General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, YuDai said:

I don't know, based on his response it seems to me like he and Yuzuru aren't really in contact with each other.

Reveal hidden contents

"I've seen millions of jumps and take offs thought my career and my comments where netrual and without trying to hurt anyone." - Does it sound like he's talking about his close friend?  "if it was a hole on his take off" Surely he wouldn't still keep saying that if he had actually talked to Yuzuru? And even the apology at the end, I don't know, I wouldn't apologise to a friend in public like that. I definitely don't agree with people drowning his IG with hate comments, but since his explanation basically reiterated all the things he had previously said, it doesn't (unfortunately) change my image of him. However, since dragging on this drama will only hurt Yuzuru's image, I think it's probably best to just ignore Javier altogether.

Really? That's interesting. I don't think his Instagram post shows that much about their relationship.

I'm very new here obviously and haven't wished to discuss the Javi situation because I didn't feel I knew enough. But maybe we need to accept some responsibility in the whole thing though. Planet Hanyu is a huge fanbase and while I haven't looked at the stats I'm sure there's so many lurkers who feed from everything that is said even if they don't necessarily join or comment. Most of us were at the very least annoyed at Javi's comments - while I didn't comment on it I did feel very disappointed to hear it so I'm technically to blame too by the way - and I suppose we can also tend to be a bit overprotective of Yuzuru, because of how much we want him to be happy and how hard the last few years have been for him.

But maybe we have to accept that even with the "it's just my opinion disclaimer", which I myself use a lot, we have a responsibility whenever we post something that is potentially going to be read by lots of people. Who's to say that some of the people who sent abuse to Javi aren't people that read the pages and pages of discussions about it on here?

Now I'm not going to lie, I hated reading about what Javi had said. I thought, if I was Yuzu I would have a hard time forgiving that, no matter how Javi would justify it afterwards. But we also have to try and be reasonable and admit that the vast majority of us have once said something really shitty about a good friend, in the spur of the moment, sometimes even without realising it. The lucky thing for us is that most of us weren't on live TV when it happened, and it wasn't subsequently dissected by millions of people. I've never been either a fan or a hater or Javi so I hope this doesn't come across as biased. All I care about is how it's potentially affected Yuzu, and maybe their relationship if they still have regular interactions (who knows , only they do).

The last thing I want is for Yuzuru to be sad or embarassed, and there's a possibility that dissecting all of this did more harm than good to him. I know we all come from a place of utmost love and respect for him, and none of it was done on purpose. I apologise if anything offends anyone, as this really isn't the intention here. I myself feel very protective of Yuzu despite being a fresh Fanyu, but I realise that this attitude might not always be 100% healthy if it causes that kind of commotion.

Ultimately... I hope Javi and Yuzu talked about it and Yuzu is ok, because if that wasn't clear enough, that's pretty much my only concern :grouphug:

23 hours ago, HiskeVeronicaMaria said:

I wanted the Olympic Games to be canceled and to be reorganized again over several countries, thus working together in Olympic Spirit. I also had personal and spiritual reasons for not wanting the Olympics this time to be held in China. Never been able to forgive what they have done to people in Tibet when they so called needed to 'liberate Tibet". (No country that is not under a dictator or what so ever, just is happy with it's self and functioning beautiful, healthy and peaceful, wants to be 'liberated' by a force (a neighbor)  that wants it's bottom and sources and is on robbery path.. with lies, violence, a big army and lots of soldiers, manipulated and trained in atrocious actions beyond the baddest thoughts, and blinded to the extend to do actions every civilized or intelligent being would be ashamed about for ever). Around 1960.

After Tibet other regions were wanted by China.

