General Yuzuru Chat

45 minutes ago, cereus said:

I wonder what happens to all these posters and displays when they're taken down and replaced by new ones.

@ Yuzuangel , You can ask the replacer who does the work if you can have it. Often it's paper that is going to be recycled. You can write to institution, or company, whatever place or people that have initiated the production and exposure of these posters, or the company for whom the replacer is working and ask if you can have one. You will get much more work done if you succeed getting it. :winky:

4 hours ago, gapil27 said:

*gasp* how dare you!
Origin 1.0 and 2.0 are my favs lol

4 hours ago, Kat said:

Origin 2.0 was a bomb. But 1.0 with the black, gold and almost copper tones...it all blended together and the black really seemed to overwhelm and drown out the gold.

Origin 1.0 is my fav costume of all times :D so sexy (sorry not sorry), he looks like a dark prince of ice ready to destroy the world of figure skating (where is the lie though) + the hair he does for this look... I still remember fans reaction when he revealed this costume at ACI 2018.

6 hours ago, HiskeVeronicaMaria said:

[Admin edit: Due to our rule concerning politics we have redacted this comment.]

6 hours ago, avelingese said:

[Admin edit: Due to our rule concerning politics we have redacted this comment.]

I'm sure everyone has concern of this situation but I believe there is rule in this forum not to discuss politics but we can always discuss your worries over at the other sub-forum https://planethanyu.com/forum/6-space-junk-everything-else/ without delving too much into politics? 

5 hours ago, lajoitko said:

[NEWS]

Why do I find my birth-month looks kind of sinister? Kind of reflect my mood towards anything and everything now :lol:

2 hours ago, avelingese said:

Origin 1.0 is my fav costume of all times :D so sexy (sorry not sorry), he looks like a dark prince of ice ready to destroy the world of figure skating (where is the lie though) + the hair he does for this look... I still remember fans reaction when he revealed this costume at ACI 2018.

Lol! I could see that. The hair was styled really well, but sorry not sorry :10814716:(lol!) I still gravitate to Origin 2.0. I find brighter colors compliment him, but hey, more Origin 1.0 for you 😄

6 hours ago, Antheia said:

https://skatingscores.com/2122/oly/sr/men/panel/

Do anyone know how ISU chooses judges?

i just find a website showing the judges of Olympics. And i search the judges up, and shockingly, like most of them are not figure skaters. So, i am curious how the isu chooses judges, like if they dont even play the sports, how do they know the sports deep enough that they can judge fairly?

(does this mean if I know the rules, and I don't even know how to skate in real life, I can become a judge in the future?) 🤣😥

This is a bit OT, but I feel the need to share my opinion about this:

My general conviction is: you do not need to be a former competitive athlete of the respective sport to be a good judge if the rules and guidelines are precise and clear.

In snooker for example most of the referees have never played competitively themselves, but are 100% reliable, professional and highly respected in their job. They know the full set of rules, are familiar and trained with the use of the Hawk Eye and other modern measurement tools and have loads of experience.

In figure skating, you do not need to be able to perform a quad jump yourself to judge the quality of a quad. You have the GOE bullets, the IceScope data and other quads for reference. That must be enough to determine the correct GOE.

These are the mandatory requirements for proper figure skating judging:

• know the full set of rules (TP handbook, GOE scoring guidelines, scale of values, program component chart and the deduction table)
  • be able to recognize and distinguish all elements, steps and turns in realtime
  • update youself about latest FS data as reference numbers/base lines (i.e. average jump height or number of crossovers in a SP)
  • know all types of classical, standard, latin and modern dance styles with their full set of rules for steps and posture (ideally study folk dances too)
  • have a basic education in music theory (especially time signatures and musical phrasing)
  • have a very good feeling for musical timing/rhythm, tone length, tempo, volume/intensity and melody

All these skills and knowledge can and must be tested regularly by the ISU with theory exams and practical exercises.

If a judge can't distinguish a stationary lift from a pair spin, doesn't know the scoring guidelines for a 2-footed jump landing or totally messes up the clapping to a simple rhythm... this judge better shouldn't sit on the panel.

You may laugh about the latter, but really: a judge who has 0 feeling for musical timing or rhythm, shouldn't judge my precision of the musical translation.

8 hours ago, Lynn487 said:

A bit random, but what's everyone's favorite comp to re-watch? My comfort comp is Skate Canada 2019 :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Suggestions would be appreciated! I've been a bit down and would like to watch some comps from happier times :-)

:YuzuPoohLove:

Not a comp, but I want to add the Koi dance with Nobu, Satoko and Keiji.  I never get tired of that one.

17 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Proposals for ISU congress:

"Decrease components to only 3 categories - skating technique, composition and presentation"

Goodbye transitions, Hello empty programs. RIP FS. It's not that PCS was anything other than Political Corruption Scoring. Anyway, I wonder what Yuzu thinks about this very beautiful proposal pointing the gun directly to the head of FS and if it might affect his decision for continuing.  

This is bad. Instead of going into more objective side they choose subjective topics. I see no hope in fs