General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

This really sounds like Yuzu is aiming to be in Beijing at the latest minute possible. Monday the earliest. If it were up to him probably just before his SP skate on that same day.

Not even possible in current situation, having to isolate until PCR results. Plus, not practicing on the actual competition ice? I don't believe he would willingly make this decision. Eh, waiting continues.

haa, finally we got his comment, and confirmed that he would go to Beijing.

What a day!

I have never experienced...

According to other athletes in Japan, they have test one day before the departure (probably, 72 hours

Now Japan is 10PM. Tomorrow morning, he would leave. Probably, he stays in Tokyo tonight.

14 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

i just hope there isnt any last minute entry issue if he is going to arrive that late. there is jetlag to also consider. i would think he also needs to feel the ice at the mainrink and the atmosphere. idk when he will decide to come but it seems not less dangerous as a choice. sighs 

luckily the jetlag isn't *too* much since China and Japan are relatively close, but I hope we get to see Yuzu soon!

17 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

i just hope there isnt any last minute entry issue if he is going to arrive that late. there is jetlag to also consider. i would think he also needs to feel the ice at the mainrink and the atmosphere. idk when he will decide to come but it seems not less dangerous as a choice. sighs 

Jetlag is not gonna be a problem. Tokyo is only an hour ahead of Beijing. 

23 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Don't think there'll be jetlag since flight from Japan to Beijing only takes between 3 hrs to 4.5 hrs.

I have hopes that Yuzuru has got a bubble of his own and will stick with it in Beijing- there are a number of covid cases popping up in the various groups at the Olympics, including Lambiel, and frankly I’d prefer him to do the k&c on his own if it means steering clear of the virus.