General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Lol! I could see that. The hair was styled really well, but sorry not sorry :10814716:(lol!) I still gravitate to Origin 2.0. I find brighter colors compliment him, but hey, more Origin 1.0 for you 😄

I always find the Origin 1.0 neckline to look ... unresolved to me. Like there's all this drama in the rest but the collar just ends up looking like a t-shirt because the designer couldn't figure out what else to do there. It just cheapens the rest of the look for me. But besides that I loved the rest of it (but I love 2.0 way more)

53 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

I always find the Origin 1.0 neckline to look ... unresolved to me. Like there's all this drama in the rest but the collar just ends up looking like a t-shirt because the designer couldn't figure out what else to do there. It just cheapens the rest of the look for me. But besides that I loved the rest of it (but I love 2.0 way more)

I am in total agreement with you on the neckline. I'd have to revisit some performances of 2.0 (what a pity, I know lol), because I think the collar was similar on that updated version as well.

4 minutes ago, Kat said:

I am in total agreement with you on the neckline. I'd have to revisit some performances of 2.0 (what a pity, I know lol), because I think the collar was similar on that updated version as well.

Looking at his costumes, me thinks Yuzu love his deep V collar lol

Hi guys, 

we are not equipped to moderate discussions about global politics which is why we have a rule to not discuss politics on the Planet. That is not to diminish the suffering caused by world politicians and governments. We just are not knowledgeable enough to give such discussions a platform. I hope you guys understand.

For transparency: I have just hidden two posts in this thread for that reason. 

You can read about our posting rules and guidelines over here:

17 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

... yuck

:wave:  ALL the fanyus: I haven't "come back" from Javi's adventure yet and you write "boeurk" why? SVP and I read his apologies (good enough slowly to understand) but are they sincere? it's easy to hide behind a writing!!!!! and since everyone here knows that I don't have any social networks (like Yuzu) and I only knew about this "story" here on this planet and, therefore, he would clean up everything that is negative about him and Brian: but what does Brian have to do in this mess? :dry:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVDTIcdkk0 And yet, we ALL saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-NDG5mLPw   : the friendliest in the world : so what to think about that? and there, :shrug: 

13 hours ago, Lynn487 said:

A bit random, but what's everyone's favorite composition to review? My comfort competition is Skate Canada 2019:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw : :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg :

Suggestions would be appreciated! I've been a bit depressed and would love to watch compositions from happier times :-)

: YuzuPoohLove:

Ahhhhhh I would say his worlds in 2012 and his determination and his joy to be :peek:bronze

The photographer understood :sad-smiley-046:

Some of the English text of the subsequent tweets (tweets also include additional comment and the original Japanese):

devotion to the 4A can be seen" and edited carefully, barely made the deadline. Later, at TV Tokyo's interview aired just before the gala on 2/20, #Yuzuruhanyu said as follows when he was asked about his Quad Axel; I think it was really, good. Even after I fell, I made a landing pose, that is what I think is extremely  important, within myself. For me, I felt that until that landing pose was 4A. Yes. Like, naturally, I was doing that (landing pose.)

Hitoshi Kurasawa: There was a sequence photo taken by Kaizuka-san, that published in the 2/11th morning edition of the Mainichi Newspapers. When I saw the photos there, I felt that he was particular about this sequence photo. I would like to ask Kaizuka-san about that.

Kurasawa: When you look at our sequence photo, you can see that we have included the poses of the Hanyu after he gets up.(Tatsuya Haga: That's right! Yes, I was surprised too. I've never seen that before. ) I'd like to know what you were thinking while you were taking those Kurasawa: photos, Kaizuka-San.

Haga: Ooh, I want to hear it too. Well, please do.

Taichi Kaizuka: Well, I had a hard time deciding about it, or, that was a very difficult situation, & of course, he challenged quadruple and a half jump, & I took those photos, & captured all the expressions at the end. I read Kurasawa-san's article too, and moved by that expression he had when he looked above to the heaven for 6 seconds. Then, I selected all the photo,&take them out in a row. Then, the 1st thing to do, is to send photos for sequence photo, to head office. At that time, of course, I had only sent photos, up until he fell down. After I sent them, I was informed that they were going to make a sequence photo with my photos, and then I moved to the speed skating venue. (Oh, since you are busy.) 

Kaizuka: As I looked at the images I had made (sequence photo), I looked back at all the photos again, and then later, in my image, I thought he had made the landing pose. Then, when I confirmed & saw it again with my own photo, actually I was tremendously moved.(Ohhhh)

I felt so strongly of Hanyu-Senshu's thoughts and feelings of him for making that landing pose,&for his devotion for the quadruple & a half jump, so I made a phone call right away. It was snowing that day,&the deadline for the paper was early.(That's right!The deadline was early!) In about half an hour (yes,yes), I sent out about 15 more photos (Ohhhh!)&pushed them to remake the sequence photo. (Lol) 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, cereus said:

The photographer understood :sad-smiley-046:

Some of the English text of the subsequent tweets (tweets also include additional comment and the original Japanese):

devotion to the 4A can be seen" and edited carefully, barely made the deadline. Later, at TV Tokyo's interview aired just before the gala on 2/20, #Yuzuruhanyu said as follows when he was asked about his Quad Axel; I think it was really, good. Even after I fell, I made a landing pose, that is what I think is extremely  important, within myself. For me, I felt that until that landing pose was 4A. Yes. Like, naturally, I was doing that (landing pose.)

Hitoshi Kurasawa: There was a sequence photo taken by Kaizuka-san, that published in the 2/11th morning edition of the Mainichi Newspapers. When I saw the photos there, I felt that he was particular about this sequence photo. I would like to ask Kaizuka-san about that.

Kurasawa: When you look at our sequence photo, you can see that we have included the poses of the Hanyu after he gets up.(Tatsuya Haga: That's right! Yes, I was surprised too. I've never seen that before. ) I'd like to know what you were thinking while you were taking those Kurasawa: photos, Kaizuka-San.

Haga: Ooh, I want to hear it too. Well, please do.

Taichi Kaizuka: Well, I had a hard time deciding about it, or, that was a very difficult situation, & of course, he challenged quadruple and a half jump, & I took those photos, & captured all the expressions at the end. I read Kurasawa-san's article too, and moved by that expression he had when he looked above to the heaven for 6 seconds. Then, I selected all the photo,&take them out in a row. Then, the 1st thing to do, is to send photos for sequence photo, to head office. At that time, of course, I had only sent photos, up until he fell down. After I sent them, I was informed that they were going to make a sequence photo with my photos, and then I moved to the speed skating venue. (Oh, since you are busy.) 

Kaizuka: As I looked at the images I had made (sequence photo), I looked back at all the photos again, and then later, in my image, I thought he had made the landing pose. Then, when I confirmed & saw it again with my own photo, actually I was tremendously moved.(Ohhhh)

I felt so strongly of Hanyu-Senshu's thoughts and feelings of him for making that landing pose,&for his devotion for the quadruple & a half jump, so I made a phone call right away. It was snowing that day,&the deadline for the paper was early.(That's right!The deadline was early!) In about half an hour (yes,yes), I sent out about 15 more photos (Ohhhh!)&pushed them to remake the sequence photo. (Lol) 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

A big thank you to all satellites for sharing all the contents on this forum since the start of the Oly. I've been kept away for 2 weeks and there's so much to catch up. It moves me to tears to read the dedication and professionalism of these photographers (to think they turned up at the venue at 3am to take up best position for the photo shoot) and how they are in turn moved by Yuzu's commitment to 4A. When they mentioned "The latest technology can't keep up with Hanyu's performance....Since his rotational speed is amazing, you know.", I'm once again reminded of what a monstrous jump 4A is and how grossly undervalued it is.

***** Sorry if this is totally out of the conversation, I sitll didn't read all the tread... You guys write a lot lol******

Here a Spanish one giving my opinion on what Javi said and as an answer of Hanmgse's comment (clarification: I didn't feel offended or anything like that :) ) You can ignore this if you are already tired of the topic :roll:

Spoiler

On 2/22/2022 at 7:25 AM, Hanmgse said:

This is just from my very personal experience but when I lived in Spain I felt like spanish people can be very blunt but not in a mean way, they just say what they think. I know I'm generalizing and entire country, so that's why I say it's from my personal experience. I felt this as well when I was in college and a spanish dude came to study for one semester. He was veery honest about everything so my classmates felt he was kinda rude but I felt he was genuinely just giving his honest opinions again without malice. He even told me he didn't understand why people didn't like him lol.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is that I don't think Javi wanted to insult Yuzuru per se, but I do think it was unprofessional to not dig further on what happened on the ice because his comment (even with the boot and all lol) felt kinda rushed so I understand why people are disappointed. I never really cared about Javi so I feel I'm not biased, this is my honest take.

I'm proud to be a direct person (not all Spaniards are) but one thing is to be direct and another to be rude. Javier was definitely rude. I can understand that he could have his own opinion about what happened on the ice, but the way he said it, the tone of his voice and his total disinterest in supporting his theory wiht the viedo images (which would have been easy to do with today's technology) it subtract any credit.
As I said before, for me it's not a question of whether they were friends or not (I really don't care about it) but I expected a minimum of objectivity from an ex-skater. The exposition of his theory could have been done by my 7-year-old nephew who has just started learning to in-line skate and it would have sounded more convincing and less offensive. But as we say in Spain "There is no greater contempt than not to appreciate"

And on the question of why Yuzu is so hated by JSF, ISU, etc, we have another saying "The nail that sticks out takes all the punches"

If something sounds strange it's because I'm not good at english... Sorry :)