Lately the grounds that belonged to the Oeigoer. There have been protests out of pain wanting to defend and fight for their own bottom, culture and existence as they were, without intervention from big neighbor China, but China would not change it's wants. And China did also not want any fighting back from Oeigoer people, as China in the past, in the same way raped non's and monks and destroyed monastery's and tortured every one who did not want to let go of own way of living, thinking, studying, identity and spiritual practice  in Tibet ( probably before you people, you guys were born, and maybe don't know about), now has mass 're-education programs' and so called schools, but in fact prisons and real organized enslavement 'kneading' people 'educating', a whole 'queer?' people, that should become Chinese and Chinese-minded, part of the harmony and wealthy majority, but from origin Oeigoer. Must I congratulate China in being successful in that? I don't want to be part of what hurts me.

Hitler in second world war wanted to extinguish jewish people and organized it and made people follow him in his perverse ideas and beliefs. When great leaders have stupid ideas it becomes big problem and huge difficult time to endure. Because they get so much power, anyone who does not want to agree or to surrender and accept these ideas, stupid or not, disgrace, or not, gets punishment. Is on a list to be extinguished.

Do animals do like that? Gods? I don't accept a God to be like that. So these leaders are not my Gods. These Presidents are not my Kings and Queens and not the good examples that I look up to, for to have a good example to copy in my shape of being a herd-animal... that's what we are after all, we human beings. Or not?

What is it that people think it's normal to take bile from a living bear? (BearBile'farms').. 

What is it that people think it's normal to steel an elephant baby from it's mother and torture it in being captivated and willingly mistreating by men for weeks to have nature and will been broken and enslave the kid-elephant to become 'working machine' for human beings. Is that smartness, or is that mean? Is that power and overpowering, or is that nobel and intelligence? Is having a heart so difficult for human beings? No, having a mind is difficult for human beings. They allow their hearts to be overpowered by their minds. True or not true?

I'm just saying how the next winter Olympics should be organized if they ever will be organized again.

Since de leader of russia wants to have big russia back and history rewritten, just like china does and also my country has done in the past: to try to have more possession and more bottom and more slaves and more 'food', and war is reintroduced almost within a week after olympic thought of equality and peace .. 

I am doing what I can to prevent another world war. 

And to support the lights and hearts that are essential to endure bad times. 

Why is she articulating this here, is it important, has it something to do with us and Yuzuru... Yuzuru has said: "I really want peace back on earth". Is she in his time, from the same planet perhaps? 

We all are from the same planet aren't we?

Regarding Javi:

Spoiler

At this point, I'm just really tired. If you look through my previous posts, I was incredibly disappointed in him and did not hold back in saying so. But now I'm just more embarrassed by the mob behavior than anything. Javi should have definitely locked the comments under his apology post and people should not keep fighting him about it. If this doesn't die down soon, this may even affect Yuzu's professional relationships. 

I don't know. This next part may sound like I'm gatekeeping, but as much as I love seeing Yuzu gain so many new fans, I feel that we've gotten to a point where the fandom is so large, diverse, and spread out through so many different platforms that it's difficult to control. It's absolutely lovely seeing the fandom come together from all over the world to support Yuzu and share stories, but the downside is...this.

However, I also feel that everything is likely magnified due to the Olympics. Many locals and trolls probably joined the bandwagon in bashing Javi under his posts. As it happens every four years, there'll be people who'll stay and a lot more who'll leave and hopefully, this will all just be a blip in our memories.

This is the last time I'll comment on this situation. Thanks for dealing with my salty ass, guys.

Regarding Yuzu's interview:

This month has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions, and after having been drained emotionally through rage, sadness, joy, and fear, all I'm left with is pure love and pride for Yuzu. I think out of all his accomplishments and accolades till now, this has been the moment that I have felt completely in awe of him and his devotion to the ice, and I hope that once he gets more time and rest, he, too, will feel truly proud of everything he did this Olympics. The joy and peace he exuded in his practices and his gala performance demonstrated just how much he loves skating, so all I have to say is that no matter what he decides to do, I'm reassured that the decision will be made according to what would make him fulfilled and happy, and frankly, that's all I care about.

