General Yuzuru Chat

On 3/10/2022 at 8:20 AM, cereus said:

I think this part of Ghislain's interview hasn't been shared yet:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

ghislain really is one of us, so glad to see yuzu has his unwaivering support

9 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Maybe off-topic but the difference between these two is like day and night. I'm so glad that Yuzu trained with Ghislain for all these years. Maybe the corrupted system doesn't reward him, maybe racist white figure skating fans mock him, maybe no one in the community stands up for him but at the end he stood loyal to his morals and ideals and that's why even without a medal, he is the champion.

I mean, he kinda has to 🤣? His athlete would have a lot to do to catch up with Yuzu had they gone the ethical route. So they strategize and use everything they could (loophole, favouritism, federations support) as their strength. 

I always think had Yuzu gone the same route, copy exactly what N does would the judges scored him differently or reward him? 

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Comparing Ghislain Briand and Rafael Arutyunyan is like comparing the 1984 film “Karate Kid” characters Mr. Miyagi and John Kreese (Cobra Kai).

Rafael Arutyunyan:

"I'll be honest it’s not part of my plans to have Nathan Chen fight someone on an equal footing at the Olympics. That is why we are using all opportunities and loopholes to make the most of progress and to go far ahead."

"Rules are there to violate.”

Ghislain Briand:

"I have my own principles that cannot be compromised when it comes to guidance on jumps, that is, skaters must not cheap jump. Take off, spin in the air, land on ice, none of these elements can be compromised."

John Kreese:

"We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, on the street, in competition, a man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy."

(To student Johnny Lawrence in final flight with Daniel Larusso): "Sweep the leg. You have a problem with that?"

Johnny Lawrence: "No, sensei."

John Kreese: "No mercy."

Mr. Miyagi:

"You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity."

"No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do."

what a timely comparison, I just finished watching cobra kai :rofl3:

3 hours ago, yuzupon said:

The song Li Yugang wrote for/about Zu is on spotify

[NEWS]
(is this news? I tagged it anyway, hopefully correctly)

I liked this a lot. Art inspires art.

9 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

I mean, he kinda has to 🤣? His athlete would have a lot to do to catch up with Yuzu had they gone the ethical route. So they strategize and use everything they could (loophole, favouritism, federations support) as their strength. 

I always think had Yuzu gone the same route, copy exactly what N does would the judges scored him differently or reward him? 

His scores could be much more lowballed than it already is :yucky: you can only play around with the loopholes if there’s some reward for it;  and the reward has to have a minimum certainty that it will come. 
But I don’t think many of us would like him as much as we do, and he certainly would not be under TCC. 

On 3/9/2022 at 11:40 AM, TokyoDream said:

Does he practice at night to be away from the public eye/ have the rink to himself? Silly question I suppose!

My guess is that he chooses that time for two reasons - One, as noted, he has the rink to himself.  Secondly, he's practicing at that time so he can link up with Toronto, which is during the daytime there.  I also feel he's not practicing absolutely alone, just no other skaters practicing.  There is somebody with him for safety reasons.

Guest Mary_kyo

Slightly off-topic but imagine being a journalist and the only thing you care about FS is screenshotting a Fanyu’s sarcastic tweet, absolutely out of context, over a disgusting vile Nathan Chen’s fan who mocked the 3/11 disaster. Where shall I even start? sigh. People ask why FS is going downhill and no one is pointing out USA and RUS hand in hand corruption? Because man, even real journalism doesn’t exist for FS. All of these people are paid mouthpieces.

I intentionally put this here, because Beijing just brought to light that professional journalists for FS doesn't exist and exposed the extreme racism among "white" Nathan 's fans. It's super disappointing and upsetting. 

24 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Slightly off-topic but imagine being a journalist and the only thing you care about FS is screenshotting a Fanyu’s sarcastic tweet, absolutely out of context, over a disgusting vile Nathan Chen’s fan who mocked the 3/11 disaster. Where shall I even start? sigh. People ask why FS is going downhill and no one is pointing out USA and RUS hand in hand corruption? Because man, even real journalism doesn’t exist for FS. All of these people are paid mouthpieces.

I intentionally put this here, because Beijing just brought to light that professional journalists for FS doesn't exist and exposed the extreme racism among "white" Nathan 's fans. It's super disappointing and upsetting. 

