General Yuzuru Chat

On 12/6/2021 at 11:37 PM, Yuzuwinnie said:

:thankssign: for sharing this video with us  :headdesk: because, in fact, the fans have a certain overflowing imagination in creation  :heartpound:  , yes 1 day before D-Day for Yuzu's 27th birthday 

I found a collaboration of Citizen and Yuzu on a woman's watch with a music box and I remember that the said music is (I think?) White legend and the price in € is very high 

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/294347556046?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818143230%26meid%3D5047%3D6aid51624%3D5047%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818143230%26meid%3D5047%3D86a516De%3D5047a26a5a51624 26rkt% 3D5% 26sd% 3D224506410429% 26itm% 3D294347556046% 26pmt% 3D1% 26noa% 3D1% 26pg% 3D2047675% 26algv% 3DDefault

OrganicWeb% 26brand% 3DCitizen & _trksid = p2047675.c101224.m-1    and I had seen it on youtube and I cannot find it 

Ditto, I expect the Japanese nationals 

Hello, I have one of these to sell, leave me a message if interested, thanks! :) 

Wow its been several years since I've been here. I didn't realize I was so nervous until last night I dreamed about watching Hanyu's SP live and it didn't end well. I realized I need to be around more levelheaded fans, I can't solo-watch this competition. Last time I was this shaken was Olympics 2018. Time really flies.

Guest Mary_kyo

He is going for the most impossible jump in front of cruel people who clearly proved today that they are hungry to take him down to his retirement. Man, his sole career is just life lessons over and over. 

I, as a mere fan, sometimes feel like breaking down but god, he keeps going and keeps standing up.

25 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Wow its been several years since I've been here. I didn't realize I was so nervous until last night I dreamed about watching Hanyu's SP live and it didn't end well. I realized I need to be around more levelheaded fans, I can't solo-watch this competition. Last time I was this shaken was Olympics 2018. Time really flies.

We've all been there. Personally, I don't feel like a competition has really started until I've had a stress dream that Yuzu bombed his SP and missed the FS cutoff. :consoling2:

Welcome back!

Excerpt of Takeshi Honda's article on "Number" - translated by me.

This is the latter part of the article where he is talking about Yuzuru's 4A.

As I'm not familiar with the technical terms of figure skating, this translation was really difficult. I want to expect you would activate your imagination fully :P

Spoiler

北京五輪では思い切って締めて、4回転を回していくのでは。

In the Beijing Olympics, I think he will tighten up the body drastically to turn the quad (axel).

そしてフリーでは、とうとう4回転アクセルに挑戦しました。両足着氷ですが、回転軸が取れていて、彼が目指している4回転アクセルがイメージできました。

In the free program, he finally tried 4A. He landed on the ice two-footed, but he was able to keep the rotational axis, and I could have an image of 4A he was aiming for.

まず公式練習では「トリプルアクセル+3回転ループ」や「トリプルアクセル+ツイズル」をやっていましたね。僕が子供達にダブルアクセルやトリプルアクセルを教えるときも、そのやり方をします。降りた時にしっかりと右側に体重が残っていないとループやツイズルを出来ません。右側に残すことが、片足で着氷することに繋がっていきます。

First, in the official practice, he was doing "3A + 3Lo" and "3A + twizzles". I take the same way when I teach kids 2A and 3A. If you don't have your weight left on the right side (of your body) fastly when you land, you won't be able to do the loop or twizzles. Keeping the weight on the right side leads to landing with one foot on the ice.

入り方は、チェンジエッジをしたあとに踏み換えて跳ぶ、というもの。彼は様々な入り方が出来る選手ですから、色々と試してみて、一番タイミングが落ち着く入り方にしたのでしょう。チェンジエッジでちょっと反動を付けられるところも含めた作戦かなと思います。

The entry (to the jump) is, after changing edge, change foot and jump. He is a skater who can enter a jump in a variety of ways, so he must have tried various ways and decided on the one with the most comfortable timing. I think his strategy includes a little bounce given by the change-edge.

踏切の瞬間は、左足のエッジを少し横にして滑らせ、側面を使って跳ぶ、スキッドという技術を取り入れています。トウをひっかけて前に跳び出すのではなく、エッジの4分の1ぐらいの面積を使って、滑りながら上がるイメージです。

At the time of taking off, he uses a technique called “skid”, sliding the edge of left foot slightly laid, and jump up using the side (of edge?). Instead of hooking the toe and jumping forward, it is an image of jumping up while sliding, using about a quarter of the area of the edge,.

4回転アクセルをやるなら、スキッドはかけたほうがいいでしょう。踏み切りでエッジ全体を使うため、引っかかるタイミングを調整しやすい。またスキッドをかけると少しストップ気味になるため、高さを出しやすくなります。

If you are going to do 4A, it is better to use skid. It is easier to adjust the timing to get hooked, because you use the entire edge when taking off. Also, when you use skid, you will get slightly stopped, which makes it easier to gain height.

トリプルアクセルのように左足のトウに引っかけて前に跳び出していくのは、4回転半になると難しくなります。羽生選手も4回転アクセルに挑み始めたころは、トリプルアクセルをさらに大きく跳ぼうと考えた時期もありましたが、今は高さを出して回転軸を作る方向性だと思います。

When it comes to 4A, it is more difficult to jump forward by hooking the toe of the left foot as in 3A. When Hanyu-senshu started to challenge 4A, there was a time when he thought of jumping 3A even bigger, but now I think he is going in the direction of creating a rotational axis with height.

今回の全日本選手権での4回転アクセルは両足着氷でしたが、これはあえてそういう跳び方を選んでいました。最後まで回しきることを意識して跳んだら、転倒のリスクが大きいですし、その後のプログラムがどうなるかという難しさもあります。試合で初めて挑戦したことを考えると、両足で降りて、次の慣れにつなげるのは正解だったと思います。ですから、北京五輪では思い切って(身体を)締めて、4回転半を回していくのではないかな、と思います。

At the Nationals, he landed 4A two-footed, but he chose to do it that way. If he jumps it with the intention of turning to the end, there would be a big risk of falling, and it would be difficult to see how the rest of the program would turn out. Considering the fact that it was his first try in a competition, it was the right decision to land two-footed, and get used to it. So, I think that in the Beijing Olympics, he will tighten up (the body) drastically to turn 4A to the end.

全日本選手権から五輪までの1カ月半は、両足で降りることを優先して練習していくと思います。片足で無理に降りようとすると、怪我のリスクが高いですから。あとは本番、どんな形で成功させるのか、または回転が認定されるところまで回して両足着氷にするのか、と言った戦術になっていくと思います。

During the one and a half month time from the Nationals to the Olympics, I think he will practice with priority on landing two-footed. There is a high risk of injury if he tries to land one-footed forcibly. After that, it's up to his strategy to decide how he will make it success on the actual stage, or whether he is going to rotate to the point where the rotation (of four and a half) is certified and land two-footed.

In another magazine, "Figure Skate Fan", Yoshie Noguchi reported that the practice of 3A + 3Lo is to create a rotational axis tightly.

In any case, Yuzuru's practice of 3A plus is for 4A. That's for sure.