General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, Ulrinis said:

Exactly. First I thought: How does he have the power not to yell his anger out (like I would have) or cut the media short with a bitter expression on his face or get cynical or whatever you have seen with other athletes not seeing their dreams come true plus having been treated unfair. It cannot be appreciated enough how Yuzu kept bringing us joy by practicing so many of his programs, repairing the ice, interacting cheerfully with other skaters and Bing Dwen Dwen, politely answering media questions and greeting everyone around him with respect. We KNOW he would have easily got a medal, even after the unlucky incident with the hole during SP, and, I’m convinced, even with the fall on the Salchow during FP, if he hadn’t stayed true to his real aim and given birth to 4A on the biggest possible stage. Let that sink in. And, like last Olympics, he performed with an injury again! (Just to shut those ignorant SNS users up who keep insisting Yuzu  only won gold back then because others made mistakes.) NEVER had I imagined him being able of such an incredible success as he achieved in Beijing. As autumn was approaching I rubbed my eyes becoming aware that almost 4 years have past and Yuzu was still at the top and working on improvement! Has this ever happened? I remember Brian Orser saying around 2018 Olympics (don’t know exactly in which interview) that after one of Yuzu’s big successes “there was a little dip”. (Maybe veteran fanyus know which interview I mean.) When was there a little dip this time? Obviously Yuzu considered silver or bronze a little dip. A 4th place with an unprecedented try of an almost impossible jump. Like Robert Schumann who was obsessed with making his ring fingers more flexible for being able to play the piano even better. And with an injury. And with unfair judgment. Somehow this makes me not only hope, but BELIEVE Yuzu will not be impressed by NC being hyped and overstored and fanyus being accused of defending a declining star. Because he just isn’t. He has overcome being rewarded. But he will always be rewarded by the love and support of his fans.

Hi, I am new to this forum. Your words really touch my heart

hace 58 minutos , Ulrinis said:

Exactly. First I thought: How does he have the power not to yell his anger out (like I would have) or cut the media short with a bitter expression on his face or get cynical or whatever you have seen with other athletes not seeing their dreams come true plus having been treated unfair. It cannot be appreciated enough how Yuzu kept bringing us joy by practicing so many of his programs, repairing the ice, interacting cheerfully with other skaters and Bing Dwen Dwen, politely answering media questions and greeting everyone around him with respect. We KNOW he would have easily got a medal, even after the unlucky incident with the hole during SP, and, I’m convinced, even with the fall on the Salchow during FP, if he hadn’t stayed true to his real aim and given birth to 4A on the biggest possible stage. Let that sink in. And, like last Olympics, he performed with an injury again! (Just to shut those ignorant SNS users up who keep insisting Yuzu  only won gold back then because others made mistakes.) NEVER had I imagined him being able of such an incredible success as he achieved in Beijing. As autumn was approaching I rubbed my eyes becoming aware that almost 4 years have past and Yuzu was still at the top and working on improvement! Has this ever happened? I remember Brian Orser saying around 2018 Olympics (don’t know exactly in which interview) that after one of Yuzu’s big successes “there was a little dip”. (Maybe veteran fanyus know which interview I mean.) When was there a little dip this time? Obviously Yuzu considered silver or bronze a little dip. A 4th place with an unprecedented try of an almost impossible jump. Like Robert Schumann who was obsessed with making his ring fingers more flexible for being able to play the piano even better. And with an injury. And with unfair judgment. Somehow this makes me not only hope, but BELIEVE Yuzu will not be impressed by NC being hyped and overstored and fanyus being accused of defending a declining star. Because he just isn’t. He has overcome being rewarded. But he will always be rewarded by the love and support of his fans.

After the Olympics, "Yuzuru Hanyu" was Trending Topic on Twitter in a lot of countries. Even in Spain, where figure skating isn't the most popular of sports.

1 hour ago, Ulrinis said:

I've heard/read more than once that Yuzu won in PC because of other people's mistakes, but couldn't that also mean that Nathan won in Beijing because of Yuzu's "mistakes"? :hihi:

7 hours ago, Kat said:

How do you adjust it?! Omg! Am I an idiot? It's unusable for me right now lol! Like. I cant even be mad, i"m just laughing

There must be a way to adjust the strap with watches of this class and price point. If it's a metal strap, it's usually adjusted by taking off one or a few of the links/pieces of the strap (I don't know what they're called). You should take the watch to a jewelry/watch shop and ask them to adjust it for you. They should have specialized tools and skills for taking off the links. Good luck! :fingerscrossed:

10 hours ago, Melodie said:

It is not like he doesn't get help. He has been exchanging videos and emails with his team these whole two years, yes? He obviously has been consulting Mishin and that is surely done online as well. Even his choreos are via Dropbox. 

