General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It feels like this Olys just crept in :YuzuPoohSad:

Absolutely I am. NOT ready I can only hope that Yuzu is ready for me as well. I mean as in. Ready for ALL OF US. Also lol gonna have to tell my boyfriend I'm not sleeping tonight :shrug:

I loved the new banner. :yahoo:IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! :cheer:Thanks to the Administrators and Planet Hanyu. You are awesome.l!:clapclap4:

I can't sleep well, but after yesterday's training I was calmer and managed to rest. He's healthy and bouncy. No matter what he decides to do, I will support him. I choose Yuzu to win this fight and be very happy with what he does. Ganbate Yuzu!! Ganbate!!:hachimaki:

Lovely new banner!!

Random Question Alert: So I'm watching this interview with Shoma and Sakurai Sho (I'd link but the vid is unlisted so I probably shouldn't) and I noticed that Shoma refers to his coach by "Stephane". Now to western ears that's normal, after all Yuzu calls Orser "Brian". But it struck me that it might sound odd or disrespectful to a Japanese audience. So I was wondering if any native speakers could weigh in on that.

Does it sound strange when a Japanese skater refers to their western coach on tv by their personal name and not their family name or sensei? Like on a face to face basis I'd expect them to do whatever feels comfortable for both parties but maybe you would be expected to be more formal on Japanese tv.

Random question but I'm trying to distract myself until you know what.:words: 

(Also, I always find it freaking hilarious when Sho is doing his serious news caster shtick when I've seen him in his pop idol persona literally dressed in leather pants, sequined shirts and feather boas. Only in Japan. 😂😂)

6 minutes ago, SeimeiOrigin said:

Hi Satellites. Have not been reading many posts lately so I am unaware of where the Olympics event chat is on PH. CAn someone please point me in the right direction? I cannot find it in the events section….. or are we doing SP and FP chat here in the main area?

Thanks

Here's the men's. Its under ISU Championships which confused me. It was locked but I think it's unlocked now.

1 hour ago, SeimeiOrigin said:

Hi Satellites. Have not been reading many posts lately so I am unaware of where the Olympics event chat is on PH. CAn someone please point me in the right direction? I cannot find it in the events section….. or are we doing SP and FP chat here in the main area?

Thanks

This is where satellites have been chatting regarding Yuzu until the SP starts.

Finally finished catching up!
Thank you, admins, for the beautiful Olympic-themed banner❤️ I love the LMEY default icon too!

It’s been a while since I posted anything last time. Spent a month and a half moving while supporting my parents. I’m still busy doing both and won’t have much time to comment on things but am ready to cheer for Yuzu! 
Best of luck, Yuzu, on your third Olympics! Brian said that this Olympic could be the best Olympic for Yuzu, and I believe so too!

https://www.newsweekjapan.jp/stories/world/2022/02/3-297_2.php

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].