General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

What an amazing achievement and improvement:

from 4A<< (2ft) to 4Aq in one month. He is close, very close. I hope if his body allows, he finishes this dream. No one else can do this. No one else goes for such a dream and bravery to jump this monster in Olympics. He is the one GOAT who chose 4A over Olympics medals. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Just a little post-reaction anecdote about my mom who usually never watches fs:

We put the last two groups on the big TV to watch. My mom was present and when we said we support Hanyu, she was aghast and adamantly supported USA because yada-yada. Absolute reversal, today she's very loud about the fact that Hanyu was the best skater yesterday and the current OGM wasn't as good and his scores were too high. Obviously she knows nothing about tech, but when it comes to the beauty of figure skating as a package, even the 4 year viewers should be able to see that 100% Yuzuru Hanyu is on a different tier.

8 минут назад, Mary_kyo сказал:

What an amazing achievement and improvement:

from 4A<< (2ft) to 4A< in one month. He is close, very close. I hope if his body allows, he finishes this dream. No one else can do this. No one else goes for such a dream and bravery to jump this monster in Olympics. He is the one GOAT who chose 4A over Olympics medals. 

He started to twist his body in the other way? I remember reading thoughts on 4A from some gymnast. He told about right shoulder, that it should lead the body or something similar……Now he starts to twist later?🤔 and the entry is different 

On 2/8/2022 at 9:16 PM, LaCarmi said:

Hi Everyone.

I'm not actually new here, but this is my first post. I've started reading this forum before JNats 2020 but decided to join in March 2021. But since I'm too shy I didn't have the courage to write (and well I think I choose the wrong username, not that I don't believe in it, but now I think it's cheesy, is there a way to change it? I know, I digress...). I'm sorry that it took this event to give me courage to write and come out of lurker status but I should learn from Yuzuru and go for it, right?

I'm here and I'm crying (and feeling stupid about that but I am an empathic person and a lot of things make me cry). KendallKlaire's words made me cry, because they made me remember when I found Yuzuru. KendallKlaire said:

And that's what happened to me. Unfortunately I need to thank the ISU  for making me a fanyu (can you believe that?). I've never watched figure skating, I was never interested in jumps and that's what I thought FS was all about, at most I preferred ice dance because people don't fall (in theory) and the performance is all smooth (always, in theory). I was a fan of Virtue and Moir just because they were the Olympic champions in 2018 not because I knew of them (this just to tell you that I really didn't follow figure skating that much, I didn't even know that an Italian couple was world champion in 2014! I only knew of Carolina Kostner as a skater and nobody else, and the "like" of VM and ice dance didn't last much since I didn't follow anything after a few months of the Olymics), so when ISU posted all world 2017 championships I said why not? I mean it was march or april 2020 and we were in lockdown, I didn't have anything better to do than watch videos on youtube, or read books, or clean the house or cook, right? We all went through that fase. So I watched all the videos, all the performances and the gala. And that's when Yuzuru saved my sanity.

I wasn't in a good place back then even if I didn't want to admit it. Covid was and is still hard on anyone right? But watching Yuzu's H&L in that video made me curious about this man, who in the video before was dressed in purple pants and rocking Prince (and boy did I enjoyed that performance even if it wasn't his best) and the next day skated that masterpiece so different from the SP. So day after day I watched every competition and every show and knew about him more and my mental state got better. First I was moved by his skating, then I was moved by his life story. How can a person be this good? So humble? I was touched by him. And it's true that his skating touches people like no other.

After that I learnt everything about FS, I can recognise jumps even better than the judges, I learnt that FS is not all about jumps as I previously thought but I even learned about the sad part of FS. But I'm not here for that. 

By the way, I'm Laura, sorry for the lengthy post. Yuzuru may have saved my sanity during 2020, but I need to say a big thank you to all of you for saving my sanity during Yuzu's competitions. I didn't know it was so hard, since I wasn't here for all his competitions! Today I was really down, I didn't eat a lot, I didn't read, I didn't want to study Japanese (another thing I did again because of him after trying a few years ago and giving up) because I was too sad and couldn't concentrate. I know it may be stupid but that's what an emphatic person does. Coming here and reading all your support made me feel better. My greatest fear was about the backlash of journalists (I do think it was a smart move to address the hole soon) but at the end of the day, who cares? It's okay to not wanting them to slaughter him, we love him right? But real fans don't care. Common people will read the articles and move on and won't remember what was said. And seeing the love from people and other skaters made me realise that words are just words, they may hurt but the actions of other people matter the most.

So sorry for the long read, I just really wanted to share my story of how I found Yuzu and thank you all for keeping me sane during his competitions. I may not post a lot, it did take me a lot to come out of the shadow but I will support him in whatever he decide to do. As for now, Yuzu, go for the quad axel! You don't need a third gold olypmic medal to show us your value. You already did your part, now follow your heart. (I don't know why I'm saying this to Yuzu since he's not here - and if you are, what are you doing! go back to sleep and rest! - but I'm sending positive thoughts to him...)

By the way, I found consolation in the fact that he wasn't at the press conference so no stupid question for him.

Dear Laura, I hope Yuzu can see your post. On this day of mixed emotions it has brought me to tears again - but it shows exactly what Yuzu's magic is about! :crybaby:
Ah, and: Thanks, ISU! :smiley-laughing021:

22 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Some self-reflection:

My fan sister cried enough for my share yesterday after Hanyu's skate. He went for his dream 4A and not for gold, and we feel blessed to witness his skating but sad seeing the rankings at the same time. I think even though we love Hanyu and support him, the reality of his dream over a gold medal didn't measure up in our weak mind and hearts. Today I realize that I love him and admire him even more. Hanyu decides. To care about what others wanted for him is wrong. He could have made history either way, 3rd OGM or 4A and he chose HIS dream. This strength is beautiful. I'm glad that many fans understand and support him because their loud voices at this time makes it easier when emotions are high.

Forever, I wish the best for Yuzuru Hanyu.

The sad truth is that the judges wouldn't have given Yuzu the gold medal even if he would've skated a clean FS. As long as Nathan would've managed to stay more or less on his feet, the gold medal was already his. This is something that had already been decided years ago.

I had hoped that the scoring and judging as the Olympics would be fairer, since it's the biggest stage and not only the ISU, but also the IOC is involved. But when I saw the scores of Nate, Shoma, and Yuma at the team event, I realized that this would be the same shit show as other competitions in the last couple of years. It turned out that I had been too naive and underestimated the shamelessness and corruption of the ISU as well as the IOC. I'm sure Yuzu knows about this better than anyone.

Therefore, I'm glad Yuzu went for his dream and stayed true to himself. He showed again that he's a completely different level. Both his SP and FS are performances that show not only his unique qualities as a skater. They show his character and that he has the highest integrity and extraordinary courage.

It's always such an emotional roller coaster to be Yuzu's fan and admirer. It can be so painful sometimes, when I see him suffering and being mistreated and not given the rewards he clearly deserves. I have to admit that I've been a mess since that terrible fall during practice. And I've basically been crying since his FS last night. I'm just so sad to see him suffering like this.

But being a Yuzu fan is a wonderful journey that I would never want to miss. Knowing him and his sublime skating has been one of the most precious things in my life for me. I just hope that he heals quickly, physically as well as emotionally and spiritually. I also hope he knows how much he is loved, admired, and supported by many, many people all over the world. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

all Yuzuru interview/media press post Olympic

No :(( but feel free to start a thread. The media thread is also a good place to start (fewer pages, only News and media links). Our video section also has videos but they are SLOW to be posted bc olympic videos are hard to download (lots of copyright issues) and my internet is slow these days. I'm still downloading yesterday's practice and then I'll download the FS and the interviews that come after... Also gonna rip NBC too just so anyone who wants to watch it (not that I would) can do so without giving them clicks.

I can download things from JPN TV, let me know what channel and program name / time :)

Hi! Long time lurker here, just popping up to say I've got SP and FS (without commentary) ripped from the olympic channel,but I'm not quite sure on how to share them (I'm uploading them onto a google drive right now)

23 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

No :(( but feel free to start a thread. The media thread is also a good place to start (fewer pages, only News and media links). Our video section also has videos but they are SLOW to be posted bc olympic videos are hard to download (lots of copyright issues) and my internet is slow these days. I'm still downloading yesterday's practice and then I'll download the FS and the interviews that come after... Also gonna rip NBC too just so anyone who wants to watch it (not that I would) can do so without giving them clicks.

I can download things from JPN TV, let me know what channel and program name / time :)

2 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

You never wasted anyone's wishes. All we want is you being happy and healthy.

He never wasted our wishes  :/ he made progress with the 4A, making it the first ever certified one, and he clawed his way from 8th to 4th!! While injured AGAIN! We're all so so proud of him

2 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

You never wasted anyone's wishes. All we want is you being happy and healthy.

Just now, Yuzu_GOAT said:

He never wasted our wishes  :/ he made progress with the 4A, making it the first ever certified one, and he clawed his way from 8th to 4th!! While injured AGAIN! We're all so so proud of him

Exactly. And he is here with us more than 10 years (in senior circle). That is so demanding and he has still so wonderful results and achievements. 4th place is not what he wish and we wish for him but no single our wishes was wasted.