It’s funny how USfed criticizes RUSfed for corruption and cheating when they actively engage in changing results unfairly as well

13 hours ago, frizera said:

ghislain is really one of us, so glad to see that yuzu has his unwavering support

: I am okay: with that and I just found a quote: "I developed my own way of working which is a little different from the others, and Yuzu adhered to my technique" and have seen the result  :puddingpooh:  and here is this link which is fresh on Yuzu (you will do the translation better than me  :wink2:) and I would be like Yuzu: "can I express myself in French"  :wink:and also a mix between Brian competitor and Yuzu with a 30-year gap: c https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVDTIcdkk0  and this is :2thumbs up:

42 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

: I am okay: with that and I just found a quote: "I developed my own way of working which is a little different from the others, and Yuzu adhered to my technique" and have seen the result  :puddingpooh:  and here is this link which is fresh on Yuzu (you will do the translation better than me  :wink2:) and I would be like Yuzu: "can I express myself in French"  :wink:and also a mix between Brian competitor and Yuzu with a 30-year gap: c https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVDTIcdkk0  and this is :2thumbs up:

Savage

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

I will also comment here, because baby fanyus need to know. Make no mistake, this is not a simple “own” against a fandom, this is what they’ve been doing for the last 10 years in their attempt to diminish Yuzu himself. His accomplishments and popularity are categorized as fruits of a lunatic group of people, criticism against ISU and corruption in judging is dismissed as crazy fanyu behavior, his own standing in the sport is put into question bc “his fandom is crazy”. There’s no reasonable way to address this. 

Spoiler

I say all of this bc there’s still a belief out there that we should be in our best behavior always (we do, but for ourselves), but it doesn’t matter. I’m yet to see a pro american acc comment abt the awfulness that we saw on the commemoration of 3.11, the vile comments we had to see, but hey, a fanyu was snarky abt it how terrible! It’s a whole narrative they’re building.

Be careful and aware when engaging with these people, they do not care that you behave properly, they absolutely detest Yuzu and his popularity, and they spout old guard prejudices that we thought the sport was leaving behind.
And they are always pro USA accs as well. They want to steer fs in a particular direction. The journalist I follow that are europeans seem to be the exact opposite, very pro Yuzu… 

Sorry adms, please feel free to delete this if it’s too negative for the thread, I wanted to insist on @Mary_kyo ‘s point. 

In positive news then. 
Anyone saw this: 

Nobu still has his jumps!! And it looks good! 
The lack of competition pressure seems to do wonders hehe

Hope he is on the FOI cast this year (can’t imagine him not going, but you know, just hope). 

1 hour ago, Xiupia said:

I will also comment here, because baby fanyus need to know. Make no mistake, this is not a simple “own” against a fandom, this is what they’ve been doing for the last 10 years in their attempt to diminish Yuzu himself. His accomplishments and popularity are categorized as fruits of a lunatic group of people, criticism against ISU and corruption in judging is dismissed as crazy fanyu behavior, his own standing in the sport is put into question bc “his fandom is crazy”. There’s no reasonable way to address this. 

Hide contents

I say all of this bc there’s still a belief out there that we should be in our best behavior always (we do, but for ourselves), but it doesn’t matter. I’m yet to see a pro american acc comment abt the awfulness that we saw on the commemoration of 3.11, the vile comments we had to see, but hey, a fanyu was snarky abt it how terrible! It’s a whole narrative they’re building.

Be careful and aware when engaging with these people, they do not care that you behave properly, they absolutely detest Yuzu and his popularity, and they spout old guard prejudices that we thought the sport was leaving behind.
And they are always pro USA accs as well. They want to steer fs in a particular direction. The journalist I follow that are europeans seem to be the exact opposite, very pro Yuzu… 

Sorry adms, please feel free to delete this if it’s too negative for the thread, I wanted to insist on @Mary_kyo ‘s point. 

In positive news then. 
Anyone saw this: 

Nobu still has his jumps!! And it looks good! 
The lack of competition pressure seems to do wonders hehe

Hope he is on the FOI cast this year (can’t imagine him not going, but you know, just hope). 

thanks for your post! it is enlightening and open my eyes to the reality. imo, it shouldn't be removed and all baby fanyus like me should read it :)

also the watch party today is great. I missed the first half hour but it's good! definitely learned a lot about 311 impact on yuzu's skating

2 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Thank you so much - this is all really very helpful. Coming to this as a new person I can only tell this does not make any sense at all. Not "fanyus" but the other fandoms look desperate in trying to redirect attention to their idols by all means, envying we're so many and not getting that even the 10th title the other skater is getting (I'm sure there is more for him) won't change our minds. It's not us who are hysterical here, but it looks like they are. Cause they can't explain this massive fandom that Yuzuru has. Which is purely because of his skating and personality and no one inflated this (unlike the scores for certain skaters).