General Yuzuru Chat

semifinals of the chaotic Yuzu moments (2nd version) poll! All 4 moments are great and deserve the final, hard choices must be done:59227c768286a__s::shame:

:crybaby:

also, if you haven't seen yet this fab thread of Yuzu programs filmed from the short side, DO THAT (there's a 4CC Ballade practice fancam too from the short side that is missing in this thread, I'll search for it tomorrow later this day). The PC Ballade is truly awesome, it feels like you're there in the arena. I remember iirc Tanith White commentating that Yuzu truly had the best ice coverage, and indeed...

and now I've fullfilled my daily poll duty and enforcing the Zuzu cult agenda (:10814716:), I can go to sleep:moon94:

On 3/31/2022 at 12:44 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

So, let's pretend: if you were one of Yuzu's 'people', such as a choreographer or a coach or so on, and one day he said to you " I think I need some inspiration - do you have any suggestions?" - what would you suggest? What interesting thing would you point out to Yuzu as a way to feed his artistic soul?

That's a great question! And also the suggestions given so far are cool. I had to think about it. So, here are my ideas where to find inspiration.

The first thing that comes to mind is travel. When we travel, we are constantly experiencing, learning and discovering. But in Yuzuru's case, this is not the best advice.

Second suggestion: look at working craftsmen. Watching real craftsmen is a great source of inspiration. They have trained senses and perform skilled movements. The materials they work with require different tools. Products are created.

Another idea are public holidays and festivals. Occasion, execution, rituals, purpose – they are found in all cultures. Since many are associated with religion or faith, it may be difficult to isolate elements from them or filter out something globally understandable. But celebrations are always inspiring.

In addition to engaging with culture, however, I'm inclined to see Yuzuru in a next program (new FS?) interacting with nature, which has already been suggested here as an inspiration.

Bluntly once assuming that a new Free program will emerge, I am considering what might carry on the "tradition" of Seimei and Ten to Chi to. There, the engagement with nature is a possibility.

Japanese music and a story Yuzuru tells about it obviously fit him perfectly. A single person who does something outstanding, who takes on a special role, who represents a great theme. We had magic and battle. What other equal themes, major themes, are there for which Yuzuru would not have to portray a second human character at the same time, like a partner or an opponent?

Certainly in Japanese history, legends or fairy tales, there are individual characters who act in a special way in nature. Offhand, the following examples come to mind from my own cultural background: The Old Man and the Sea, Schimmelreiter, L'homme qui plantait des arbres (coincidentally all men, sorry). Loner roles that interact with nature, with it and against it, and are unique because of their behavior. There the whole range of emotions can take place, the constant change with the elements can be depicted, the human strengths and weaknesses can be shown. And with nature, there is no need to divide people into good and evil.

These are just my personal thoughts, of course.

Some new great figure Yuzuru will surely find, with whom he feels a resonance. That he is the master at embodying them on the ice, he has proven enough.

Yuzu is really inspiring.:heartpound:

Fanboy Mark got an autograph from Yuzu on the little Shuey Rhon Rhon :happy:

Rough translation

There is also the mascot of the Paralympic Games, which is signed by Yuzuru Hanyu.

Does he have your autograph?
"Of course, he came up, asked me for an autograph, to take a picture, and then I told him: well, you sign something for me as a keepsake (laughs). A very valuable talisman."

:thumbsup:

Source (English translation):68271262:

🙏

[NEWS]

On 4/1/2022 at 4:47 AM, Xiupia said:

To continue on twitter, Yuzu has been trending on the sports section for the whole day on the worldwide tag and now in the US: 

FPOZ5SNVsAAs9WV.jpg

from: @elitejean on twitter (I couldn’t post my own screenshot here lol) 

Earlier his kanji name was trending as well. 

This is wonderful ... and interesting. I somehow have the feeling that there are activities ongoing to make the public lose interest in Yuzu or at least pretend that other skaters are more popular now. Yesterday we typed his name into Google with some other figure skating key words and we got 10 times less results than when searching these key words together with NC. Further, we have some of the most clicked Yuzu videos disappearing. This might be due to rules and regulations in some cases but ... :scratch3: Anyway, it won't help! :devil3:

On 4/1/2022 at 9:28 PM, Yuzurella said:

Happy Hope&Legacy Day, everyone! :loveshower:

H&L has a very special meaning for me. When I saw Yuzu's otherworldly performance five years ago, it was like a whole new world for me. I had never seen something so magical and beautiful before. I was already a Yuzu fan before and enjoyed his programs immensely. But H&L turned me into the devoted fan I am today. The past couple of years have been very difficult for me. But Yuzu has brought so much light, hope, and beauty into my life. I'm so grateful that I discovered him and only wish for the very best things for him. I hope Yuzu is healthy and happy in every way. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

By the way, I've seen some awesome professional magazine photo shoots with Sui/Han, Wang/Liu, Boyang, and Junhwan the last few days. I wish Yuzu could do something like this, too. He would look absolutely fantastic in a stylish high fashion magazine shoot. :girlsigh:

Watching this is always so soothing and calming - with nothing to worry about! No fall or spectacular safe ... Just pure magic. :68556365:

I take this opportunity again to ask if somebody has the full video of the last group with two English-speaking commentators. I don't remember if it was Eurosport or some British TV channel, but I remember that during warmup they mentioned that Yuzu off-camera didn't get anything right, that he fell trying jumps etc. They almost pitied him, but when he finished his gorgeous performance they were lacking superlatives. If I remember correctly, the co-commentator said something like it was an honor to be witnessing something so beautiful. They agreed that there was nothing Brian could teach Yuzu anymore, so one of them asked: "What does Brian do?" "He gets a coffee!"

Does anybody know which video I mean? I'd be so grateful if someone could drop a link ... :cheer:

On 4/2/2022 at 8:32 AM, citrusfairy said:

Hi I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while hahaha. I don't know if this is the appropriate forum thread to post this but I'd like to share how I fell in love with Yuzu during the Beijing Olympics and to ask a very important question.

So I had a vague idea of his existence before (a few years back) due to the viral video of a "fall" he had after an interview at Sochi Olympics :laughing: I found him cute and it was funny but I did not really try to get to know who he was. Until I came upon a video of him in Beijing, how he fell but continually stood up to finish his program, for some reason it touched me. And because I interacted with that video the algorithm on my account kept on feeding me videos of him and I was even more stunned to know his history. And the words "efforts may lie but will never be in vain" resonated with me so much I can't help but want to cheer him on forever and wish for his happiness and health always. So now I'm falling down a deep deep Yuzu rabbit hole. :laughing:

Anyway, here's my question, as a foreigner (not Japanese, not living in Japan) I figured it would be hard to watch his ice shows in Japan. Do you think it is possible for us foreigners to watch and how? I heard tickets are sold out almost immediately and is won by "lottery" (I don't know what this means :confused:). If any of you can answer this question I would really appreciate it. Thank you so muchhh!

Welcome! :wave: Your story sounds so familiar ... :heartpound:

On 3/31/2022 at 12:44 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Been a while since I've been on the main chat. 

I saw the Shae-Lynn interview, and it got me thinking about Yuzu and where he gets his inspiration, and more generally where artists get their inspiration from. For a lot of artists, pieces that they create can comes from multiple inspirations and turn out to be a kind of sum total of all their experiences, distilled and viewed through the lens of their particular medium.

Because of this, there are artists who continually seek out new inspiration and new experiences that can then use to inspire their art. For example, a ballet dancer might take some classes in a different dance style, or a painter migh travel to a foreign land to see new landscapes.

So, let's pretend: if you were one of Yuzu's 'people', such as a choreographer or a coach or so on, and one day he said to you " I think I need some inspiration - do you have any suggestions?" - what would you suggest? What interesting thing would you point out to Yuzu as a way to feed his artistic soul? 

I think I would suggest first spending time in nature, then going to a famous art museum to look at things he's never seen before. 

Anyone else? 

Yuzu seems like a very thoughtful and introspective person, so it's hard to tell or understand how far his "world" goes and how he nurtures it. All uyour proposals are very interesting. I love that most, if not all, have mentioned the contact with nature. In my case, what I try to do is find a balance. For example, before the pandemic, my work became very mental and office-based, so I looked for something more upbeat and joyful to do in my free time. I ended up signing up for bollywood dance classes and it's the best thing I've ever done (I have to say that I don't like to dance hahaha) But the laughter in the classes, the nerves before the performances and the explosion of color and madness of the holi festivals gave me more than I was looking for. So I would propose that Yuzu think about what he do most in his day to day and think of something totally opposite and even that he would never think of doing. 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:43 AM, Sha said:

I would have two suggestions to give. One is more conventional, and the other would be less conventional. The conventional one is to suggest that he listen to music in other languages and culture, then looking at the translated lyrics. Given how in tuned he is in general to musicality, I feel like that would be very helpful.

The less conventional one is to go 'borrow' a human from the human library (e.g. https://humanlibrary.org/). I often find that I get my inspiration from listening to other people's stories about their life. There are so many people who have lived so different lives.

