General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, mambook said:

This was last year's article. I assume it's gone up with book royalties...

Reminder about 3.11 campaign starting tomorrow (JST)

It was. For some reasons it showed up on my TL so I thought it's new. 

My bad. Can you erase your response to my post?

On 3/4/2022 at 5:38 AM, Melodie said:

He really is going to ehehehe and ufufufufu his ways around FS from now on lol. But also, ehehehehe is trending lol

never going to trust him when he laughs like that again lmao

On 2022/3/9 at 午前11時49分, Norionriceさんが言いました:

So I just found out I’m moving to Japan next month. I’m really interested in getting tickets for fantasy on ice but I have no idea how to even get tickets. Could anyone help me out?

Have you got any information?  If they will take the same system as the one for NHK and Nationals, I think you will have to register at the E-ticket site beforehand, which is really complicated.  They will announce about a lottery for pre-order, not once probably.  This is to prevent re-sale of tickets, and I feel it is now easier for us, who actually want to go to the competition/show not for the purpose of profits, to get the ticket.  If you are thinking to go with somebody, that person will have to register as well.

https://fantasy-on-ice.com/

I'm trying to get the tickets for the one at Makuhari, which is near my home.

I'll inform you when the lottery information is released.

I heard accommodations at each cities are being booked already, and especially in Shizuoka, where the city to hold the show is not so big, it's already difficult to make reservations  :whiteflag:

23 hours ago, BonnieLou said:

Is it just me or does this Tweet seem to defeat the purpose of standing up for fanyus? How does mentioning other skaters programs or costumes help? Especially of all the Gala performers, singling out Yuzu's two juniors, at that. When I first saw the costume I was distressed for him....the black band between the shirt and shiny blue pants was so unkempt looking. I first thought it was the bottom edge of a poorly sewn shirt. Maybe it was black tights showing from underneath and could have been avoided with black pants in the costume. He is also so young, too, and to criticize him for perhaps mimicing a Yuzu costume.....other young skaters have been praised for doing it and it seems to show their love and respect for him. 

If I can say that I think I have followed Yuzuru enough to know what kind of person he is....I don't think I have seen him be anything but kind and gentle to others, and probably the most to his juniors.

I won't tackle this on Twitter. I am new and still feeling my way around, and felt safe bringing it to discuss here. Although I have declared myself a fanyu by being here, I have also seen and heard that some fanyus can be formidable when crossed. Just looking for some thoughts on why this got hundreds of positive responses (Likes)?? 

Just a bit of context for you since you mentioned you are a new fanyu. (Welcome!) Fans of other skaters will criticize Yuzu or fanyu behaviour, even when that "behaviour" is technical, such as pointing out other skaters' tech issues, but when fanyus stand up for Yuzu or for themselves, they are often hit back with "Yuzuru is so nice to everyone; he would be ashamed of your behaviour." This happens often on Twitter. Fanyus are held by the rest of the fandom to a higher standard than fans of any other skater, and many things are often blamed on us. I believe OP's tweet is in reference to this. Other people can comment how "rude" it is only talk about Yuzu, but fanyus are expected to keep any criticism about other skaters to themselves. It has been this way for many years now, and many fans are fed up with this double standard. It doesn't help the frustration when the other 2 skaters are JSF favourites and often generously scored for poor tech/components.

You yourself noted the same type of things - that Yuzu is so nice, so why would his fans do this. (I, for one, am nowhere near Yuzu's kindness, haha.) And you pointed out that OP is critcizing another skater, but no mention of others criticizing Yuzu's fans for "disrespect" even though there is nothing wrong with talking about one's favourite athletes. I am not trying to accuse you of anything! Merely pointing out why OP's tweet may have so many likes and providing some context why some older fans are so fed up.

38 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

Just a bit of context for you since you mentioned you are a new fanyu. (Welcome!) Fans of other skaters will criticize Yuzu or fanyu behaviour, even when that "behaviour" is technical, such as pointing out other skaters' tech issues, but when fanyus stand up for Yuzu or for themselves, they are often hit back with "Yuzuru is so nice to everyone; he would be ashamed of your behaviour." This happens often on Twitter. Fanyus are held by the rest of the fandom to a higher standard than fans of any other skater, and many things are often blamed on us. I believe OP's tweet is in reference to this. Other people can comment how "rude" it is only talk about Yuzu, but fanyus are expected to keep any criticism about other skaters to themselves. It has been this way for many years now, and many fans are fed up with this double standard. It doesn't help the frustration when the other 2 skaters are JSF favourites and often generously scored for poor tech/components.

You yourself noted the same type of things - that Yuzu is so nice, so why would his fans do this. (I, for one, am nowhere near Yuzu's kindness, haha.) And you pointed out that OP is critcizing another skater, but no mention of others criticizing Yuzu's fans for "disrespect" even though there is nothing wrong with talking about one's favourite athletes. I am not trying to accuse you of anything! Merely pointing out why OP's tweet may have so many likes and providing some context why some older fans are so fed up.

FS is a sport and no fans are required to treat each skater equally or scream for everyone in a competition. (Booing and defamation are bad behavior, of course.) But it is the judges' obligation to score every competitor fairly. If someone has an issue when certain skaters receive more love from the audience than others, he/she is in the wrong fandom.  

42 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Yuzu's mom... :lol:

Always the helpful Yuzu 

I never know how much to trust these accs, but I love them regardless, thank you for sharing 🥰

Despite everything, I hope the memories from Beijing are held dear to Yuzu and his family, his reception there was amazing. 
I’ve seen fanyus saying this is our rock bottom (in terms of heartbreak and frustration), but really, that amount of love was unprecedented (for a jpn athlete I think). Lucky it happened there?

Processing the end of this quad the best way I can here lol 

20 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

FS is a sport and no fans are required to treat each skater equally or scream for everyone in a competition. (Booing and defamation are bad behavior, of course.) But it is the judges' obligation to score every competitor fairly. If someone has an issue when certain skaters receive more love from the audience than others, he/she is in the wrong fandom.  

Exactly. Fans of other sports will literally laugh in our faces with how carefully fanyus tread when talking about FS. But even so, no matter how reasonable, as soon as a non-fan finds out we are fanyus, it's tossed aside as "those delusional fanyus again". So there's a lot of distaste when we experience this but other fans can say whatever they want about Yuzu.

@BonnieLou - I just thought of a little more context. Haha, sorry for all this, but I hope it helps you navigate! You mentioned you don't understand why they are criticizing the "seaweed" costume when others have also imitated Yuzu's costume and been praised. I suspect it has to do which one Kagiyama is imitating. The reference is Requiem, Yuzu's gala program in 2015-2016. Requiem is music composed for the 5-year anniversary of 3.11. Imitating this particular costume feels especially....distasteful to some fans when Kagiyama is not a survivor of 3.11. Notice that despite all these juniors skating to Yuzu's old music choices and imitating his costumes, none of them (that I know) have touched on his programs related to 3.11. So I'm not that surprised it drew criticism, to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Chitsuki said:

You mentioned you don't understand why they are criticizing the "seaweed" costume when others have also imitated Yuzu's costume and been praised. I suspect it has to do which one Kagiyama is imitating. The reference is Requiem, Yuzu's gala program in 2015-2016. Requiem is music composed for the 5-year anniversary of 3.11. Imitating this particular costume feels especially....distasteful to some fans when Kagiyama is not a survivor of 3.11. Notice that despite all these juniors skating to Yuzu's old music choices and imitating his costumes, none of them (that I know) have touched on his programs related to 3.11. So I'm not that surprised it drew criticism, to be honest. 

I don't know that anyone has consciously thought this out, but the distaste may be magnified even more because many fans believe one of the reasons JSF doesn't support Yuzu is because he's from Sendai. So to see a skater whom JSF does support imitate something that Yuzu feels deeply about that is also inextricably linked with why his fed has been so unsupportive feels especially tasteless and possibly hypocritical and manipulative.

Message from Ghislain to Yuzu. OP didn't provide source so unsure of its authenticity or where it's from, although context suggests it's from the same article as the interview.

Edit to add: per @Geo1, "This is from the same Figure Skating Life magazine article. It is not a message from Ghislain to Yuzu. It is simply his honest assessment, opinion and feelings about Yuzu."

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
4 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

Exactly. Fans of other sports will literally laugh in our faces with how carefully fanyus tread when talking about FS. But even so, no matter how reasonable, as soon as a non-fan finds out we are fanyus, it's tossed aside as "those delusional fanyus again". So there's a lot of distaste when we experience this but other fans can say whatever they want about Yuzu.

@BonnieLou - I just thought of a little more context. Haha, sorry for all this, but I hope it helps you navigate! You mentioned you don't understand why they are criticizing the "seaweed" costume when others have also imitated Yuzu's costume and been praised. I suspect it has to do which one Kagiyama is imitating. The reference is Requiem, Yuzu's gala program in 2015-2016. Requiem is music composed for the 5-year anniversary of 3.11. Imitating this particular costume feels especially....distasteful to some fans when Kagiyama is not a survivor of 3.11. Notice that despite all these juniors skating to Yuzu's old music choices and imitating his costumes, none of them (that I know) have touched on his programs related to 3.11. So I'm not that surprised it drew criticism, to be honest. 

Edit this since @SuzyQalready explained about the costume. 

I'm keeping what I found about the song (This is from Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt, yes?)

Ashita e was composed by Misia and Toshiaki Matsumoto sometimes between March 11 and April 1 2011 as a charity song. The earthquake left her feeling helpless and only about a week after that did she find motivation to resume touring. She decided to set up a relief campaign via the NGO Mudef, which Kagiyama is now an ambassador of. 

These are her own words: "Before resuming the tour, I put all my wishes together and wrote a song. I first sang this song in Hiroshima, the city of peace. Everyday, I hear about more people concerned for the future as they follow the coverage of events. I want to sing this song to lift up your spirits. Let's walk towards tomorrow together ... I wrote this song to convey this feeling."

Again, if not combining with the costume (which looks similar to Requiem's), it would have been less bothersome. But, taking the whole package together? Just not a good choice because everything feels mechanical and deliberate with hardly traceable sincerity, and it shows. Distasteful sounds about right.

27 minutes ago, cereus said:

Message from Ghislain to Yuzu. OP didn't provide source so unsure of its authenticity or where it's from, although context suggests it's from the same article as the interview.

This is from the same Figure Skating Life magazine article. It is not a message from Ghislain to Yuzu. It is simply his honest assessment, opinion and feelings about Yuzu.