General Yuzuru Chat

36 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

I've read this blog post about Yuzu screaming at the end of one of his Masquerade performances and I don't know which one the blogger is talking about. Can someone help, please? It seems to be from one of the DOI2021 performances, but I'm not sure.

Yes, this was from DOI 2021 (11th July).

Here Yuzu's scream :O

Edit: Pancake was faster:wink2:

3 hours ago, lajoitko said:

I just love this Ten to Chi to edit

Thank you, this is sublime. The high quality sound allows for appreciating the music even more together with how the programme is composed and executed. It's not the easiest music -  rhythm is scattered, melody travels through unexpected turns. But Yuzuru takes you on this journey through his performance and makes your experience something really intensive. And there are all these difficult technical elements embedded. But this is his level now. 

8 hours ago, ccy said:

Just a few weeks ago, NC fans called Yuzu-kun a coward after he pulled out of the WC. Well...yesterday he (NC) retired too. 

p/s: stay safe everyone. 

It's a nice punishment, you should never make fun of and attack others (in fact it's for Yuzu) and it's called: "the return of the stick"  https://jaimelesmots.com/un-retour- de-baton/  or also: "the return of the crank" https://context.reverso.net/traduction/francais-anglais/retour+de+manivelle   I put it in English for you fanyus 

Guest Mary_kyo

Shoma and Yuma are receiving fair amount of criticism for their behavior in the green room from Japanese. I post it here because it’s very publicly discussed in my timeline. So, I fully expect some PR moves from both of them and they will both most probably spit some praises for Yuzu in the Worlds for the damage control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oWEJGANGuI

At the same time, I never believed in the “all the skaters are friends uwu” stories myself so I’m happy that we got a glimpse of their behavior in reality and their true feelings. Afterall, they are all competitors. It also makes me appreciate the warm hospitality of the skaters of team China, I can’t imagine how uncomfortable and lonely the gala could had been if Boyang, Xinyu and Shiyue weren’t looking for Yuzu. In general, I believe Yuzu’s journey in the past 4 years was very lonely/dark and the presence of few understanding people like Ghislain made it possible for him to continue. My controversial opinion is that probably Ghislain is even the major reason that Yuzu remained in TCC till now.

Bonus: look at how Yuzu treated Daniel when he was leaving the green room.

PS: I myself don’t like the public pressure on Yuma or Shoma to say praising words toward Yuzu while they are uncomfortable with it and clearly don’t believe in it. They both love Nathan and his skating for whatever reasons and it's Okay and they shouldn’t be forced to say otherwise for their “public images”. But basic human decency toward a fellow country’s athlete/legend after a rough competition is the least one might expect from athletes at the Olympics stage.

/public rant over, sorry <3 

On 3/11/2022 at 8:48 PM, Mary_kyo said:

Does anyone knows the details of Nakazawa's "Ashura on Ice" story in a weekly magazine? Apparently, it is the story of a figure skater battling alone against injustice and scoring corruption and many thinks it's a reference to Yuzu. 

I find it amazing that it seems there are more Japanese people who are so aware of the scoring injustice despite the media and officials keeping it under the rug. 

I found a blog that mentioned about this!

Guest Mary_kyo
15 minutes ago, meowmeownyan said:

I found a blog that mentioned about this!

OMG, thank you, you have amazing searching ability <3 

I translated some parts of the article that were directly quoted in the blog with DeepL and it is indeed an interesting metaphoric story. ("gods" refers to ISU, "international rules" are the rules set by ISU and Asura is Yuzu). I'm glad this is addressed in magazines even with metaphoric story telling. 

Yuzuru Hanyu has shown outstanding talent in both technical and artistic aspects. There has probably never been another skater like him in Japan or anywhere else in the world.

(…)

It is obvious that Yuzuru Hanyu's skating is a beautiful expression of the unique beauty of the Japanese body, but there is no standard to quantify and evaluate it.

(…)

The gods have reigned over the world and continue to rule it, using "international rules" and "state-of-the-art technology" that only they can manipulate at will. Rules that only they can manipulate at will.

(…)

This may have given a sense of crisis to the gods who reign over the world through technology. The gods have changed the rules for evaluation. This meant that a skater of Yuzuru Hanyu's caliber could no longer be the winner, no matter how captivating and artistic his/her performance was, unless he/she could demonstrate absolute superiority in terms of technique. Thus did the gods repel Asura's challenge.

(…)

Yuzuru Hanyu would then be left with no choice but to break through the technical barrier by pulling off the near-impossible quadruple axel.

(…)

I sincerely hope that one day we will be able to see the miraculous performance of the freed Asura on the ice.

20 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

It is obvious that Yuzuru Hanyu's skating is a beautiful expression of the unique beauty of the Japanese body, but there is no standard to quantify and evaluate it.

But there could be.Japanese Gymnastics Association partnered with a Japanese company, Fujitsu, to introduce a judging system based on 3D laser sensors and machine learning "changing the world of sports with judging support system" (JGF's words). This is branded as a Japanese contribution to improving sports (see here). 

Watanabe, the President of JGA said: “If this system is perfected, inaccurate scores will become a thing of the past, and a long-standing dream of the sports world will come true.”

Now, imagine that JSF could also contribute to improving the scoring system, partner with Yuzuru as a face of these operations, partner with a company offering technology (here it would need to be the use of inertial sensors rather than the laser), do the tests and pilots, this would be a great contribution to fs. Btw both the Japanese and International Gymnastics Assoc didn't have to contribute financially, as this has been a huge marketing move for Fujitsu. This could be a win-win for everyone involved: JSF, the skaters, and for fs in general. Plus adequate honoring the most legendary skater that Japan ever had. 

4 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

OMG, thank you, you have amazing research ability<3 

I translated parts of the article that were directly quoted in the blog with DeepL and it is an interesting metaphorical story indeed. ("gods" refers to the ISU, "international rules" are the rules set by the ISU, and Asura is Yuzu). I'm glad it's covered in magazines, even with metaphorical stories. 

I also, to understand it, had this blog translated and I saw the first video with the girl and had "queer" translated  :unsure2: : is she humorous? and Yuzu at the Louvre Museum (I have already been there and seen the Mona Lisa and other jewels) and in statue (like at Madame Tussaud?) or in painting, so there I go back to Paris and the last one writes: "may Hanyu be happy today. I wish you a good day! May your feet be more healed than yesterday" 

Nobu is not an HS, in my opinion and I hope there will be good news from him soon 

OUPPPPSSS the nose (like Pinocchio) of Javi: it was not missed .....