General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

I have to confess before Beijing I was scared of Yuzu not winning gold. I was afraid that the general public might be fooled by the heavy promotions and narrations and that even Yuzuru’s legacy might be tarnished. I was afraid that locals and casuals might not appreciate Yuzu’s skating and performances and jump in the media’s fabricated bandwagon to appreciate the fake mediocre skating.

At the end, Yuzu didn’t get gold, not even bronze (burn in hell JSF) but everything went in the opposite direction of my pessimistic expectations. He was cherished more than ever, way more than the three supported medalists. He got a lot more famous, way more popular and many people resonated with his struggles and that “efforts are not always rewarded” quote. His personality, endurance, grace in the struggling time, sacrifices for his goal and putting an “honest” fight (which seems to be forgotten in FS by many) was truly the highlight of everything. The way he calmly accepted the unfortunate hole incident, injury, unfairly not medaling but yet keeping his pride and ideals, appearing in press conference giving iconic quotes and then not running away to home to hide and heal but performing his past programs with all his might to show that he is indeed the best he has ever been. Finally giving a very heart-touching performance in gala… The way he behaved in Beijing just showed why he is so deserving of the GOAT title. He is not just godly skilled but with a very wise head on his shoulders too. I follow sports as hobby for entertainment but few athletes like him appear to be role-models, teaching lessons.

Anyway, watching Beijing was a great life lesson to me. In our society that is actually very “result-driven”, sometimes, “unrewarded honest efforts” shine brighter than “easily obtained fake honor”.

\end of late night babbling lol sorry~~~~

I feared the same, because narratives and "WRs" are a powerful thing and Oly audience usually appreciate cleanliness more than "art" or skill in itself, but the support from audience both in China and in other online spaces (and also, thankfully, from most of Jpn media) went way beyond what I expected. Yuzuru is an athelte and insanely competitive, so I'm sure Yuzuru would still have wanted "something concete" in the form of a medal to show fo his hard work, or at least to be able to truly show his best in both programs, without stupid holes and an injury, but I'm glad he at least know that his value in the eyes of people is not only in his results. I don't want him to ever ever ever wonder "why am I alive", and I want him to be truly intimately sure that what he's done in Beijing was precious to many :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

on a more lighthearted note, go and vote for kitties and PC galal lift  joking  but actually not, do vote for them especially PC gala I can't believe it's losing so badly in semifinal rounds here:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

35 minutes ago, EisElle said:

on a more lighthearted note, go and vote for kitties and PC galal lift  joking  but actually not, do vote for them especially PC gala I can't believe it's losing so badly in semifinal rounds here:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Aaaaah, sorry I voted for the Shuzo medal moment instead of the cats :peekapooh:  I just love being reminded that yuzu has allies and people in his corner 

lol 

There will be a popular vote poll for the japanese public putting Yuzu against Shohei:

Yuzu has always been in the Top 3 of these polls since 2015, which is… unprecedent. Holding figure skating’s popularity against Japan’s darling, baseball. 

Congrats to both, by all accounts Shohei is a dear, hope he has a good season (I saw that they implemented a newer regulation in the games now, that will benefit players like him a lot. Imagine if ISU worked like this, making sure the sport is benefited from athletes’ well roundness LMAO). 

2 hours ago, Love_Ela said:

Have the worlds 2022 practice sessions been posted anywhere?

Do you have twitter or reddit? I saw people posting there. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
On 3/20/2022 at 6:08 PM, Geo1 said:

It was like a dam burst! She was talking so fast that she ran out of breath! (I think she had to wipe away some spittle.) The host had trouble trying to interject a question! And her fanart! She also loved Yuzu practicing in his sleek black outfit in Beijing. She is a typical Yuzu fan. Anytime anyone asks me about Yuzu, I keep running at the mouth!

Here are more Yuzu illustrations from Shoko Nakagawa :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

More here :68271262:

Spoiler

[NEWS]

Yuzu says "Let's go ...":happydance:

18 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

I found these 2 links and with Nobu: impossible not to laugh and even understanding nothing of what they are talking about and to see Yuzu relaxed (with the others too) and  :hehe:   and losing his seriousness too:   https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=XshNR4vlF6Q    and   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vNr1dr8OxI  

3 hours ago, Love_Ela said:

I could only find pictures tho. Do you have links?

I’m avoiding Worlds the best I can, but I know user @ 3asupremacy on twitter is there and was posting videos of practice on her tl. 

Guest Mary_kyo

He doesn't have to do this. To challenge himself with this insane difficulty as it doesn't get reflected in his scores too. He got 2.63 in GOE for his 3A in Beijing and no one praised or mentioned this until a smart fanyu noticed it. but it's obvious that he needs this to keep himself motivated to continue. Somehow it seems after not getting rewarded in scores and being shoved toward retirement by officials and JSF, his motivation is shifted to fulfil/reach his own goals (beyond any scoring), such as mastering the balance in the landing while omitting the essential symmetry requirement (that is like the basic crucial rule for controlling the landing wow).

18 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

For new fanyus it was also a kind of crash course in Yuzu's mastery and legacy - heartbreaking, cause you know you were not there all of this time, but at the same time the whole bunch of new and wonderful feelings getting into you. And then, I also realized he communicates like that. There is a powerful exchange going on here. 

THIS! This is what I was feeling the entire time. I'm in my early 20s, I've done and haven't done a lot of things, but I've never had regrets. Until Beijing when I saw Yuzuru perform live on my TV for the first time. My only life regret is that I didn't watch the Olympics back in 2018 to have discovered Yuzuru then. 

This may sound extreme, but it's really just how I'm feeling - I got very emotional after seeing Yuzuru's SP at the Olympics and haven't recovered since.

1 hour ago, LiaRy said:

THIS! This is what I was feeling the entire time. I'm in my early 20s, I've done and haven't done a lot of things, but I've never had regrets. Until Beijing when I saw Yuzuru perform live on my TV for the first time. My only life regret is that I didn't watch the Olympics back in 2018 to have discovered Yuzuru then. 

This may sound extreme, but it's really just how I'm feeling - I got very emotional after seeing Yuzuru's SP at the Olympics and haven't recovered since.

i without a doubt, 100% agree! i have not really been a fanyu for a long time, as of only when the beijing olympics ended i discovered him on my youtube recommendations. i really wish i could've discovered him back then!

4 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

Dammit, I miss Yuzu a LOT today.

That's it, that's my message.

Does it help if I tell you I feel the same? I had wanted to enjoy the first competitions at Worlds today, after having attended HIS first training session(s). His absence is even more disappointing now that NC has withdrawn, too. My secret hope had been NC would withdraw because his studies start again in spring or so and Yuzu would be healthy enough to attend. In other words: I had wished for the 2020 4CC effect. :smiley-scared003: Now it's only Worlds on TV for me ... Anyway, waiting for a new season with a fully rehabilitated ankle is of course a better prospect. :SunFace:

3 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

He doesn't have to do this. To challenge himself with this insane difficulty as it doesn't get reflected in his scores too. He got 2.63 in GOE for his 3A in Beijing and no one praised or mentioned this until a smart fanyu noticed it. but it's obvious that he needs this to keep himself motivated to continue. Somehow it seems after not getting rewarded in scores and being shoved toward retirement by officials and JSF, his motivation is shifted to fulfil/reach his own goals (beyond any scoring), such as mastering the balance in the landing while omitting the essential symmetry requirement (that is like the basic crucial rule for controlling the landing wow).

How long did it take the smart fanyu to discover this? I wouldn't have noticed myself but shouldn't the judges be in a position to see this? Again, without saying a word, Yuzu has shown the public why his fans are right in criticizing the judges. I still haven't got over him not getting maximum points for music interpretation: He asked the pianist of his choice to play Rondo in a very specific way and felt that two choreographers were necessary to shape his short program in a way that it reflects his feelings and tells his story. I'm not aware of any other skater having done such things so far. 

3 hours ago, LiaRy said:

This is what I experienced in 2018! 

Guest Mary_kyo

Although I really miss Yuzu’s skating and so eager to see Rondo again without any unfortunate incident but somehow I’m glad that Yuzu is resting and not competing. It seems we will have the battle of century in men in Worlds, but not about crazy skills or otherworldly talents. It will be a bloody war between JSF and USFS to divide podium between their four faves. I’m thrilled for the outrageous scores that Yuma and Ilia are going to get. Will Ilia beat Yuma’s record of fastest increase in PCS? Or Yuma will get positive GOE on stepped out jumps or Jason’s level of PCS?  See? It’s great that Yuzu is staying safe at home, healing. Or else, he was going to be the sacrificing lamb for Yum Yum. Universe knew something. This is my newly discovered positive way of thinking to cope.