General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, TokyoDream said:

Hi everyone, new here - this is a lovely website and it's so good to meet so many people who care for Yuzuru. 

I hesitated posting this because it's a bit off-topic, but I thought you guys more than anyone around me would understand.  I've been SO sad since the FS the other day that it's had a toll on my mental health, a much bigger toll than I would ever had imagined, and the ridiculous part of it is that I've only followed Yuzuru for a few weeks (I do tend to be very sensitive, to sum me up quickly). I used to be a die hard Yuna fan but then kind of stopped watching figure skating for a bit and came back to it for these Olympics, which means I didn't even seen Yuzu win in 2014 and 2018, although obviously I've since then seen countless videos.

I've never felt so "caring" and concerned about any skater before. It's not about the fact he placed 4th, or didn't quite land the 4A, he's a beautiful person and a skater out of this world, and nothing he does or doesn't do will ever change that, which is why you are all here rooting for him obviously!
I could handle anything happen the other day but seeing him sad and disappointed in himself just ruined me. I've literally been sad or crying, not eating much or sleeping well since the FS took place. I've been on this forum and various websites/Instagram, refreshing pages obsessively trying to see if there were any Hanyu news. Obviously it's all a bit ridiculous to be that affected about something like this in the grand scheme of things, but it's not exactly something I can just shrug off. All I want, like all of you, is for him to be healthy, happy with himself, retire when he feels like it and not because he's being pressured into it, and overall be satisfied about his career. 
I guess one thing that makes it so much harder for us is that he doesn't have social media so we can't "check" on him, even though social media can be fake and he doesn't like to show sadness, being the humble, reserved person he is. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why he doesn't have social media and I respect his decision!

I'm sorry for this long post, which is just me saying how upset I am, when you guys don't even know me. I guess I needed to talk to people who know what it feels like.

Aw I think to an extend all of us have been though this. Yuzu touches us in ways that are hard to fathom sometimes. I think we all need to take care not fall too hard into the pits of worrying about Yuzu but it’s not easy sometimes. I hope you have ways of getting professional help if you feel your mental health plunging and take it seriously 💕

I also think that sometimes we (and by that I mean our forum) turn into a echo-chamber of worry where we end up spiraling a little out of control. (Anyone remember post-PC after it was revealed just how injured Yuzu had been? oof and I was definitely part of the downward-spiral then)

While I know this site is a comfort to many of us and a place where we can share our feelings and worries it’s also important to step back and take some time off from the Yuzu-talk. 

Hope you feel better soon and take care :grouphug:

eta: I find the media and news thread really helpful when I just want to have a summary of what has happened that day without having to go back and read 20+ new pages in multiple threads. 

https://planethanyu.com/topic/320-yuzuru-news-and-updates/

Hi everybody. My experience with this Olympics games has been a bit different. I bought a pass to a streaming service just to see Yuzuru in HD and was feeling rather hopeful before his debut. The night of his SP I was supposed to get out of bed and have a great time watching his performance and commenting on this forum, but for some reason I got this horrible feeling in my gut regarding the competition. Feeling thoroughly stupid I went back to bed. I haven't watched the Olympics at all. I already had a terribile year and I didn't want to add another reason for being depressed. So I waited. And today I saw on twitter that he's out of the podium. I only know this. I'm devastated for Yuzuru. I'm too scared to even watch what happened to him. So I'm asking if a kind soul on our community could summarize his Olympic experience? I sound silly but searching on the net for what happened to him feels traumatizing. Thanks in advance, hugs to all of you who know exactly how I'm feeling :sadPooh:

2 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

Hi everyone, new here - this is a lovely website and it's so good to meet so many people who care for Yuzuru. 

I hesitated posting this because it's a bit off-topic, but I thought you guys more than anyone around me would understand.  I've been SO sad since the FS the other day that it's had a toll on my mental health, a much bigger toll than I would ever had imagined, and the ridiculous part of it is that I've only followed Yuzuru for a few weeks (I do tend to be very sensitive, to sum me up quickly). I used to be a die hard Yuna fan but then kind of stopped watching figure skating for a bit and came back to it for these Olympics, which means I didn't even seen Yuzu win in 2014 and 2018, although obviously I've since then seen countless videos.

I've never felt so "caring" and concerned about any skater before. It's not about the fact he placed 4th, or didn't quite land the 4A, he's a beautiful person and a skater out of this world, and nothing he does or doesn't do will ever change that, which is why you are all here rooting for him obviously!
I could handle anything happen the other day but seeing him sad and disappointed in himself just ruined me. I've literally been sad or crying, not eating much or sleeping well since the FS took place. I've been on this forum and various websites/Instagram, refreshing pages obsessively trying to see if there were any Hanyu news. Obviously it's all a bit ridiculous to be that affected about something like this in the grand scheme of things, but it's not exactly something I can just shrug off. All I want, like all of you, is for him to be healthy, happy with himself, retire when he feels like it and not because he's being pressured into it, and overall be satisfied about his career. 
I guess one thing that makes it so much harder for us is that he doesn't have social media so we can't "check" on him, even though social media can be fake and he doesn't like to show sadness, being the humble, reserved person he is. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why he doesn't have social media and I respect his decision!

