General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Thank you :) 

So it is worse :( 

This is just from my very personal experience but when I lived in Spain I felt like spanish people can be very blunt but not in a mean way, they just say what they think. I know I'm generalizing and entire country, so that's why I say it's from my personal experience. I felt this as well when I was in college and a spanish dude came to study for one semester. He was veery honest about everything so my classmates felt he was kinda rude but I felt he was genuinely just giving his honest opinions again without malice. He even told me he didn't understand why people didn't like him lol.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is that I don't think Javi wanted to insult Yuzuru per se, but I do think it was unprofessional to not dig further on what happened on the ice because his comment (even with the boot and all lol) felt kinda rushed so I understand why people are disappointed. I never really cared about Javi so I feel I'm not biased, this is my honest take.

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

I don't like Ando but that was more of a joke, similarly to how Yuzu and Nobu call themselves S&M. 

I phrased it awkwardly (just like Ando, irony at its finest lol), but just to drive the point they always pointed it out how much out of the group he is, “independent” and etc. It’s a common joke about his personality, I remember that there is a japanese term for it, is even a anime trope :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

This is just from my very personal experience but when I lived in Spain I felt like spanish people can be very blunt but not in a mean way, they just say what they think. I know I'm generalizing and entire country, so that's why I say it's from my personal experience. I felt this as well when I was in college and a spanish dude came to study for one semester. He was veery honest about everything so my classmates felt he was kinda rude but I felt he was genuinely just giving his honest opinions again without malice. He even told me he didn't understand why people didn't like him lol.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is that I don't think Javi wanted to insult Yuzuru per se, but I do think it was unprofessional to not dig further on what happened on the ice because his comment (even with the boot and all lol) felt kinda rushed so I understand why people are disappointed. I never really cared about Javi so I feel I'm not biased, this is my honest take.

Being blunt is one thing, saying wrong stuff is another. He can't just say that when the evidence was right there. I am not him so I don't know if that is intentional or just a cultural thing like you said, but the very least he could and should have done is to get it correct. 

Guest Mary_kyo

Javi was praising Nathan to the moon at first, mentioning he is a complete skater and then commented on Yuzu’s incident on ice as if it was his own take-off mistake. Also, there was no need to mention prices of the gifts. The more I know about it, the more it gets worse. Anyway, I’m happy Javi’s mask is finally down. I hope this info reaches Japanese fans as well. His comments actually came at the best time, the attention is now the highest ever and everyone will hear about it.

Good luck to Javi on his future ice-shows with Nathan and his supporters such as Scott, Boitano, Kurt, Yags and Maegan.

Good luck to Figure Skating too as Nathan’s empty skating is now the accepted trend among the whole Figure Skating community. Nathan and Anna are both Champions that ISU, FS and the community deserve.

Good luck to JSF too with Yuma as their it skater and their next generation of skaters. Let's see how the sport will evolve with the megastar out.

And I hope Yuzu decides for his future however he wants and not because of the pressure of the community that is forcing him to retirement.

1 hour ago, Hanmgse said:

Translation of what Javi said (from where he starts talking about yuzu, 1:20 first video)

I'm not a professional translator, sorry if something doesn't sound quite right in english

J: well Yuzuru Hanyu in the short program had in the beginning , his first jump a very big mistake. He was supposed to do a 4S but he popped it to a 1S

Other dude: We are gonna see this now, he makes the whole movement to gain inertia and when everyone thinks he is gonna do the quad  (video is playing) *here the commentator makes a sound* exactly.

J: There Yuzuru complained there was a hole. I don't think it was hole and directly think it was his foot, his right foot that at the moment of sliding, this is a  just a support foot *touching the boot* that we put on the ice just a few moments before jumping. If at this very moment your foot stays a bit behind, you arrive at the back part of the blade, it picks the ice and slows down completely your rotation. I think this is the true mistake that Yuzuru had. It's true there could be a surface inside the ice that might've disturbed him too but that's a game we all play. The ice is a surface that ,like in the ¿??, the snow is for everyone. If there is a hole it can affect you or another person. To me that's a problem but not an excuse, at the end the mistake is done, it's true it's a shame but I put it more on his jump entry mistake on this foot *ẗouches the boot* (lmao) than on the hole (So basically what I understand is he thinks the hole was there but that his mistake was more due his own take off than on the hole) 

Other dude: it's to be careful on the details. To be an olympic champion you need to check everything to the minimum detail. *Irrelevant chat with the other dude, the third dude just says he has worn skates once and felt it was very hard, etc*

Okay the part where they talk about the gifts:

* They show the photo of the letters Yuzu got* 

Dude 1: this is a pic about the thousands of letters that people have sent to the japanese. Please explain this fan phenomenon and if it's normal, or if it's only for him (the letters I think) or if other skaters receive them.

J: No, this is something totally for Yuzuru. It's a fan phenomenon he has in China and Japan. He is at the end a very famous and followed person. He has millions and millions of fans that follow him in, at times, a crazy way. We can see all the the things that he receives. I've seen a lot of these gifts in exhibitions (galas) where I'm with him and you can't imagine what (other people) gift him *lol at his expression here*. I'm talking about very expensive brands: shoes, t-shirts, things that can even cost 600/700 euros per gift. 

Dude: and does he answer any letter?

J: No because imagine the quantity, you just saw *referencing the letters pic* 

Dude: or does he pick one randomly, is there a way?

J: No I don't think so, at the end the level (quantity of the letters) it reaches is very extensive to answer because if you answer to one you need to answer all of them

Thank you for translation. So not only his bad comments about hole, but critizes his fans. Sorry but for me it sounds like it.

I know it was mention here several times and I am sorry for repeating but I cannot understand this. 

JSF, ISU and whole FS will feel in negative way when Yuzu will retire. Just look at Brian Orser his "stardom" is very different than 4 years ago.

It makes me really very sad. Ok, nobody forces JSF, ISU etc. to be fan of Yuzu but decent behavior should be norm. Not this 😟

I don't think Javi meant to criticize Yuzu's fans? I take it that he was trying to explain how big a superstar Yuzu is to receive mountain of gifts, and expensive ones. I don't really care for the need to describe in details about the gift values but I felt he was really just describing how popular Yuzu is. 

Can't defend for him regarding his insistence that the hole in the ice should not be an excuse though.... I mean even if he really felt so based on his 'professionalism', as an ex-training mate of Yuzu, he can word it well without saying like Yuzu is trying to find excuse. Shizuka kept saying it was not a mistake on Yuzu's part on TV so who is to say whose 'professional' comment is right?

Guys, i want to believe that nobody from here spams Fernandez's instagram. But just in case somebody did, please delete it. 

Yes, we are disappointed by his comments but please, let it stay here and discuss our disappointment here and not under his personal profile. We know what media can do. We should be careful.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ahhhhh! People are actually going on a witch hunt :facepalm:  I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but please, for Yuzu's sake, please do not attack skaters on their socials. Do not tag them directly either. I know we're all disappointed in Javi and feel defensive about Yuzu, but this will just make it worse.

Spoiler

Non-Japanese or newer fanyus probably do not realize the extent of this, but Yuzu antis in Japan are vile. The trash paparazzi will take any and every little piece of ammunition -- no matter how unfounded and baseless they are -- and use it to attack Yuzu. There are enough Yuzu antis in Japan to make hashtags trend on Twitter. He has received death threats before.

To give you an idea -- just after the short program, there was an unfounded rumor on Reddit(?) that fanyus were blaming and sending death threats to a Russian skater for the hole created on the ice that Yuzu slipped on. There was absolutely no proof of it whatsoever and fellow fanyus checked said skater's Instagram and found no comments of any sort. However, Japanese media took that, ran with it, published it, and it made national news on TV. Let me repeat: IT MADE JAPANESE NATIONAL NEWS ON TV. There is 0% chance that Yuzu did not see or hear about that. Later on in his press conference, Yuzu made sure to compliment the ice, saying that it was smooth and easy to skate on.

I know it's frustrating, but ultimately, we're not the ones who will be facing the consequences of "defending" Yuzu. Who will the media turn the microphone towards? Not the fans. It's Yuzu who has to answer to this. Not to mention, this robs both Yuzu and Javi the chance to speak to each other personally first and clear up any misunderstandings. We each have our own opinions on whether or not Javi's actions are forgivable, but that's for Yuzu to decide who to keep in his life. If this gets amplified further, then it may come to a point where their relationship is irreparable.

Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, but I think this is something that really needs to be addressed. Again, I'm probably preaching to the choir, but let's not feed the crazy fans narrative.

This tweet basically sums up what I've been trying to convey:

Let's pick our battles wisely, guys. Leave the angry ranting to here or in other closed spaces.

Edit: @Saawa posted the tweet already, but I'm leaving my post up here as an additional PSA.

At this point it's starting to feel like you guys just want reasons to be upset and make everyone miserable. Is there really a reason for all the negativity that goes on for pages and pages here while nice things are just skipped over?

It is the same things repeated again and it only serves to bring us all down. I am really considering not coming here anymore to avoid this and I have been checking this thread and the planet daily since it was created. Please, let this remain our happy place  :please:

Here have a happy Yuzu to cleanse the place and lets move on to more happier discussion please

yuzuru-hanyu-of-team-japan-skates-with-m

Fanyu and baby fanyu everywhere, best way to treat Fernandez? Ignore him, ignore everything about him. I understand there’s a big overlap between fanyu and his fans, so ignoring him would actually be felt. Can we also,,, stop trying to justify his comment? It’s bad, there’s nothing else to say about it. Whatever the motivation, it’s clear he basically called Yuzu a liar. In my book, that’s unforgivable.

Spoiler

I actually have met several of Fernandez’ hardcore fans irl, and let me tell you, the vitriol they said irl about Uno… If you think fanyus are petty about the chosen ones whom judges showered with candies in expense of Yuzu, you aint seen nothing yet. They also cannot see/say that it’s the corrupt implementation of the scoring system that caused the silver-bronze shenanigans in PC, cz, you know JF himself benefited from it.

also, ugh, this is precisely where I am atm

20 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I miss yuzu already🥺😭 the pain of being a new fanyu is real. Yuzu, if you or whoever knows you personally are lurking somewhere in here, please let him know that i miss him and rest well, take care 💕💕💕 see you soon 🐐

I think maybe he lurks by proxy lol. What I meant was someone else is lurking for him and telling him about how loved he is :love:

11 minutes ago, Neenah said:

At this point it's starting to feel like you guys just want reasons to be upset and make everyone miserable. Is there really a reason for all the negativity that goes on for pages and pages here while nice things are just skipped over?

It is the same things repeated again and it only serves to bring us all down. I am really considering not coming here anymore to avoid this and I have been checking this thread and the planet daily since it was created. Please, let this remain our happy place  :please:

Here have a happy Yuzu to cleanse the place and lets move on to more happier discussion please

yuzuru-hanyu-of-team-japan-skates-with-m

While I do believe that the negative things should be discussed, you're right that we do tend to spiral into further negativity. I'll keep my previous post in spoilers, since the point has been made.

In other news, the AWW team has been working hard. More subbed videos have been released :breakdance:

[NEWS]