This Human Library is a very beautiful idea. I really love it :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

This is totally off topic, but I read something about Mark on twitter that made me adore him even more. It seems that someone asked him when he would have a nice girl and he answered something like maybe he would have a nice boy. I don't remember exactly his words, but :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

FINAL POLL! run and cast your final vote!:smiley-happy093:

Currently people seem to favor cute twirling to chaotic splatting, can't really blame them, but I still gave my vote for the cursed content :laughing:

As a bonus, enjoy these two fancams:

Zuzu being Zuzu take 1, falling flat on his face :tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

Zuzu being Zuzu take 2 (chronologically earlier!), gold streamers:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: (twirly moment at 6:38. There's also had the very first half-lift by Hotarek during group pics, probably what would inspire The Lift later in PyeongChang that season)

thank you so much to the uploaders!! who btw have A LOT of other great fancams on their channels, so if you haven't already, go and watch them all!:10636614:

On 4/3/2022 at 2:54 AM, EisElle said:

Hi and welcome! Thank you for sharing your story, I love hearing how Yuzu attracted new fans, so many different stories but one thing in common: sooner or later, his gravitational pull will capture you and there's no coming back 😆

As for your question, I have never taken part in Jpn lotteries, so I only have a very general idea, maybe Jpn satellites like @SuzyQ can be more helpful (tagging since I've seen her around recently and maybe she'll see this too🙏)

(Am I missing something or Sweetwater hasn't been around lately instead? Hope she's ok:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: )

Anyway to enter lottery you have to register (with a jpn address/phone number??idk) and ask to take part in draws for certain categoriesof seats on a certain day. Lotteries are used because there's a very high demand, so you don't just book a ticket right away, but you express your wish to book, and that request is entered together with others in a lottery.

If you get drawn, great, congrats, you're one of the very lucky ones 🥳 and what you win is the seats they assign you, in the category and for the day you have applied for.

Usually there are several draws for the same event and you can apply in each of them, for a predetermined max number of tickets.

Afaik, because of scalpers, organizers have started checking more strictly for IDs when letting people in, so if you buy from a reseller (or for example, from someone who won a lottery but doesn't need the ticket anymore because they won better seats in another draw) you might get in trouble, unless iirc the one who sold you the ticket is still gonna go to the event and can enter with you at the security check.

I know that sometimes there were "dedicated" draws for foreigners (tho iirc not for the best seats), but also that some international fanyus managed to enter the "normal" jpn lotteries and win and could attend to shows/comps without trouble. It was pre covid tho.

If you can't find more info on this forum in the dedicated  competition/fanmeetings threads, on twitter 

Reveal hidden contents

people like @ marika_yuzu sometimes post some info (for example, she recommended fans who asked her if they could book a visit to the upcoming Exhibition to double check about travel restrictions first)

I also know e.g. @ blupuddy is an int. fanyu who managed to go to FaOI once and also to at least one comp in Japan, tho can't remember which route she went to get tickets.

I'm just dropping these names in case the future you may need to get in touch with people with first-hand knowledge about what to do.

Also keep in mind that sometimes rules may change for different events)

As for watching from home, last few seasons we've been lucky enough to get most days of Yuzuru's shows broadcasted. Even when we only got a delayed cut, we still got plenty of Zuzu (the perks of being fan of a wildly popular skater😆). For example, we got 3/4shows of SOI Yokohama broadcasted, with extra multiangle slowomo replays of Yuzu 🙈

For FaOI, at least Makuhari should get plenty of coverage.

You can watch any Jpn broadcast live subscribing to Jpn tv (the subscription needed may change according to which channel broadcasts), or relying on pirate stream like liveqq. All streaming info are usually added in the dedicated shows thread. If any kind of Zuzu stuff gets broadcasted, we get footage either way:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: 

Wow this is very detailed! seems like getting tickets is indeed a battlefield :crybaby:Thank you so much! :heart: I just hope he has international ice shows soon maybe it would be easier for us foreigners. :gaah:

On 2022/4/3 at 午前3時54分, EisElleさんが言いました:

Hi and welcome! Thank you for sharing your story, I love hearing how Yuzu attracted new fans, so many different stories but one thing in common: sooner or later, his gravitational pull will capture you and there's no coming back 😆

As for your question, I have never taken part in Jpn lotteries, so I only have a very general idea, maybe Jpn satellites like @SuzyQ can be more helpful (tagging since I've seen her around recently and maybe she'll see this too🙏)

(Am I missing something or Sweetwater hasn't been around lately instead? Hope she's ok:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: )

Anyway to enter lottery you have to register (with a jpn address/phone number??idk) and ask to take part in draws for certain categoriesof seats on a certain day. Lotteries are used because there's a very high demand, so you don't just book a ticket right away, but you express your wish to book, and that request is entered together with others in a lottery.

If you get drawn, great, congrats, you're one of the very lucky ones 🥳 and what you win is the seats they assign you, in the category and for the day you have applied for.

Usually there are several draws for the same event and you can apply in each of them, for a predetermined max number of tickets.

Afaik, because of scalpers, organizers have started checking more strictly for IDs when letting people in, so if you buy from a reseller (or for example, from someone who won a lottery but doesn't need the ticket anymore because they won better seats in another draw) you might get in trouble, unless iirc the one who sold you the ticket is still gonna go to the event and can enter with you at the security check.

I know that sometimes there were "dedicated" draws for foreigners (tho iirc not for the best seats), but also that some international fanyus managed to enter the "normal" jpn lotteries and win and could attend to shows/comps without trouble. It was pre covid tho.

If you can't find more info on this forum in the dedicated  competition/fanmeetings threads, on twitter 

Hide contents

people like @ marika_yuzu sometimes post some info (for example, she recommended fans who asked her if they could book a visit to the upcoming Exhibition to double check about travel restrictions first)

I also know e.g. @ blupuddy is an int. fanyu who managed to go to FaOI once and also to at least one comp in Japan, tho can't remember which route she went to get tickets.

I'm just dropping these names in case the future you may need to get in touch with people with first-hand knowledge about what to do.

Also keep in mind that sometimes rules may change for different events)

As for watching from home, last few seasons we've been lucky enough to get most days of Yuzuru's shows broadcasted. Even when we only got a delayed cut, we still got plenty of Zuzu (the perks of being fan of a wildly popular skater😆). For example, we got 3/4shows of SOI Yokohama broadcasted, with extra multiangle slowomo replays of Yuzu 🙈

For FaOI, at least Makuhari should get plenty of coverage.

You can watch any Jpn broadcast live subscribing to Jpn tv (the subscription needed may change according to which channel broadcasts), or relying on pirate stream like liveqq. All streaming info are usually added in the dedicated shows thread. If any kind of Zuzu stuff gets broadcasted, we get footage either way:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: 

Unfortunately I don't know much about how to get tickets of ice shows or competitions in Japan from abroad.

It's so tough to get them even in Japan when Yuzuru is in, to be honest.  So, Japanese fans go to competitions abroad if they can afford, where they can get tickets easier, although I have not tried myself.

The ticket system for NHK and the Nationals was E-ticket only, but Fantasy on Ice will be held with E-ticket/paper ticket depending on the venue. The application system really depends on the venue with different ticket agencies. Some venues will do pre-sale, but Makuhari won't.

(E-mail I received, with Makuhari part translated by DeepL) 

◆P&G Presents Fantasy on Ice 2022 in MAKUHARI ≪5月27日(金)~29日(日)≫

チケット販売期間: 4月23日(土)~26日(火)※抽選販売

プレイガイド: ローソンチケット

URL: https://l-tike.com/sports/foi2022/

Ticket sales period: April 23 (Sat.) - 26 (Tue.) *Sales by lottery

Play guide: Lawson Ticket

※上記URLは受付開始日から閲覧可能です。

The URL above can be viewed from the starting date of application.

※先行販売の予定はございません。

There are no plans for pre-sales.

◇お問い合わせ◇

キョードー東京 電話0570-550-799(平日11:00~18:00、土日祝10:00~18:00)

◆Fantasy on Ice 2022 in NAGOYA ≪6月3日(金)~5日(日)≫

チケット販売期間: 4月23日(土)11:00~5月8日(日)11:00 ※抽選販売

プレイガイド: チケットぴあ

URL: https://w.pia.jp/t/fantasy-on-ice-nagoya/

◇先行販売情報◇

【ぴあ最速抽選いち早プレリザーブ】

受付期間: 4月2日(土)11:00~10日(日)11:00

受付URL: https://w.pia.jp/t/fantasy-on-ice-nagoya/

※ぴあプレミアム会員への登録が必要です。詳しくはお申込み画面をご確認ください。

【ファミリーマートWEB抽選先行】

受付期間: 4月8日(金)11:00~17日(日)11:00

受付URL: https://w.pia.jp/t/fantasy-on-ice-nagoya/

◇お問い合わせ◇

Fantasy on Ice 名古屋インフォメーション 電話0570-00-3838(平日11:00~17:00)

◇名古屋公演特設ウェブサイト◇

URL: https://www.nagoyatv.com/faoi2022nagoya/

◆P&G Presents Fantasy on Ice 2022 in KOBE ≪6月17日(金)~19日(日)≫

チケット販売期間: 5月6日(金)~9日(月)※抽選販売

Pコード: 647-835

URL: https://w.pia.jp/t/fantasy-on-ice/

※上記URLは受付開始日から閲覧可能です。

◇お問い合わせ◇

キョードーインフォメーション 電話0570-200-888(平日11:00~16:00)

◆Fantasy on Ice 2022 in SHIZUOKA ≪6月24日(金)~26日(日)≫

チケット販売期間: 5月6日(金)~9日(月)※抽選販売

Pコード: 647-849

URL: https://w.pia.jp/t/fantasy-on-ice-shizuoka/

◇お問い合わせ◇

Fantasy on Ice 静岡インフォメーション 電話0570-00-3838(平日11:00~17:00)