General Yuzuru Chat

4 時間前, Anniさんが言いました:

Wow this height.:O
Here a another clip from a different perspective (how Melodie posted) :img_21:

[NEWS]

I love seeing his airy single jumps. Sometimes I hope he could skate a program with only huge singles in ice shows/gala. He probably would love to jump some triples/quads though lol.

20 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Well, there are some paid idiots who claim to be “experts” and never mentioned the hole in their analysis; Such as Asher (and his co) who laughed at his misfortune. Tbh, Most of western experts ignored the hole too, implying it was his own mistake. But nothing shocking about them, the shock is when his “closer than family” friend boldly say the hole was an “excuse”. Among western experts, I think only Kurt acknowledged the hole existence (also shocking cause Yuzu is not his fave "masculine" skater).

Kurt is an interesting case. He's one of the very few commentators who used to point out and praise hidden technical difficulties in Yuzu's programs that casual viewers usually don't recognize like

- the back counter entry into the 3A at Skate America 2012

- the expressive forward crossrolls in Seimei at NHK 2015

- his huge control during a backward lunge in Requiem etc.

These comments showed that Kurt DOES have a deep technical understanding of the sport and DOES respect Yuzu's skating abilities.

But then there were these moments when he let his guard down and showed his preference for macho skating. I think, Kurt really wanted to like Yuzu's programs, but those deep-rooted prejudices and stereotypes stopped him from jumping over his shadows.

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

Is this shared?

I smiled a little when I saw Miki also backed up the existence of the hole. You know, she was Javi's ex. ;) 

I wasn't sure so I see the video of Javier again... Javier talked about his right foot, while both Junko Yaniguma and Miki Ando talk about his left foot. And both use the video images to explain it.

To be a respected expert you must know how to set aside your personal preferences. Yeah, I know, that's complicated...

hace 48 minutos , Anabel said:

I wasn't sure so I see the video of Javier again... Javier talked about his right foot, while both Junko Yaniguma and Miki Ando talk about his left foot. And both use the video images to explain it.

To be a respected expert you must know how to set aside your personal preferences. Yeah, I know, that's complicated...

Well, I'm not going to spread negativity, and I don't want to beat a dead horse again, but sometimes...:yznotimpressed:

Spoiler

...when I think about Javi's issue, I remember "Hanlon's razor"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Because I can't begin to understand why did he say such things, what was the point of all of it

52 minutes ago, Anabel said:

because he rotates counterclockwise..so he need to take off from left back inside edge.. so, emm..i dont know..they are correct??

Sorry...

Spoiler
1 hour ago, ccy said:

because he rotates counterclockwise..so he need to take off from left back inside edge.. so, emm..i dont know..they are correct??

It's difficult for me to distinguish right and left. When I indicate a direction you have to pay attention to my hand and not to my words, so I have paid attention when I watched the video. And yes, they are right, it's the left that doesn't take off :) 

To compensate... One never get tired of seeing this wonder :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw: