General Yuzuru Chat

I'd be very happy if his gala program was POTO, which was my favorite of his programs until --- until Masquerade -- which I think is an absolute masterpiece.  Hope to see Phantom but I'd be in seventh heaven if I see Masquerade, which was a program of Yuzu's that had far too short a lifespan.

Guest Mary_kyo

This whole thread is really nice too. The interview of Wang Shiyue & Liu Xinyu. They praised Yuzu for taking challenges, being humble and an icon

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
9 hours ago, Suzu said:

Tracy  Wilson has said once that Yuzuru's practices are even more fun to watch than his competitions. I agree, when there is no pressure like today's practice

Yuzu can really enjoy skating and his love for this sport/art is so enjoyable to watch. Figure skating at it's best and genuine level.

I truly wish him a full recovery. I can not imagine watching figure skating anymore if he quits, once you have tasted Champange buttermilk just will not do anymore :peace2:

Yuzu really keeps surprising us in a positive way and always has the best ideas. Who would have thought he'd spend his spare time, while waiting for the gala, at so many practice sessions? I didn't know it was possible to bring your music if it doesn't belong to anything you're going to perform in a competition or gala. Maybe it's completely unusual but who would reject such a request if it comes from this wonderful skater, the one everybody wants to film and photograph anyway? Like this, we see such beautiful footage of Yuzu smiling while practicing! During Helsinki GP and Torino GPF his practice sessions were what I enjoyed most: 30 minutes (or so) of Yuzu presence each time :2lbkos0:- that's much more than SP + FS + gala together! However, he was very concentrated, focused and determined then. His sessions now must be so enjoyable for everybody present. And maybe Yuzu feels comfortable and relaxed because it's how he would be spending his time at home in Sendai? And at the same time he has an audience - which also is important for him? If only there wasn't his injured ankle ... :scratch3: Therefore I'm quite anxious, too: I keep hoping this is just his way of making Beijing a nice memory for himself like Sochi and Pyeong Chang. (And is not farewell!) :smiley-angelic001:  As I keep hoping there still is enough time for his ankle to heal and he can go to Montpellier. It would be such a good opportunity to end the season in a pleasant way with his fans from all over the world  cheering for him. :loveshower::grin_clapping::cheer:

I am actually feeling so emotional. Reading all the things Yuzu said, how he wanted to skate all the mistakes away and pick up all the things he dropped along the way now that his form is at his strongest and is able to do it ( even while injured, unbelievable), and he is able to enjoy the moment and share with people that love him and appreciate him even if a small number of audience I know it means a lot to him to be able to share this amazing craft of his that he so delicately and hard-workingly built. I am amazed every time by his heart, his drive, how much of a perfectionist he is but at the same time how much he appreciates beauty. I don't know, seeing him happy and enjoying himself and leaving these Olympics being able to show how much he has grown, ho much he can do and how strong he is at this point, being able to show how much he prepared for this, its simply so fulfilling for me cause it is for him/

And that thread of all those skates talking highly of Yuzu, his beautiful skating but also how behind that there is so much work and effort and a very humble and generous human being.

Anyways, gonna have a good cry. bye

17 minutes ago, Ulrinis said:

Yuzu really keeps surprising us in a positive way and always has the best ideas. Who would have thought he'd spend his spare time, while waiting for the gala, at so many practice sessions? I didn't know it was possible to bring your music if it doesn't belong to anything you're going to perform in a competition or gala. Maybe it's completely unusual but who would reject such a request if it comes from this wonderful skater, the one everybody wants to film and photograph anyway? Like this, we see such beautiful footage of Yuzu smiling while practicing! During Helsinki GP and Torino GPF his practice sessions were what I enjoyed most: 30 minutes (or so) of Yuzu presence each time :2lbkos0:- that's much more than SP + FS + gala together! However, he was very concentrated, focused and determined then. His sessions now must be so enjoyable for everybody present. And maybe Yuzu feels comfortable and relaxed because it's how he would be spending his time at home in Sendai? And at the same time he has an audience - which also is important for him? If only there wasn't his injured ankle ... :scratch3: Therefore I'm quite anxious, too: I keep hoping this is just his way of making Beijing a nice memory for himself like Sochi and Pyeong Chang. (And is not farewell!) :smiley-angelic001:  As I keep hoping there still is enough time for his ankle to heal and he can go to Montpellier. It would be such a good opportunity to end the season in a pleasant way with his fans from all over the world  cheering for him. :loveshower::grin_clapping::cheer:

I agree, now that I've seen most of the videos from today's practice I get the feeling he was having lots of fun and at the same time it served the purpose of summarizing everything he has done so far. I think he needed to go through every program in order to evaluate who and what is Yuzuru Hanyu as figure skater. He has to look back in order to move forward.

My wild guess and hope is that he will continue his competitive career if only the ankle will heal well and lasts training. He is so good at this point, like he said ' Iam better

than I have ever been', so it would be such a pity to quit now. There are so much wonderful music in the world, that only an artist like Yuzu can interpret and his choices of music has been superb.

I think he is smart and strong and will give himself enought time to redefine himself as a figure skater.  I know that whatever Yuzu decides, I will adjust and keep supporting him, BUT

I need to know that Planet Hanyu exists forever and I can always go back to those magical, unforgettable moments of Yuzu's kids Chopin Ballabe, Seimei, Roncapu, TTCT, H&L, Haru yo Koi, White Legend...all of them, will it ?

On 2/12/2022 at 9:24 AM, Nataliya05 said:

Item 7 is my personal whim. Don't they really understand that such a symbiosis of talent, love for one's work, passion for external data and human qualities is, in principle, not easy to replace. People of the stature of Yuzu are a rare and valuable gift from heaven. It is foolish of them to expect that their galaxy of "new stars", which I saw in the Japan Championship, will attract viewers

:agree2:

:wink_star:

7 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Maybe I'm overthinking but why does this sound like farewell? 

I am hoping that the reason is twofold and neither has anything to do with farewell.

First, he is reminding everyone that there is only one GOAT and that he is incomparable.

Second, he has been saying that he feels like crying when he thinks about how much longer he will be able to lay his eyes on scenes like this, referring to competition venues. I think that he is enjoying himself to the max despite his pain because he does not know whether he will see Olympic ice again.

I think that he needs time to sort things out in the peace and quiet of his home. I don’t think that he’s ready to give up competitive skating because, as he told Scott Russell, “I was born for my skate.” He did not rule out another run at the Olympics and that tells you something. He just needs to take some time to properly rest his right ankle. I do not think that it will ever completely heal, but he needs to rest it so that it is not being continually activated. I agree with @Mary_kyo that at 27 years of age, when other skaters are faltering, Yuzu is getting better, stronger and improving technically and artistically.

Maybe we're all overthinking it, and Yuzu is simply enjoying the opportunity to practice with other actual people around, and have an appreciative audience as well. Let's not forget that for the past 2 years he's pretty much been not only solo on tge ice, but as far as we know, solo in the building at the times that he trains. For all his bravado about being able to do as many run-throughs as he likes with no interruption, that much solitude would get to anybody.

He's having fun. His idea of fun. Just let him. There's no need to make it any more complicated than that. 

The intermittent panics over retirement and the worrying about his ankle so prevalent here lately is reminding me of a previous period - the run up to PC when we had no idea what condition his ankle was in, we weren’t expecting him to troll us about it, and I think it was also when everyone was afraid he would rerun Phantom, apart from the handful of Phantom enthusiasts, of whom I am one.  It sort of went in waves - a few pages of panic followed by calm down, followed by renewed panic as the world turned and new fanyus woke up, read the pages and panicked in their turn.  Business as usual!

14 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

The intermittent panics over retirement and the worrying about his ankle so prevalent here lately is reminding me of a previous period - the run up to PC when we had no idea what condition his ankle was in, we weren’t expecting him to troll us about it, and I think it was also when everyone was afraid he would rerun Phantom, apart from the handful of Phantom enthusiasts, of whom I am one.  It sort of went in waves - a few pages of panic followed by calm down, followed by renewed panic as the world turned and new fanyus woke up, read the pages and panicked in their turn.  Business as usual!

I plead totally guilty for being one of the new fanyus who's probably overthinking things 🤡 !

In a way it was a bad timing to join the club just recently as Yuzuru had a rough time last week, so it got really intense really quickly and I went straight from "oh damn he IS the best" to "crap, he is so sad" in a matter of hours. I don't know if I'm being very clear :)