As for him being alone on screen at the Olys, that was his choice. Backstage he did interact with his team, yes? For Mishin too, all we saw were a nod and a gesture. And if they chatted with each other in some ways thruout the Olys, we have no way to know.

Ultimately, he figures out the 4A physically on his own but he does receive advice and support from afar. 

I dont know if you were refuting my words or adding comments, cause I didnt say any of those things .

I didnt say he didnt get help, or that he was in no talking terms with coaches or that he didnt recieve any advice.

8 minutes ago, Crow said:

I dont know if you were refuting my words or adding comments, cause I didnt say any of those things .

I didnt say he didnt get help, or that he was in no talking terms with coaches or that he didnt recieve any advice.

I kinda thought you were insinuating those stuff reading your post so I was actually making an argument. If you didn't mean so then obviously I misunderstood you. I apologize for that. 

51 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I kinda thought you were insinuating those stuff reading your post so I was actually making an argument. If you didn't mean so then obviously I misunderstood you. I apologize for that. 

there was a debate of weather he would return to TCC and some were saying he was beyond the place now or that he was mostly training alone in Sendai and he seemed fine etc . not responding to a single person but to a number of post, and I was saying I think that if possible he would enrich on having a coach with him no matter how great he is. but I was also conceding the point he may want new teachers in the future only he knows :shrug:

and when I said he showing up alone was significant I meant it probably was a conscious choice, and not due to not being on speaking terms with TCC, as I explained on my post I think it was his decision to pursue the 4A on the Olympic ice and maybe he wanted to take them 'burden ' of opinions , critiques etc on his own if things didn't go right or if they went well he also deserved full credit for a jump he mostly did on his own, he wasn't coached into it 

1 hour ago, Crow said:

there was a debate of weather he would return to TCC and some were saying he was beyond the place now or that he was mostly training alone in Sendai and he seemed fine etc . not responding to a single person but to a number of post, and I was saying I think that if possible he would enrich on having a coach with him no matter how great he is. but I was also conceding the point he may want new teachers in the future only he knows :shrug:

and when I said he showing up alone was significant I meant it probably was a conscious choice, and not due to not being on speaking terms with TCC, as I explained on my post I think it was his decision to pursue the 4A on the Olympic ice and maybe he wanted to take them 'burden ' of opinions , critiques etc on his own if things didn't go right or if they went well he also deserved full credit for a jump he mostly did on his own, he wasn't coached into it 

actually he DID say he want to stay in sendai.. it his hometown afterall..but it's difficult for him because he's alone..at TCC he has all the support he need. He surely knows what best for him and we should respect whatever decision he make and keep supporting him.

I'm new member here..I hope people in here dont get involve or create unnecessary drama  (like JF drama) and talk about unnecessary things that does not concern us at all and definitely dont give any beneficial to yuzu. i dont have any social media but i still can read what people comment about him( i'm sure he can too) on twitter and it's getting weird everyday..on YouTube even worse..

btw~~ hi to all of you^^ and sorry for my bad english 🤭

This is such a relatable issue I believe pretty much every person struggles with in their life. Often, you don't get rewarded for your efforts and no matter what you do and how hard you work, your efforts seem futile and fruitless. I've had many of these experiences in my own life. If you've put your all into achieving a goal and it doesn't work out for whatever reason, it's such a disappointment. You feel defeated, helpless, and powerless. It even feels like the whole world is against you. At least, that's what I felt during my own experiences.

On top of his personal struggles, Yuzu also had to deal with the immense pressure and expectations not only from himself, but also from his entire country, and even the whole world. I admire him so much for handling every challenge and obstacle from the outside world with so much strength and grace.

Even though Yuzu's efforts were not rewarded directly with a medal or the clean landing of his 4A, they were certainly not in vain. Yuzu has inspired so many people and gained many new fans and admirers. He rediscovered his love for skating and performing and showed the whole world what figure skating can look like. I hope that one day, he'll be able to look back and realize that in hindsight, everything makes sense and his rewards may not have been obvious, but will be more profound and meaningful. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

[NEWS]