General Yuzuru Chat

49 minutes ago, cereus said:

Folks on Twitter are writing that it's normal for a non-medalist to hold an individual press conference. I guess it's been so long since Yuzu didn't medal that we've forgotten.

There could still be some sort of announcement in store but it could also just be a chance for the journalists who didn't win the lottery to ask questions.

Yes. The day after Men's FS, Jason Brown(and Nathan) had an individual press conference with the journalists. With interpreters and all.

Vincent of course is still in quarantine, can't attend. 

I believe it's supposed to be interview with Team USA Men.

Shoma & Yuma already had their individual press conference. It's not the one with all 3 medalist, just the 2 of the from Team Japan Men. So I suppose it's Yuzu's turn after this.

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

I don't like this at all :( 

I feel so helpless to help him :(( I just want to give back everything he gave to us - all of the hard work and efforts, all the blood, sweat and tears he's poured into a sport that hates him in return, all the love and care and passion he's poured into his skating and all the love and hope he's brought us - I just want some way to give back :( 

While all will have to wait a day, Yuzu already has his minds made up perhaps yesterday as to what to tell at the press conf and exclusive TV interview to come.  Whatever he decides and discloses for now, he is fully supported and loved and he knows:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Yet on valentine’s day... perhaps Yuzu might just share his sweetest words causally announcing who is the lucky queen he is marrying /has already married.  Haha.  Beat me lol.  Will be v happy for him if so :8788161:

No doubt he will be directly asked about retirement plan or appraisals for medalists.  Whatever he decided/replied (imo, not retirement decision yet), I hope (or just me?) he adds some remarks at some point like  - As I am still growing stronger and doing even better at 27, I look forward to seeing the medalists to defend or advance their titles in 4 years time.  Catch me if you can

:hihi:

1 minute ago, Luminous said:

And still I don’t understand why everyone thinks that Yuzu will retire

Everyone's emotions are running a little high, and there's always been a subconscious thought in our minds that he will retire eventually, so I guess when those two factors are mixed...we get a little scared. There was also the fact that he seemed so beaten down in his post-skate interviews, said he's given it his all for no returns (paraphrasing), and now the news from Nobu about him being depressed...that I personally wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits soon.

However, I am not Yuzu and no one really knows what's going on in his brain. I do agree that this is probably just a regular press conference, and now that I've thought more about it, I don't think he will announce anything here either, except maybe regarding his participation in Worlds.

In the end, we'll all just have to wait and see tomorrow. All I want is to see even a glimmer of happiness or just any indication that he's coping well :sadPooh:

45 minutes ago, Kat said:

Wait, I thought Nobu had another conversation with him when he said (paraphrasing here)to Yuzuru that he'd cry, and Yuzuru retorted that no, Nobu would cry...so Nobu's conclusion was he was doing better? Is this a new one? Or after? Gaah, I gotta find the receipt. So much info going around.

It can be the same conversation, we just don't know. 

16 minutes ago, PoohandYuzu said:

While all will have to wait a day, Yuzu already has his minds made up perhaps yesterday as to what to tell at the press conf and exclusive TV interview to come.  Whatever he decides and discloses for now, he is fully supported and loved and he knows:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Yet on valentine’s day... perhaps Yuzu might just share his sweetest words causally announcing who is the lucky queen he is marrying /has already married.  Haha.  Beat me lol.  Will be v happy for him if so :8788161:

No doubt he will be directly asked about retirement plan or appraisals for medalists.  Whatever he decided/replied (imo, not retirement decision yet), I hope (or just me?) he adds some remarks at some point like  - As I am still growing stronger and doing even better at 27, I look forward to seeing the medalists to defend or advance their titles in 4 years time.  Catch me if you can

:hihi:

I’ll be slightly mad if he’s married :grimacing: then I’ll be happy for him cuz he found the one for him:heart:

34 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

Everyone's emotions are running a little high, and there's always been a subconscious thought in our minds that he will retire eventually, so I guess when those two factors are mixed...we get a little scared. There was also the fact that he seemed so beaten down in his post-skate interviews, said he's given it his all for no returns (paraphrasing), and now the news from Nobu about him being depressed...that I personally wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits soon.

However, I am not Yuzu and no one really knows what's going on in his brain. I do agree that this is probably just a regular press conference, and now that I've thought more about it, I don't think he will announce anything here either, except maybe regarding his participation in Worlds.

In the end, we'll all just have to wait and see tomorrow. All I want is to see even a glimmer of happiness or just any indication that he's coping well :sadPooh:

We better mentally prepare for a retirement just in case. Although I have no idea why he scheduled a solo interview and a press conference. 🤔 

I wouldn't be surprised if he does retire. He was robbed of all then major titles for the last 4 years.

2019 Worlds Gold : definite robbery

2019 GPF Gold : robbery

2022 olympics bronze : robbery

3 minutes ago, Harutolama said:

We better mentally prepare for a retirement just in case. Although I have no idea why he scheduled a solo interview and a press conference. 🤔 

I wouldn't be surprised if he does retire. He was robbed of all then major titles for the last 4 years.

To be fair, while I also wouldn't be surprised with a retirement announcement, I think holding a solo press con isn't an indication of anything. Jason and Jun held their own solo press cons, too. Since Yuzu didn't medal and journalists couldn't really interview him properly in the mixed zone, it just makes sense to hold a press con with everyone so that they can ask all their questions at once, rather than Yuzu having to hold separate interviews.

And yeah...when you list it out like that, he's been through a lot this past quad, to say the least. And just when we thought it couldn't get worse....

24 минуты назад, Harutolama сказал:

Don’t think being robbed of medal again will be the reason to retire 

1 hour ago, wanyu said:

I’ll be slightly mad if he’s married :grimacing: then I’ll be happy for him cuz he found the one for him:heart:

This will be the biggest plot twist ever.🤣🤣 Imo, Whether marriage/retirement /take a break competitively for a period of time/worlds 2022 WD/etc. I don't care, i will always support him and his decisions. Finally, another yuzu updates. Boy i really do miss seeing him🥺