General Yuzuru Chat

Hmm, while I don't disagree with most criticism of the ISU/scoring/etc., if a post is not really about Yuzuru, it should go into a different thread (the salt thread, threads for other skaters, or competition threads). If it's a criticism that has already been posted before (or twice, or three times), maybe use the salt thread instead. Many posters here expressed that they agree w/ most of the criticism but want to talk about other things instead. 

As far as constructive criticism, I agree that we shouldn't bring in skaters' appearances. I also think we shouldn't assign moral judgment to skaters for being overscored. I don't like it any more than anyone else when skaters are given scores for things they didn't do, but they are not judging themselves. Sure, skaters can work hard and improve to "deserve" their scores, but not everyone can improve even if they try to. Maybe they are trying to (and failing). It would be too much for me to expect them to voluntarily withdraw from the competition because they are overscored.

Maybe I'm more calm about this now because I don't really think scores mean anything anymore. Overscored or underscored, it's all made up numbers to me. I'm kind of from the camp where I don't think scoring is even fixable until we dismantle the ISU from within and start anew, which isn't going to happen. Maybe I've reached the last stage of grief -- acceptance.

P.S. We will inevitably have different opinions on other skaters. And THAT'S OKAY. No one should be made to feel bad for liking another skater. I hope this forum can be accepting of people who are fans of other skaters. Please use the ignore button instead if you don't agree with a poster's opinions... The fandom has gotten pretty splintered lately (and not for no reason) but I hope we can still coexist as Yuzu fans. :sadPooh:

I see things are a bit tense at the moment... really utilize the ignore button and curate your own space! There are different threads for a reason, and I have found that separating those discussions based on the various threads helps a lot.

In other news, I was on Twitter and saw all the cool gifts that fanyus were giving one another at worlds and they look so amazing! One day, I hope I can go to a competition and meet some fellow fanyus and have the opportunity of getting some pretty yuzu merch too  :tumblr_inline_mg16hfnAAr1qdlkyg: I saw that there were a few yuzu banners being placed and held during worlds too, and it was so nice to just see a piece of him there (I hope he is happy and resting well :8232307:)

I also want to give a shout out to Planet Hanyu and thank ya'll for the streaming parties- it's been a lot of fun hanging out with fellow fanyus and chatting while watching yuzu content :dancingpooh: I'm excited to join in on the next one two weeks from now!!

This happened ten years ago. I remember how the practice rink had big windows with lots of natural light. Some practice videos have a magical kind of feeling with light and shadows on the ice. It was a special competition for me. I was already on the journey to become his fan, but R&J sealed the deal for me. After that there was no turning back. Now I want to go back to that moment and relive everything. Maybe I should watch the whole competition again.

1 hour ago, Lynn487 said:

I see things are a bit tense at the moment... really utilize the ignore button and curate your own space! There are different threads for a reason, and I have found that separating those discussions based on the various threads helps a lot.

In other news, I was on Twitter and saw all the cool gifts that fanyus were giving one another at worlds and they look so amazing! One day, I hope I can go to a competition and meet some fellow fanyus and have the opportunity of getting some pretty yuzu merch too  :tumblr_inline_mg16hfnAAr1qdlkyg: I saw that there were a few yuzu banners being placed and held during worlds too, and it was so nice to just see a piece of him there (I hope he is happy and resting well :8232307:)

I also want to give a shout out to Planet Hanyu and thank ya'll for the streaming parties- it's been a lot of fun hanging out with fellow fanyus and chatting while watching yuzu content :dancingpooh: I'm excited to join in on the next one two weeks from now!!

can you share where to see the cool gifts! Or point me to a tag? I follow mostly jfanyus and it doesn’t appear on my TL :animated-smileys-character-075:

7 hours ago, WawaYu said:

Hello everyone, I am new here -- I have been checking on this site on and off and finally created an account. Nice to meet y'all!!

This is my first posting. Hopefully I am not doing something terribly wrong :176:

I just saw this on Japan Yahoo website. I am not sure how authentic it is, but it appears that Yuzuru has been renting Sendai rink and practice at midnight (his father drives him there) since he returned from Beijing.

I hope it is true! I would be sooo happy to see him back on ice where he truly loves :)

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/e7d7786c12337d6998304725edd6100e5af5c8f3

Nice to meet you too :wave: and thank you for the Yahoo clip.  Absolute nothing would make me more happy than see him on the ice again but at the same time I really hope he has patience to fully rehabilitate that ankle.  I have to confess I am a little bit worried, it is only six weeks from the Olympics free skate...:scratch3:I hope he is not doing too much too soon.  I am absolutely sure that every fan has patience to wait him to come back when his fully recovered.

However, if he is practising, that must mean he is not thinking of quitting any time soon :yahoo:

57 minutes ago, meowmeownyan said:

can you share where to see the cool gifts! Or point me to a tag? I follow mostly jfanyus and it doesn’t appear on my TL :animated-smileys-character-075:

Here are cool gifts from Yuzu_Legend and Yonkaiten Pixel!

Actually, jfanyus give out the COOLEST stuff at comps. They bring stuff from Japan that's not easy for us to get, like Yuzu Lotte Clear Files. My friends and I even received a box of Haskap berry candies! (Yuzu visited a Haskap berry farm on 24 hr TV).

40 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Here are cool gifts from Yuzu_Legend and Yonkaiten Pixel!

Actually, jfanyus give out the COOLEST stuff at comps. They bring stuff from Japan that's not easy for us to get, like Yuzu Lotte Clear Files. My friends and I even received a box of Haskap berry candies! (Yuzu visited a Haskap berry farm on 24 hr TV).

that’s amazing! I want to go too. Fanyus are so generous 

10 hours ago, WawaYu said:

Hello everyone, I am new here -- I have been checking on this site on and off and finally created an account. Nice to meet y'all!!

This is my first posting. Hopefully I am not doing something terribly wrong :176:

I just saw this on Japan Yahoo website. I am not sure how authentic it is, but it appears that Yuzuru has been renting Sendai rink and practice at midnight (his father drives him there) since he returned from Beijing.

I hope it is true! I would be sooo happy to see him back on ice where he truly loves :)

Welcome to the Planet Hanyu!! Hope you enjoy the forum:heart:

About the article you're referring, I wouldn't take this at the face value as this particular magazine (Josei Seven) is a gossip magazine that us Japanese fanyus call it "ga-se-ven" (ga-se means "fake"). Some of the past articles that they wrote including the article about Yuzu  that really hurt him and his fans at the time. So just be careful that it's because some magazine's posted an article about Yuzu that doesn't mean the article is based on the truth.

14 hours ago, WawaYu said:

Welcome @WawaYu to the Planet  :wave: 

Yuzu cookies :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

Hi!! I want to ask some questions since I'm very new to figure skating and just became a fanyu after Beijing.

I saw a lot of fanyus talks about how JSF treats their skaters, including yuzu.

I'm curious about how jsf treats other skaters greatly can highly impact, for example, like yuzu's score in the competition itself. I mean, like, how do they affect the scores. Do they talk the judges or something? I know this is a very dumb question, but yeah just very curious

2 hours ago, Anni said:

The Spanish Olympic twitter account posted this 

Let's enjoy "Haru yo Koi":heartpound:

[NEWS]

The banners from Planet Hanyu were sighted (right)

Thank you for you support :heart:

Thank you Fanyus who were at WC 2022, France! I saw my tiny country Brunei is on the banner next to Saudi Arabia. Coincidentally, both are muslim countries and rich in oil:grin:

14 hours ago, WawaYu said:

Welcome to the Planet! Don’t be shy – post often!