Guest Mary_kyo
Spoiler

I don’t know what’s so shocking about a very huge fandom having few bad apples. Especially now, after Olympics, with many casual locals who still have the Yuzu/Javi memories in mind. But tbh going from “we are closer than brothers and family” to “it is an excuse” definitely triggers some teens/immature kids to comment. No one can stop such few people. Anyway, I see that both Javi and Brian are still as messy as before in PR game. Closing comment section fast and keeping low was the best solution but nah, they are as immature as those idiots by choosing to fight in the comment section. Doesn’t IMG has PR section? Or are they all busy with how to promote Nathan atm? Such a mess. 

For the positivity:

Is everyone in agreement that he is skating better these days? His technique is much cleaner, very beautiful to watch. Also, bless this program and his muscle memories!

for the (very) negativity:

Spoiler

Not sure if is because I have been on kpop fandoms before and I’m a sports fan as well (FIA has been awful), but I’m more cynical than most abt the state of ISU and the way the US media has been behaving these days. I know some want to keep the hopes, but I can’t see any goodwill this post-olympic week. 
I noticed because of some narratives popping up here and there. 
The idea that NC is a trailblazer, fighting a system of preconceptions abt male skaters. Bringing athleticism to the sport, blabla. 
Pure bs; figure skating has always been quite gender conforming and guys like Yuzu stand out tremendously. 

The idea that his fans are out of control and don’t care abt the sport. That the western part of it might care about him only due fetishization. It diminishes his standing in the sport. 

The idea that Yuzu is very artistic and have been wronged by a system that now wants jumps - partially true, but he is still a jumper. Manufactured dichotomy on artist versus athlete.

I’m sorry for all, but this is literally the only place (plus tumblr) that I can write about it and receive pushback and some comforting from older fans. I haven’t been this frustrated post-Olys since Sochi (bc of Yuna lol). 

The only hope I have is that he is persistent, so are we, and his legacy stands by itself. 

Last thing about Javi, I’m actually more annoyed by the apology than anything else. If it was calculated it reflects very poorly on Yuzu and affects his future relationship with other skaters. If it was impulsive, it just shows he does not care enough to think it through. I was neutral about the drama, but the apology actually annoyed me lol 

I will try to not mention Javi anymore. 

Guest Mary_kyo

Just a very rushed suggestion: can we have another separate thread for "salty rants" that is only available for the registered members? Keeping positive posts here but also another space so few of us might share our salty rants there without affecting the mood of the forum. 

5 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Just a very rushed suggestion: can we have another separate thread for "salty rants" that is only available for the registered members? Keeping positive posts here but also another space so few of us might share our salty rants there without affecting the mood of the forum. 

That sounds like a great idea!

It's too bad the situation with Javier escalated like this... Eh, this is what I was afraid the most, some rushed fans again making Yuzuru look bad on the social media... Sigh. I really hope it's just the end of it....

I just feel things like that are only making his fellow skaters more distant, always worried that they will get criticized by fans for making one step wrong around him. And that it makes him even more lonely... Even though it's not his fault at all.

Regarding Javi... massive amounts of negativity under spoiler below. You've been warned.

Spoiler

He's deleting any comments critical of him or Brian under his new post, but liked this one. I think that says it all. I'm done with him. The mask slipped. I hope Yuzu never sees this, but as big of a fiasco as it's become, of course he will. (And that he gets a new phone case, pronto.)

Please, everyone, just stay off Javi's IG. Everything we do as fans comes back to bite Yuzu. We go about our lives scot-free, he catches the blame.

ETA: Yeah, this is real. I saw it on the actual IG post before the tweets popped up. He unliked the comment after I initially posted this, but...

7 minutes ago, river said:

Regarding Javi... massive amounts of negativity under spoiler below. You've been warned.

Reveal hidden contents

He's deleting any comments critical of him or Brian under his new post, but liked this one. I think that says it all. I'm done with him. The mask slipped. I hope Yuzu never sees this, but as big of a fiasco as it's become, of course he will. (And that he gets a new phone case, pronto.)

Please, everyone, just stay off Javi's IG. Everything we do as fans comes back to bite Yuzu. We go about our lives scot-free, he catches the blame.

I didn't expect this to be honest :scratch2: