General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

Javi has perpetual foot in mouth disease and Orser steps into help? I love Brian, I do, but talk about the blind leading the blind.

Someone take away both of their phones.:facepalm: 

i remember reading about borser's drama with yuna :peekapooh:and i thought the tcc group would have the least drama out of all the skating camps...

2 minutes ago, Skrimblo_iced said:

i remember reading about borser's drama with yuna :peekapooh:and i thought the tcc group would have the least drama out of all the skating camps...

Nah. All rinks have some. When you are around that many egos-and I'm not being negative here, it's a fact-feathers get ruffled and sparks fly and blow over.

Can't get to their level without tenacity and ego.

5 hours ago, Xiupia said:

For the positivity:

Is everyone in agreement that he is skating better these days? His technique is much cleaner, very beautiful to watch. Also, bless this program and his muscle memories!

for the (very) negativity:

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure if is because I have been on kpop fandoms before and I’m a sports fan as well (FIA has been awful), but I’m more cynical than most abt the state of ISU and the way the US media has been behaving these days. I know some want to keep the hopes, but I can’t see any goodwill this post-olympic week. 
I noticed because of some narratives popping up here and there. 
The idea that NC is a trailblazer, fighting a system of preconceptions abt male skaters. Bringing athleticism to the sport, blabla. 
Pure bs; figure skating has always been quite gender conforming and guys like Yuzu stand out tremendously. 

The idea that his fans are out of control and don’t care abt the sport. That the western part of it might care about him only due fetishization. It diminishes his standing in the sport. 

The idea that Yuzu is very artistic and have been wronged by a system that now wants jumps - partially true, but he is still a jumper. Manufactured dichotomy on artist versus athlete.

I’m sorry for all, but this is literally the only place (plus tumblr) that I can write about it and receive pushback and some comforting from older fans. I haven’t been this frustrated post-Olys since Sochi (bc of Yuna lol). 

The only hope I have is that he is persistent, so are we, and his legacy stands by itself. 

Last thing about Javi, I’m actually more annoyed by the apology than anything else. If it was calculated it reflects very poorly on Yuzu and affects his future relationship with other skaters. If it was impulsive, it just shows he does not care enough to think it through. I was neutral about the drama, but the apology actually annoyed me lol 

I will try to not mention Javi anymore. 

Absolutely agree with you that he is skating better and better..in this one and all the other one's of his 'recital' after the competition on the 'private' rink, he skates as reborn. His skate is like the perfection and beauty of singer Dimash, who is in other field, but has it too; a healing force, a beauty from such a high level bringing in this world the glimpses,  remember us 

our true homes, it's heart touching and soul remembering, isn't it? I hope you like all this words for his splendid performing and do you agree with me, that when he is more improvising and 'working trough' programs or parts of it, it is even better then the official performances,  those that come under 'judgement'..    

Judgement and looking for selecting the best, for the need of ranking.. why? Counting, ranking, repetitive circles, machine-like activity of so called human brains-intelligence. If I see Yuzuru skate like this here, THAT is intelligence really working and doing useful service, really good, really blessing art. And he really tried to reach everyone with it. Bless you Yuzuru, you did well!

p.s. the program is to be blessed also..yes. The ending part is so beautiful..he tries to stand still in the end and there is his injured foot..he was doing this on injured foot , I would change perhaps the very last part,  not in standing position ending, but then I should see  and feel the whole program. It's His. It's Yuzurus'.

About Javi: To be neutral in it is nice. He apologizing and that again annoying.. it shows how much important it is to stay out of interviewrequests.  

19 minutes ago, Skrimblo_iced said:

Granted the drama type is different from the ones happening in other camps, but still, when it happens it can end up being an emotionally draining one anyway :/ :/ :/

41 minutes ago, Kat said:

Nah. All rinks have some. When you are around that many egos-and I'm not being negative here, it's a fact-feathers get ruffled and sparks fly and blow over.

Can't get to their level without tenacity and ego.

Also it must be a difficult transition from being a star and the center of attention... only to wake up one day as a coach and all anybody wants to hear from you is about your students.

I do get the feeling sometime that Orser resents that. Especially when it comes to Yuzu. 

The ego that drives one to personal success should be put aside in the service of teaching others and guiding them to their own success, but not everyone finds that an easy thing to do.

Just now, Lynn487 said:

A bit random, but what's everyone's favorite comp to re-watch? My comfort comp is Skate Canada 2019 :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Suggestions would be appreciated! I've been a bit down and would like to watch some comps from happier times :-)

:YuzuPoohLove:

Helsinki 2017 , Pyeongchang 2018 and 4cc 2020. These are def my top3 atm. 

10 hours ago, Lynn487 said:

A bit random, but what's everyone's favorite comp to re-watch? My comfort comp is Skate Canada 2019 :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Suggestions would be appreciated! I've been a bit down and would like to watch some comps from happier times :-)

:YuzuPoohLove:

I adore GPF ‘14 and how happy he was there, esp since it was sandwiched between two clusters of competitions and injuries. 

Then NHK ‘15 and GPF ‘15 back to back is metal how he delivered those record breaking programs 

Spoiler

Worlds ‘12, Oly’s ‘14 SP, NHK ‘15, GPF ‘15, Worlds ‘16 SP, all of 16-17 season to see his progression of the 4Lo and H&L journey to clean, ACi ‘17 SP, PC ‘18, GP Helsinki ‘18 (was it a dream or was I actually there :cri:), JNats ‘20 & ‘21 

hahaha should’ve just commented his full senior career. But I like watching them in order to see his progression. 

shoutout to lmey 3A in WTT and 4CC ‘17 for the pure yolo energy