I'm sorry for this long post, which is just me saying how upset I am, when you guys don't even know me. I guess I needed to talk to people who know what it feels like.

I feel excatly the same. We are mourning together here, which helps a lot, so thank you for everyone posting here your thoughts and feelings about Yuzu <3.

I am just dying to see news about him, that he is OK.  Hopefully we will see at least little bit happier Yuzu at the press conference tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Yuzuru Hanyu will meet in Beijing on the 14th and will appear in an exhibition on the 20th.

[February 13, 2022 21:00

from Sponichi

EDIT - that's the headline translated by Google

Further into the article it says Yuzuru is scheduled to appear, so let's wait for tomorrow, hopefully he will confirm this,

Actually, just the fact that he's still in China makes me think that he's probably going to attend the gala

Guest Mary_kyo
13 minutes ago, alwaysafan said:

So I'm asking if a kind soul on our community could summarize his Olympic experience?

Summary: The Universe betrayed him.

Well, he was in good shape before SP. During SP his blade got stock in a huge hole on the ice (that was formed by the toe pick of another skater before him) and he popped the sal. Judges didn’t hold it back and he got 95 and ranked 8th after SP. Other than the sal, he skated very beautifully but obviously was shocked by the pop too. He was still shocked by his bad luck in after SP interviews too and said maybe he did something wrong for this to happen. :-(

Then during the next open practice for FS, (he was visibly frustrated because of the bad luck) and he got injured on a 4A attempt. He didn't give up and didn't WD. He attempted 4A in FS, fell but it got called 4A< (huge improvement over JNats) while in reality, it was more like 4Aq (so it should have gotten full BV) but anyway, the fall on 4A took a toll and he fell on 4S too but the rest was clean. The judges robbed him in PCS while other skaters, although not clean, were overscored to the moon. Especially and very obviously Shoma had a very messy FS but judges awarded him the bronze over Yuzu.

But Yuzu was so brave and didn’t hold back on 4A and got a first certified 4A from the nightmare that is Beijing. Many people got touched by his bravery btw and he fought with all his might.

25 minutes ago, alwaysafan said:

Hi everybody. My experience with this Olympics games has been a bit different. I bought a pass to a streaming service just to see Yuzuru in HD and was feeling rather hopeful before his debut. The night of his SP I was supposed to get out of bed and have a great time watching his performance and commenting on this forum, but for some reason I got this horrible feeling in my gut regarding the competition. Feeling thoroughly stupid I went back to bed. I haven't watched the Olympics at all. I already had a terribile year and I didn't want to add another reason for being depressed. So I waited. And today I saw on twitter that he's out of the podium. I only know this. I'm devastated for Yuzuru. I'm too scared to even watch what happened to him. So I'm asking if a kind soul on our community could summarize his Olympic experience? I sound silly but searching on the net for what happened to him feels traumatizing. Thanks in advance, hugs to all of you who know exactly how I'm feeling :sadPooh:

HI Alwaysafan, I'm a low-tech auntie, I don't know how to repost in a reply, but if I may recommend one thing to watch, go back one page to the video in which he learns his 4A attempt was certified.  The emotion in his voice and his smiling eyes...transcends language barriers.  Hugs. 

1 hour ago, robin said:

I also think that sometimes we (and by that I mean our forum) turn into a echo-chamber of worry where we end up spiraling a little out of control. (Anyone remember post-PC after it was revealed just how injured Yuzu had been? oof and I was definitely part of the downward-spiral then)

While I know this site is a comfort to many of us and a place where we can share our feelings and worries it’s also important to step back and take some time off from the Yuzu-talk.

You are right. I don't want to know how many liters of tears have been shed for Yuzu in the last few days.

As time goes by, we too, find our way back to our daily routines. We all appreciate the great community the satellites form, so I thank all the writers who contribute to the processing.

However, I would like to especially thank all of you who normally write a lot in this forum, but prefer to be more quiet these days. In this, too, I feel understood.

Take care everyone! :grouphug:

Thanks so much everyone for the welcome and the kind words - you made me cry but I was already a wreck :doh:
It's 4pm where I live and I'm about to attempt at my first meal. You'd think I'm a teenager in love or something, but I'm a 32 years old grown woman!!

Our only consolation today is that it appears there won't be any groundbreaking announcement, but rather a standard interview. I'd rather Yuzu took his time before making any rash decision, the FS was only a few days ago and he needs time to process. I hope he's surrounded with people in Beijing, maybe not physically (I don't know how much he would venture out with Covid still around) but at least on the phone etc. 

10 minutes ago, LaCarmi said:

Since we are sad, let's have a laugh at reuters that need to make a statement about all the "online chatter".

Guys! It's not an engagement!

Seriously though, who thought about that rumours?

Not gonna lie, the engagement rumours had me wheezing. Do people really think Yuzuru would set up a press conference to announce his engagement?