General Yuzuru Chat

39 minutes ago, airi said:

Look, it's not gonna be the attempt to defend Ted Barton or anything, but I hardly see stating his opinion of landing widely recognized impossible jump as 'wanting Yuzuru to disappear'. I just don't see it as disregarding at all, on the contrary, I always heard Ted speak very highly of Yuzu. And honestly didn't ever see a reason it's dishonest.

Now, to be clear, I don't always agree with him, I don't always like the same skaters, I often roll my eyes at his comments, I still do recognize though what he did for junior skating to get on the map, as well as changing a culture of commentary, I mean, he didn't cover Jr Russian Nationals this year, but their commentators still kept quiet during the programs, maybe it wasn't because of Ted, but he used to be the only one to do that, so yay!

(my thoughts about Ambesi are actually even more complicated, despite being a big Yuzu fanboy, he did light a few red lights for me before...)

:shrug:

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Exactly! So dull was their wit :animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012:.

At least most JP journos understood the situation anyway :shrug:

Yeah, I read that translation provided. Good on the man answering..how stupid do you have to be to ask something that obvious? Sorry, but it was sooo clear that "journalist" wanted to cause a stir. He was definitely hoping the interviewee was as dumb as him to fall into that obvious "gotcha" question.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Hi everyone, may I ask for your advice about how to buy a Yuzu water bottle from ANA website (A-style)?

I don't have a Japanese address so I can't sign up to place an order. It seems that they don't provide oversea shipping, either. Is there any way that I can make such purchase outside of Japan?

If there're others that have encountered similar situation before, could you please give me some suggestions? Thank you so much!

Proxy service. Have it sent to a company in Japan that will forward it to you in turn. You will need to pay a service fee and the like, but barring that, unless you have a friend in the country: proxy service.

I had a friend who used Tenso.com

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

These are all six Lotte full page ads and the translation of the captions.

It's great to see such support for Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

[NEWS]

I love these messages of support :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg: Lotte may suck at the giving him costumes, but they hit it right with this one! Their copywriter should get a raise.

I hope that Yuzu one day feels that his efforts were not in vain and that while they may not have borne the exact results he was expecting, they surely have manifested in other ways that cannot be measured by scores and medals but are much more valuable in the long run.

Years later, most people will forget who won the 2022 Olympics, but people will always remember how your skating made them feel :heart:

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Hi everyone, may I ask for your advice about how to buy a Yuzu water bottle from ANA website (A-style)?

I don't have a Japanese address so I can't sign up to place an order. It seems that they don't provide oversea shipping, either. Is there any way that I can make such purchase outside of Japan?

If there're others that have encountered similar situation before, could you please give me some suggestions? Thank you so much!

If they accept foreign credit cards, but require a Japanese address, you can use a forwarding service. Tenso is a popular one that many use.

If they don't accept foreign credit cards, then you need to use a proxy shopping service. They will purchase the item for you and ship it to you for a fee. You can use Buyee, which is the proxy service associated with Tenso. There is a link to them from the Tenso site. I've used them previously. There are other proxy shopping services and some are cheaper, so you can compare services depending on what you're buying. I've also used ZenMarket.

Also, welcome to the Planet! :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

38 minutes ago, Kat said:

:LOL::LOL:one does not "replace" a King with a puppet. Good luck to them trying, hope they choke on their own rage when it fails

Reveal hidden contents

Yuma, currently

Spoiler

I actually like yuma. it's unfortunate that the politics has to drag in all the skaters into this mess and changing skating techniques for the worse. already I see people framing ilia and yuma as the next Nathan and yuzuru.. like what? create another stupid rivalry when both nc and yuzuru have not even retired? 

ahh Lotte! bless them for their support. is this the same Lotte as the Korean company?

30 minutes ago, meowmeownyan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I actually like yuma. it's unfortunate that the politics has to drag in all the skaters into this mess and changing skating techniques for the worse. already I see people framing ilia and yuma as the next Nathan and yuzuru.. like what? create another stupid rivalry when both nc and yuzuru have not even retired? 

ahh Lotte! bless them for their support. is this the same Lotte as the Korean company?

Yes.

Guest BonnieLou

I'm a newbie here. I guess during the Olympics you have gathered new members, either totally new to Yuzuru, or who had been lurking here (me). I wonder if you have considered a separate forum discussion on "Testimonials" to finding Yuzuru and/or Planethanyu? I find stories interspersed in this general chat and it is easy to see older members with a lot of history and knowledge. I know the site somehow dates newbies.....but putting the actual event or year in a story might be a fun read. I thought about it today as I had another epiphany moment in my life that connected me to thoughts and strengths I have gained from being a fan of Yuzuru. But I am too embarrassed to bare my soul here among other busy conversations. And I am not a facilitator, if one of you older members agree and might start it? Or if there is such a forum discussion already here and I haven't seen it? Thanks!