General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Fay said:

I must be the only person totally relaxed about Yuzu-Javi situation, just wish people wouldn’t react like that. 

No,  I agree with you. I posted a message a while back where I was trying to say that we should not make judgements when we don't know private details. I think sometimes people love Yuzu so much they feel the need to defend him more than might be required.

6 hours ago, Kat said:

I dont know. Maybe someone being petty or a trash article? It showed up on my phones news feed.

Im having trouble linking the article...i think though, since I cant find another to corroborate, it is probably a click bait one.

Title: FS body did not "recognize" figure skaters 4A At Beijing Winter Olympics"

This is the article referred to.

https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.322U4LD

38 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

LMAO, I said I was not going to mention it anymore, but someone on his team pleeeeeease take his phone away! Just tell him to log off! 

Oh, we need that salty + rant chat for sure :rofl3:

Jeez. Someone should really take his phone away. He's making things worse. Sometimes, shutting up and not engaging is the best thing you can do.

I also think we should not engage with any of this. Fernandez showed his true colors. The best way to handle this is to ignore the man and not give him even more attention.

And yes, a salty thread chat would be helpful. I'm in a fan community on Discord and we have a channel called the dead sea for salty posts. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, Harutolama said:

Before the arrival of NC I did not know that USF had that much power in ISU. Their ladies weren't strong for a while so I thought NC wouldn't be marked for his nationality, but I think around 2019 I started to notice things that were blatantly obvious. I think what broke this prejudice for me was 2019 GPF when I clearly look back at Yuzu landing the most perfect 4Lz and 4Lo in his free and landing most of his other jumps well but still lost. 

I am kind of shocked that NC is invited to all these late night talk shows all of a sudden it's like USF even has power on the US mass media, like not all gold medalists are invited to Jimmy Kimmel, but NC was. I am starting to finally realize that although figure skating is a minor sport, the power it has in US is different, and the I can tell that the US has been waiting for a men's champion for a long time, and now that they have finally got one, I can only imagine how much they will downplay Yuzu more so in the future. The more Yuzu continues skating, the more of a threat he is to their entire narrative. I think the next seasons that Yuzu continues skating will be even harder on Yuzu and on us because of this.

It's not shocking at all, it's called 15 minutes of fame. The Olympics hasn't even been over for a week lol. Adam and Mirai got invites to talk shows, Oscars, DWTS, etc.  Would have been more odd for it not to happen actually.  The true tell will be invites outside of this time, filling seats for ice shows, actually doing something to make skating relevant outside of every 4 years...  

This is the article referred to.

https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.322U4LD

So my question is can I get clarity on if "certified" is actually a thing? I hadn't heard about it until these Olympics tbh...

3 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

Edit: removed the twitter link because @Yuzurella already posted!

Pchiddy in infamous for having no filters, so this is really appreciated. He did say Yuzu was the one to land the 4A, back in 2018 right? 

Patrick is a great example of positive character development. He seems to be much more mature and at peace with the past. And from the last couple of comments he made, it seems like he has started to genuinely appreciate Yuzu and Yuzu's efforts.

Talking of comments, I have to reiterate again how extraordinary Yuzu is in every way, including the things he says and and the way he speaks. From a very young age on, he has always been polite, humble, respectful, tactful, and eloquent in his interviews and comments. But at the same time, he has always remained genuine and authentic. Especially considering how famous he is and how much scrutiny he is under, this is more than remarkable. :bow:

4 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

It's not shocking at all, it's called 15 minutes of fame. The Olympics hasn't even been over for a week lol. Adam and Mirai got invites to talk shows, Oscars, DWTS, etc.  Would have been more odd for it not to happen actually.  The true tell will be invites outside of this time, filling seats for ice shows, actually doing something to make skating relevant outside of every 4 years...  

yeah,,, I remember Rippon actually got to interview Cate Blanchett, which had me hissing in jealousy, yelling ‘you are NOT worthy!!!’ 😂