General Yuzuru Chat

Fanyu: The federations hate Yuzu. They want him to retire. 

Also Fanyu after every competition:

Yuzu probably going to retire after this. I’m so sad.

Also also Fanyu:

Keep talking about Yuzu’s retirement although they don’t want him to retire.

Seems to me everyone wants him to retire at this rate. Don’t @ me lol

4 hours ago, Melodie said:

By the gala all of the volunteers will do that, in sync, when Yuzu clicks his fingers LOL. 

I get the feeling that if he has a bigger audience he could do what the soccer teams do when they win... do a clap and the audience follows, then speed it up or slow it down and the audience follows... they'd hang on every move he made. I remember Federer did that playing in Switzerland and everyone followed too. Everyone was so focused on the moves he made.

Edit: about Yuzu competing next season at ACI. I'd love him to do that, but I think he only competed in those because they were virtually next door to Toronto(the ones in Oakville I mean) or close by in Montreal... if he's not in Toronto who knows where he'll go for Challengers, if he chooses to do them.

6 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Also also Fanyu:

Well, reluctantly discussing the probability of something occuring doesn't mean we want it to happen...

8 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Also also Fanyu:

People have different ways of preparing for that, some just need to talk about it to others :shrug:

It will eventually happen, honestly I don't think that Yuzu skating to his past programs means anything much, we will see what is his decision in a due time. But remember he casually said he may be back for next Olympics hehehehe :59227c768286a__s:

Why everyone discussing about retirement when yuzu saying that he wanted to reward himself so he skated all of his past programs :68468287:

To me it sounds like he wanted to heal himself in this Olympic. The way he's stay and not go home despite injured, also do all the practices after the individual event, decide to do gala, i see it as him doing it to have fun. I think he wants to make precious memories in this Olympic. Previously he said this Olympic wasn't enjoyable but seeing it how he's enjoying the rest of the time he has in Beijing, skating all his programs, smiling and having fun, that's to heal himself imo.

Imagine if he's comebak to Japan after individual event. The frustration, sad, angry, disappointment he has to bring back to Japan? I'm glad we know he's having fun now. Beijing won't leave him the bad feeling from the competition but precious moment for him too. And confirmation that he's still in love with figure skating.

Sorry if already posted, but no harm watching another time, right? :YuzuPoohLove:

His movements are so sharp! More than at competitions, I feel. I don't know if it's because he's less tired since it's not at the end of a full FS, or because of how much the black UA enhances his lines, but... sigh :8788161:

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

Imagine yourself at the rink side. What would be your answer?

Origin! First one I watched (youtube recommended me a video) not even knowing who is Yuzuru Hanyu at that time. With this program he inspired me to figure skate myself so it will always have a special place in my heart.

Btw I don't think he's retiring.

+ Seeing all those clips from Beijing - damn, I can't breathe properly, the things I would do to be there and watch him... 

Apologies if there's one already and I missed it, but wouldn't it be cool to have a thread about examples of motivation/inspiration Yuzu brought us? In the past few days for example, witnessing his strength and tenacity made me push myself to go for a run, or to eat better, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here?

I don't think he has decided to retire now. There isn't enough time for him to have a thorough medical check on his ankle, or for him to organize his thoughts after these 2 weeks.

Maybe Yuzu just loves performing? He has been skating alone in Sendai rink for 2 years except for occasional competitions and ice shows. He might also want to skate more for fun before the rehabilitation process when he comes back to Japan. I don't want to overthink. Just want to enjoy what Yuzu prepares for us in Gala. :loveshower:

He is just happy that he doesn’t have to practice the 4A anymore which took all the fun out of skating for him, so much  he even thought about quitting all together. He is just enjoying skating and rediscovering the fun in it. Not his every move has to have meaning or needs to be interpreted :wink2:

A part of me thinks that he wanted to try those programs on Olympic ice. 

Like, he got the chance to have fun and let loose for a while, reviving fond memories. He might be disillusioned by the doping scandal too, who knows. Maybe that's what he needed to remember why he has given his heart and soul for this sport.

2 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

Apologies if there's one already and I missed it, but wouldn't it be cool to have a thread about examples of motivation/inspiration Yuzu brought us? In the past few days for example, witnessing his strength and tenacity made me push myself to go for a run, or to eat better, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here?

Here's one thread that you can revive :)

https://planethanyu.com/topic/809-if-it-wasnt-for-yuzuru-id-never-have/