General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, gapil27 said:

I didn’t see the current OGM tho, but I might be mistaken :dontknow:

Awwww there’s another video, they put Yuzu there too. He doesn’t even medal, star power indeed. 

if you mean the end ceremony I think i remember seeing NC for a split second in one of the compilations 

Yeak loved Yuzu being included (even though one of the clips was the 4a fall iirc)

16 минут назад, Pasta сказал:

Just for fun, what do you guys think about the chances of him going to milano for a redemption skate? and possibly a third olympic title. (With the assumption NC will be retiring soon before 2026 and he will drop the 4A dream) 

Everything depends on Yuzu’s health. We don’t know about condition of his ankle. He takes a lot of painkillers that already did harm for him (he had esophagitis this year that mostly caused by taking painkillers) 

19 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Just for fun, what do you guys think about the chances of him going to milano for a redemption skate? and possibly a third olympic title. (With the assumption NC will be retiring soon before 2026 and he will drop the 4A dream) 

More than thinking 4 years ahead, I am thinking if he's gonna compete another season, should he have new programs or recycle RonCap & Tenchi (whether he wants to put 4A in or not is up to him). I would like him to keep RonCap cos we did not see enough. 

34 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

More than thinking 4 years ahead, I am thinking if he's gonna compete another season, should he have new programs or recycle RonCap & Tenchi (whether he wants to put 4A in or not is up to him). I would like him to keep RonCap cos we did not see enough. 

I wouldn't want nothing so much than him to continue even for one season more, but not at whatever cost, his health is of course the priority no.1.

I also wish to see Roncapu again. It is a giantic masterpiece and I truly want the world record back to Yuzu. Roncapu & Yuzu deserves that.

I am little bit sad, that Yuzu says in some interviews that he feels his efforts were not rewarded but  when time passes I hope he will see that sometimes the reward  is the fight itself and everything he did learn with it. I wish he knew what his skating means to us, how many bad days he has saved for us by his skating, how many new fans he has brought for figure skating. I think he is the future of figure skating just by the fact that people love him and his skating, in my opinion that is the greatest reward ❣️

Guest Mary_kyo

Yuzu on Nathan: "He is the one who has everything that is asked for in today's figure skating"

I put it in spoilers, in case anyone wants to skip

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Yuzupu said:
The song Li Yugang wrote with Yuzu as his inspiration. Yuzu really managed to touch many hearts through his skating.

It's absolutely amazing how much Yuzu has inspired other people, including a highly accomplished and famous singer and artist like Li Yugang. Yuzu is very popular and loved in China indeed and this song is beautiful. :heartpound:

I hope someone will translate the lyrics. My Chinese isn't good enough for translating it because Li Yugang uses very poetic language that's not easy to understand. From what I understand, he incorporated the characters of Yuzu's name into the song lyrics. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Someone has already uploaded the song on YouTube.

Guest Mary_kyo
4 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Annnd we are back to undeserved praises.

Well, he is a much better person than me. But the keyword is "today's figure skating".

Can you believe even with this praise, he was slandered by antis? Saying it wasn't necessary to mention his own two golds. :gaah:

2 hours ago, Pasta said:

I don't think he needs another olympic title for him to be cemented in history books, he is already there. But of course if this is his next goal I will support him.

I would love to see him skate in Milano (hello??!!, Italian here who just discovered - well 2 years ago - this wonderful man so of course I would like a chance to have him in my country) but only if he's doing it for himself and not for the fans. He loves to skate, I think he is the only person on this planet who can say he loves to skate and actually means it so if he's doing that for the love of it, I'd say go for it! But first your health Yuzu!!! I don't want you to develop stomach problems or worst liver or kidneys problems because of painkillers.

I know that him skating at competitive level for so long is unrealistic.

I would like for him to skate only triples in his FP and keep going because this is the only chance that his world's fans have to see him. So that it's less stressful on his ageing body (even if his skating is still improving). But at the end of the day, I don't want to see him disappointed with the competition and right now if you don't skate with quads and land them PCS don't come. On the contrary PCS are rewarded to people who have bad skating skills.

So to sum it up, yes I would love for him to keep going, health first, his happiness first, but I see it as it is. He doesn't own us anything, he already gave us a lot so whatever he will decided.

And as for the 4A... I do believe that his ankle prevented him for lending it because he was so close! And I would love for him to land it in competition just to shut up the rest of the world. But I think he finally understands the toll the jump had on his body and maybe he's finally able to say goodbye to a perfect landing. If he wants to keep going I will cheer for him and his success, if not I will be happy to have witnessed the first man attempting it on Olympic ice and almost succeeding during a pandemic. (No one will try to land one at the Olympics during a pandemic! Or I hope so...). but again your health first!!

I think Yuzuru is honest in what he said, even if there are some asterisks or unspoken words.

But we can try to catch them because we know him. How many others instead will take him on a face value - that [redacted] is an ideal of skating that should be followed?

Many, really.

Not that ultimately it will make any difference, since it's just a one comment in the sea of 4 years of damage. The damage that I can see in interviews with children.

But it doesn't matter what media says, right?

12 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Well, he is a much better person than me. But the keyword is "today's figure skating".

Can you believe even with this praise, he was slandered by antis? Saying it wasn't necessary to mention his own two golds. :gaah:

Ahahahah why shouldn’t he? Flex that 2 OGMs Yuzu! Go for it! That’s what he should’ve done anyway. If he can’t be proud of his 2 OGMs, then who can lol