General Yuzuru Chat

Just… use the ignore button, honestly. 
I, too, sometimes get tired at seeing all the negativity, despite being one of the people here who is the saltiest about fudging. In the similar way I am tired of all the positivity, which really, at this level of fudgery? I used to admire people who can still be positive in awful situation, but eh, not anymore.

Some of the people I ignore are either too positive or too negative, and some of them post a LOT. Sometimes I will get an entire page empty bcz it’s the people I ignore, lol. I figured, if it’s something important about Yuzu, I’ll see the post eventually.

But, well, I am a fandom,,, hmm, middle-age? Cz I am not sure I am a fandom elder, but definitely not a newbie either. FS is dying to me. Yuzuru is quite literally the only reason I am still tethered reluctantly atm. I don’t even want to love the sport as he urges his fans to do. Or, perhaps as he used to urge? Cz his subtle comments post-Beijing had taken a different tone, if I am reading the translations correctly. I’ve seen enough, attended some comps in the past enough, have enjoyed it enough, and have been fed up enough. And so, I now use the ignore button liberally :space:

I'm a relatively new forum member, but I think the Salt Mines have been a great place for people to vent our their frustrations. Perhaps (even) more of the "negativity" / critique on the judging system could be moved to that place? Alternatively, we could have a dedicated thread just for scoring issues.

That said, I definitely agree with @Neenahthat the criticism shouldn't extend to the skaters' appearance or personality*.

*It's ok to call out people on their bad behaviour of course.

I will admit that I'm probably one of the saltiest here, and that's why some of us came up with the suggestion for a rant thread (that is properly moderated and archived quickly). I think the saltiest complaints should stay there, they will be deleted anyway and having a community to vent and communicate is quite cathartic in a way, especially in sports. I hope I managed to keep most of my rants there and not let most spill over here. 

Fanyus are bigger than FStwitter  at this point, on the internet. If you stay long enough on social media you'll notice that there are literally factions, groups that don't communicate with each other because of some beef / drama, is big enough you can navigate the fandom space without encountering drama or the opposite. The problem is the energy that it takes to curate, mute, and find your own space. However, FS is still a small world. The consistent complaints do get to the people involved, get to the media, changes the mood on how the sport is perceived. So just for that I wouldn't say the complains are useless, at least outside of this forum. 

Since we are not using spoilers for this, I will just explain a point that might be missing. Some of us see that the system that has hurt and bullied good and great athletes is the exact same one that has benefitted others. Some argue that this is not a zero sum game, but I think is close to one. Is very hard to not perceive the injustice as permeating everything, especially when we had access to Yuzu's own feelings abt his experiences this past quad. ISU benefits from selective outrage, as any sport governing body does btw - ISU is not particularly more corrupt - so some people elect to democratise their outrage across the board, and that doesn't mesh well with fans of the sport who still want to enjoy portions of it. 

I think it would be a good idea to make the Team Japan, Team Korea, etc., threads more alive, so fans could focus on the athletes without ranting tangents.  I saw a lot of fanyus upset on behalf of Jun today, and some coming around on Illia and Yuma (and I literally only follow fanyus), so I know the audience exists.

For the sake of someone's question, I'm not new to FS although I'm very new to the forum. I think the sport is in a downward spiral, but I've been feeling like this since Sochi Women's event. This Worlds had done nothing to change my mind, unfortunately, even Kaori's win. The sense of in-sport community that people like Yuzu made an effort in fostering years ago is seemingly lacking. This will probably be my last overtly negative take in this chat. 

All in all, mute mute, mention your favorites when related to Yuzu without fear, and etc. 

And vote on Amy's thread on twitter!

1 hour ago, Suzu said:

To bring little bit of happiness to this dark night....:loveshower:

I couldn't agree more with the spectator of this video :clap:  OOOOOOOLEEEEE....Yuzuru Hanyu, I loveeeee you.....

Here’s the full video by Enrique CoMa, Yuzu’s most enthusiastic fan!  I never tire of watching this video.

11 minutes ago, yuri_zz said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but where is the ignore button? I can´t find it :slinkaway:

Under spoiler, cz off topic:

Spoiler

If you hover over the profile, you'll get the ignore option in the bottom right corner. I don't think this work on phone or tab, however. I am doing this on the PC.

unknown.png

25 minutes ago, yuri_zz said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but where is the ignore button? I can´t find it :slinkaway:

I'm sorry I am ignoring you so I cant answer......hahaha only joking!:rofl3: I dont know where it is either lol!

EDIT - now seen responses above, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Here’s the full video by Enrique CoMa, Yuzu’s most enthusiastic fan!  I never tire of watching this video.

I love this! The enthusiasm!

Also the ice coverage?! Wow! On tv you can’t see the ice coverage but this is how the audience actually see the match? 

47 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Me neither...I have watched it at least ten times this evening ....Enrique  was totally in the mood :lol:....and then Yuzuru wonders if his skating makes us feel anything :loveeyes:

Hello everyone, I am new here -- I have been checking on this site on and off and finally created an account. Nice to meet y'all!!

This is my first posting. Hopefully I am not doing something terribly wrong :176:

I just saw this on Japan Yahoo website. I am not sure how authentic it is, but it appears that Yuzuru has been renting Sendai rink and practice at midnight (his father drives him there) since he returned from Beijing.

I hope it is true! I would be sooo happy to see him back on ice where he truly loves :)

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/e7d7786c12337d6998304725edd6100e5af5c8f3

on the ranting/negativity, I encourage everyone to stick to Yuzuru stuff in this thread, and to also make use of the Salt Mines and of the spoiler + the ignore option.

And before I take my own advice, OT

Spoiler

Overinflated scores are not skaters' fault, but what they choose to do with them? It's entirely their choice and I take that very personally.

I ask for bare minimum self-awareness and integrity. This sport is ruined by the lack of both at every level.

Overscored skaters who don't even try to address their weaknesses are incredibly lacking at least in one of the two.

Skaters like Shoma or Nate... they actually had all the sources - plenty of ice time, financial support thanks to fed and sponsors, coaching expertise at their disposal, the best choreographers - to present themselves as improved versions of their selves from 4 seasons ago.

It's been 4years of crickets. They've made me lose my residual good will. Which doesn't mean they don't have other redeeming qualities, but this attitude of theirs is a very, very big character flaw to me.

Some still enjoy them despite of this. Fine, I myself have my share of overscored faves too, I can relate to both the feeling of guilt and the feeling of oppression at seeing criticism at every turn. But won't stop grumbling at every turn about skaters who chose to disrespect FS and their peers.

If there's growing pessimism it's because very literally this sport has been deteriorating more and more across all 4disciplines, sinking lower and lower. When this forum was born, there was still 3goe system, and Yuzuru rightfully was still getting top goe on his good elements, even if other people's socres already were crazy. There was unfairness but there still was a semblance of hope that hard work was actually rewarded.

Now? There is no hope. Yuzuru had a grand total of 1 element getting max goe, in 4 years. While having borught us harder elemenebts, harder programs, harder TR... you need to be on judges' good side or not even BV can save you (see Wakaba's SP in Beijing, but also what RIka was getting compared to Alina)

welcome new satellites and uhhh sorry for the latest turn of the discussion, hope you find what you seek here <3

remember to curate your own experience!

also, this poll was already shared but I'm bringing it again to beg you to show some love to choo choo train that is up against a very tough opponent, like at least give them some votes the enormity of gap is hurting me:crybaby: (I'm part of the gap sob)

you can find the choo choo in question below, around 6:05 mark. Yuzu solo part was self choreo (of course:rolleyes: and it looked like he was going at 2x speed:laughing: gotta say that his BlindingLights self choreo is a huge improvement)

Trashbag pants lovers, I summon thee!