General Yuzuru Chat

19 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

So my question is can I get clarity on if "certified" is actually a thing? I hadn't heard about it until these Olympics tbh...

Same.  I've only ever heard of skaters getting credit for landing the jump and it being ratified.  Rotation also seems to depend on generosity of the caller :giggle:    

45 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

So my question is can I get clarity on if "certified" is actually a thing? I hadn't heard about it until these Olympics tbh...

I think it were just Japanese media blowing it out of proportion, because hype about 4a is ENORMOUS since JNats 2020. Iirc Yomiuri first called it "first certified 4a". Or maybe it was nikkan? Whatever. "First certified 4a" is clicking and selling well.

It should be universally acknowledged that Yuzu's 3Axel is the best anyone's ever seen. And if it isn't, it should be.

Other candidates who have one with that ease? No one. Chiddy knows a good axel when he sees one...he was not that good at them, so i"m sure he studied them all for tips!!

It was Yuzu's axel that first made me stop and take notice, apart from everything else. I remember being stunned at how easy it was for him, even when he was 17. I knew then good things were coming... and this was before knowing all the behind scene work and devotion he put into his skating.

11 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I didn't know that Patrick already said in 2018 that Yuzu would be the first to jump a 4A in competition. He even called Yuzu's 3A the best he's ever seen. :knc_yuzu1:

Sometimes retirement yields good things. When you arent in constant competition, you can gain new perspectives and growth, which Patrick really seems to have done. Lol!

1 minute ago, Kat said:

Sometimes retirement yields good things. When you arent in constant competition, you can gain new perspectives and growth, which Patrick really seems to have done. Lol!

Retirement, wine, wifey, kiddo, real estate and nature all do wonder for the man LOL.

It must be hard to mature as a person when you spend most of your childhood and adolescence in the pressure cooker of any elite sport.  I’m glad that time has given him some perspective, and personal happiness.

Ya know, I took a few days off sm after the comp for rl only to come back to Javi's comments. Then I stepped away to let the hoopla calm down, only to come back to more Javi comments. That plan worked well😂

Spoiler

And I was willing to give Javi the benefit of the doubt, as in maybe his initial comments were made before he saw the photos of Yuzu literally sticking his hand in the huge gouge and so he maybe didn't know the situation? But then he's still doubling down?  :dontknow:

I did also wonder if it was a language problem, neither Yuzu or Javi being native English speakers and not understanding that "excuse" could be a loaded term but there's been time now for someone to clear things up for him. 

And why continue to comment ? He could have let it die down. Instead he gets more attention with non-apology. "bla bla bla" smh. You'd think he'd learn to consider his words more carefully after Sochi, but Javi is gonna Javi.

While I don't think he's at heart a bad guy, I also don't think he's media savvy which is unfortunate for someone looking to make a living in the public eye. 

And the stupid thing is if he'd just said " Well what do you know! There really was a hole. Oops, my bad. Sorry," I feel like people would forgive him, but he's letting his silly pride get in the way.

This is just all so, so dumb.

Hopefully Yuzu's is healing and relaxing peacefully in his hermit cave blissfully unaware of this nonsense. Actually, a return to hermit mode sounds lovely right about now. :smiley-scared005:

16 minutes ago, Skrimblo_iced said:

oh god this whole javi situation is so messy we now have borser in the comments section of That Post? ig it's unavoidable with the size that yuzu's fandom is--not everyone is going to want to be civil 

Javi has perpetual foot in mouth disease and Orser steps into help? I love Brian, I do, but talk about the blind leading the blind.

Someone take away both of their phones.:facepalm: