General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

An extract from the post-gala interview says:

"Because I've not received the rewards of my efforts, the me who accepts that can now be happy. The difficult grind is starting again, and I feel a bit lonely. I need to recover my ankle. I've given my best effort, and my body needs to heal, and after that I will decide whats next"

While I'm glad he says he's happy I'm not sure what he means by the bit in bold? I mean he sure had a very lonely couple of years but I'm not sure how to interpret that one exactly. Obviously it sucks to read he feels lonely 🐼🐼 :(

I thought he was referring to the rehabilitation of his ankle. I guess it can get lonely because recovering from injury is something you have to do on your own.

3 hours ago, Melodie said:

What I got from various Spanish speakers on Twitter is exactly that, there is no ambiguity, he even demonstrated it with a pair of skate. There seems to be no room for misunderstanding. Disappointed, but what can we do...

That was the first thing I saw on Twitter today. :scowl:  I thought it was the usual suspects saying sh*t about Yuzu and was surprised when I found out it was Javi. I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I thought maybe the translation wasn't accurate, or it was out of context, or what he said was being overblown, etc. But then I saw many native Spanish speakers confirming that what he had said was indeed not OK. It made me really sad to think how this would hurt Yuzu. He said that although he gets lots of well-wishes and support from fans, it's the support from the people he knows that matter the most to him.

I think what was posted previously was a portion of Javi's commentary. Here's the whole thing:

Spoiler

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

It also is due to the fact that not many singles figure skaters attended 3 olympic cycles back to back without a season of rest and be in medal contention for all of them. That is a rare thing. Like the gillis grafström and sonja henie type of rare business we are talking about here.
We probably won't see this type of madness and shade for another what 50 years in figure skating, because I doubt any singles figure skater can survive 3 olympic cycles at the top. 

People and competitors are bound to attack an achievement so rare and unrivaled in this sport. The only reasons maybe the Russian ladies have been so kind to Yuzuru's reputation is because they were never in direct competition to Yuzu in the first place.

Hence why I don't believe adopting 2 skaters in the same discipline is realistic if they are in competition for the same medal. I almost wish Yuzu had never gone to these olympics for various reasons like the amount of hate Yuzu is getting from Yahoo Japan comments and such, but in the end who cares about those haters, who have nothing extraordinary and special in their lives than to attack their national hero. I hope Yuzu never reads twitter or Japanese anti comments and just shows us artistry on ice. I almost want him done with competition at this point, but a part of me wishes to see him until Milano. 

Ok if Yuzu were to wash his hand off of competing, where would we see him skate next? Ice shows? How often are ice shows conducted? And doesn't ice shows is under JSF too? Not to sound ignorant, I genuinely don't know. It's a shame there's no ice skating gig like those shows in Vegas, ala Cirque du Soleil. Or are they any gigs like that? 

Part of me wants him to continue to perfect his 4A, but that's just me. Selfish, I know. I want him to show the haters, to go on out of pure spite. There's been a study done about that. 

It was originally a test designed to study the power of positive thinking on athletic performance, but they divided the subjects up into three groups instead of just two. A control group that was supposed to exercise while maintaining neutral thoughts, a group that was supplied with positive motivation (standard "You can do it! You've got this! One more!" type stuff), and one that was motivated with negatives to induce spite ("That all you got? My mother can do better, and she's DEAD!"). The positive thinking group tested quite a bit better than the neutral one, but the group running on spite crushed them both.

Anyway I can say this freely because I know nothing about skating, let alone skate (if I were to try it now I might break my hip in the process) so I don't really know the toll it takes on his body. Ultimately it's up to Yuzu to decide what he will do. 

10 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I've thought about this. It's about time they do something about the holes. Now we have lasers that can scan for imperfections, even hairlines crack, at lightning speed. Surely one can be made to check the ice after every skate. It would not take long, and if there's a hole big enough to affect the athlete's performance, it can be patched immediately. Yuzu you go invent one and get rich charging exorbitant prices to the ISU lol

43 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Ok if Yuzu were to wash his hand off of competing, where would we see him skate next? Ice shows? How often are ice shows conducted? And doesn't ice shows is under JSF too? Not to sound ignorant, I genuinely don't know. It's a shame there's no ice skating gig like those shows in Vegas, ala Cirque du Soleil. Or are they any gigs like that? 

He can always create and star in his own ice shows, like Continue with Wings, or he can produce ice shows. I don't think there are any ice shows that would refuse him. 

With his genius mind, there is no limit to his involvement with anything on ice. I would not be worried about that. 

Personally I also would love for him to continue competing and get that 4A, but ultimately it all depends on him. 

I support whichever path(s) he chooses.

I love Yuzu's galaxy brain.

He congratulated Nate for his Olys goal and said he had what was required in the current FS competitive scene. However, the only thing Yuzu highlighted was the consistency of his quads. Yuzu did not mention jump qualities, spins, steps, PCS or anything else. 

It is very sincere but also very telling if we look at the factors he did not mention. 

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

Sorry if this was posted before, I didn't see it

The Olympics channel on YouTube posted Yuzu's SP without commentary

the free skate is also up.

I also noticed, they have uploaded the NC's programs earlier..

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
2 minutes ago, bubzsy said:

the free skate is also up.

I also noticed, they have uploaded the NC's programs earlier..

The view count is already different (for SP cos FS just uploaded not too long ago) despite a later upload. No wonder Oly wanted to upload this since they usually upload only the medalist programs...