General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

When I asked IOC to correct the mistake in an article on Yuzu around the Pyeongchang Olympics, they immediately (within 10 hours or so) replied telling me that they had fixed it. They were a little bit better back then :dry:

This is my response:

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Olympics. This is an auto-reply email to acknowledge your request. We will get back to you with a (human) response as soon as possible.

You may find the response to your question in our FAQ section.

If you have any additional information that you think will help us to assist you, please reply to this email.

Kind regards from the support team at Olympics.
Please note that we do not respond to opinions or business proposals.

ahh I see many of us are frustrated about the olympic site. I can def hear you folks. It hurts that they were all acting fanyu ish before until lately. I do feel like they used Yuzu for exposure and have started to drop him and focus on overall fs.  But I am hoping maybe we could move away from emailing the minor things like how his achievements are updated on the olympic site? I just feel like we cant really expect them to do everything right all the time. so what if the person updating it isnt his fan or maybe an anti. at the end of the day it doesnt hurt him as much  as the judging does. and it might just make us look more like nitpicking fans. Im not saying we are and I am aware that fanyus will always be looked at with prejudice regardless of whether we are voicing the truth or not. just that we have to pick our battles and stuff like this isnt worth our fight

Anyway, im hoping if we are going to spend our precious energy it would be more on awaring them about their own panel. Maybe not even mentioning about Yuzu but about the issue of scoring in general. If we send them enough of this same topic i hope there is a 1% they do take notice. Just my two cents. but im gonna def email them about it without exposing im a fanyu bc that shouldnt even matter. All athletes deserve fair judging esp on this stage. but even i doubt it will move a feather :headdesk2:

Guest turquoiseblue
23 minutes ago, barbara said:

This is my response:

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Olympics. This is an auto-reply email to acknowledge your request. We will get back to you with a (human) response as soon as possible.

You may find the response to your question in our FAQ section.

If you have any additional information that you think will help us to assist you, please reply to this email.

Kind regards from the support team at Olympics.
Please note that we do not respond to opinions or business proposals.

That's what I got today, too. 

And you will receive this within several days :unsure2:

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

32 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

ahh I see many of us are frustrated about the olympic site. I can def hear you folks. It hurts that they were all acting fanyu ish before until lately. I do feel like they used Yuzu for exposure and have started to drop him and focus on overall fs.  But I am hoping maybe we could move away from emailing the minor things like how his achievements are updated on the olympic site? I just feel like we cant really expect them to do everything right all the time. so what if the person updating it isnt his fan or maybe an anti. at the end of the day it doesnt hurt him as much  as the judging does. and it might just make us look more like nitpicking fans. Im not saying we are and I am aware that fanyus will always be looked at with prejudice regardless of whether we are voicing the truth or not. just that we have to pick our battles and stuff like this isnt worth our fight

Anyway, im hoping if we are going to spend our precious energy it would be more on awaring them about their own panel. Maybe not even mentioning about Yuzu but about the issue of scoring in general. If we send them enough of this same topic i hope there is a 1% they do take notice. Just my two cents. but im gonna def email them about it without exposing im a fanyu bc that shouldnt even matter. All athletes deserve fair judging esp on this stage. but even i doubt it will move a feather :headdesk2:

I see your point...but I have e mailed already!

It's difficult for many of us NOT to see this stuff as part of a drip drip approach to undermining Yuzuru and his achievements - even if it is a genuine mistake, the problem is it keeps happening to Yuzuru! and then we wonder how? Why only him? He has said before he sees us sticking up for him and he appreciates it.

Anyway as you say, the main issue is the judging. A number of things seem to have been happening in recent times about this with people speaking out (at least a little more) about inflated scores - however it seems the Russian women's situation is noticed very much more than the Chenflation or any other dodgy scoring that might happen ...

I hope Yuzuru has the mind set of being really motivated by the additional hurdles he has to overcome, and him going out there without debilitating nerves but with a fierce determination to show everyone his marvellous impossible best, regardless of the outcome.

8 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I see your point...but I have e mailed already!

It's difficult for many of us NOT to see this stuff as part of a drip drip approach to undermining Yuzuru and his achievements - even if it is a genuine mistake, the problem is it keeps happening to Yuzuru! and then we wonder how? Why only him? He has said before he sees us sticking up for him and he appreciates it.

Anyway as you say, the main issue is the judging. A number of things seem to have been happening in recent times about this with people speaking out (at least a little more) about inflated scores - however it seems the Russian women's situation is noticed very much more than the Chenflation or any other dodgy scoring that might happen ...

I hope Yuzuru has the mind set of being really motivated by the additional hurdles he has to overcome, and him going out there without debilitating nerves but with a fierce determination to show everyone his marvellous impossible best, regardless of the outcome.

Yh i mean at the end of the day we cant help being a fan. Good luck! hopefully it makes a difference

and about that. yeah to me the amercan media and reporters are doing their best to deflect the scoring issue by pushing the focus on russian scoring. how ironic and hyprocritical of them! Like if the russians get high 80s that doesnt justify the fact some of ur girls gets high 70s for those performances. and then u have Chenflation and Zhouflation. Two wrongs dont make a right folks. 

59 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I'll go ahead and send another message regarding the general scoring insanity - but, hey, we are Fanyus.  Of course we will complain about how they are treating Yuzu.  Indeed, they are not "shorting" the accomplishments of other skaters.  Just Yuzu.  They should be made aware that they are noticed.  (Also, I doubt any complaint regarding the judging - and the panel for Men's is particularly troublesome - will move the needle.  And I doubt they will notice that it's the same person complaining about scoring and their continued behavior towards Yuzu.)

6 hours ago, barbara said:

I'll go ahead and send another message regarding the general scoring insanity - but, hey, we are Fanyus.  Of course we will complain about how they are treating Yuzu.  Indeed, they are not "shorting" the accomplishments of other skaters.  Just Yuzu.  They should be made aware that they are noticed.  (Also, I doubt any complaint regarding the judging - and the panel for Men's is particularly troublesome - will move the needle.  And I doubt they will notice that it's the same person complaining about scoring and their continued behavior towards Yuzu.)

I did it too! I just sent an email to ask that they consider replacing Martinez and Maeda hahah lets see if that happens lmao and ask them to let us know if they want to know more about the scoring situation bc we have stats and lot and lots of them 

---

off topic but I was watching a video of Sasha's 3a attempts and realized she never landed the jump in competition. but the fact she is still trying is bc its worth around the same as a 2a as long as she rotates it and her score doesnt seem to suffer too much. But on the other hand i realized with Yuzu's situation its so different bc if he underrotates the 4a and lands 2 ft his score will be like at nationals which is only 3 to 4 pts, basically less than what one would score with a 2a with positive goe or the same as a fall 3a. But if he falls its gonna be worst bc he will also get a -1. It is so much harder to fall and rotate a 4a than fall and rotate a 3a. And if he is able to rotate the 4a and they dont give him a phantom << or q it then he gets at the most 5.25 pts with a deduction. lol imagine a 4a worth 16 points you will start seeing people trying it risking a fall since it would still worth 7 pts. but 5.25? How can a jump thats harder than a 4-3 combo worth only 12.5. this is a question that still gets you wondering at 4am

Some skaters did triple axel with 3 rotations by prerotating so much they took off backward. but they got 8.8 pts +4 and +5 goes so 12ish pts

Yuzu did 4 ish rotations got 4.17 pts 

:deadinside: its time Yuzu learn their twisting technique

14小时前, Mary_kyo说:

Well, at this rate, Yuzu skating clean with him landing 4A to his satisfaction is enough to me. Whether a totally corrupted system will give him his deserving gold is out of my interest. He is far beyond all of them combined.

I always said the consistency of overscored skaters such as Nathan is due to his knowledge that the judges are on his side (plus his empty programs that he knows will be highly scored regardless of their emptiness). Such a dirty battle and dirty competitors.

I just hope that Yuzu manages to endure this mental battle and skate clean (he proved he is completely capable of that). Clean performances of Yuzu will go down the history, no matter the color of the medal.

In a fair world, nobody could beat Yuzu's two clean skates with 4A (IMO even without 4A), Yuzu knows about it. If he nails it but still loses to Nathan, it will just show how ridiculous the scoring system is right now. To me, all I care about is if Yuzu could be satisfied about himself and happy. These four years have been pretty tough for Yuzu, mentally and physically. I can't even imagine how could he keep challenging his physical limits while enduring injuries after injuries, let alone the enormous mental pressure to fight on two grounds, the unknown 4A and the unfair competitions. Skating god, please, protect him and give him what he deserves.:snonegai: