General Yuzuru Chat

The ISU might resist as much as possible AI judging but that won't stop the skating broadcasters from doing it and they, of course, will let the public know how inept or biased the judges are.  There's nothing the ISU can do to stop the networks from using AI technology since the ISU is not in a position to stand against the money these networks bring to skating.  Basically the ISU is in a Catch-22 situation, they will lose one way or another, one way by taking up AI technology and showing the emperor has no clothes, or they will lose because the networks and their commentators will use it.  l shed no tears here for the ISU.

3 hours ago, Melodie said:

But remember he said he would not expect a 4A landed (well) in his lifetime? Is he taking over Yuzu's position as the ultimate troll or what lol

He's doing PR for himself, so that when Yuzu does land it then he can say that he helped land an impossible jump that he never thought he would see :'> It will make him look good to have been a part of that

Edit: And if Yuzu fails (which he won't) then he can just say "i told you so"

18 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

He's doing PR for himself, so that when Yuzu does land it then he can say that he helped land an impossible jump that he never thought he would see :'> It will make him look good to have been a part of that

This also tells me that Mishin probably knows how close Yuzu is. :grin:

Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

4A is a group project between legends at this rate, I'm loving this.

[NEWS]

Here is the English translation:

36 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Oh, absolutely right. He knows what he's doing. He's got himself positioned to be " looking good " no matter what happens. Putting that little glimpse of a chat out there increases his cachet.  The release of that info was carefully calculated. 

But if any advice he's given helps yuzu land it, fine with me.... Even if he tries to take all the credit, he's not the one jumping. 

16 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

he sounds and looks like everything is according to his plan :devil3:

That's what I'm thinking, too. He sounds and looks confident. I guess he's already landed the 4A cleanly. Perhaps he can even already land it on a regular basis.

I'm so grateful that Yuzu is getting so much support from other great athletes and experts. It feels like everything is coming together for him. Exciting times are ahead of us. :studsmatta:

7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

That's what I'm thinking, too. He sounds and looks confident. I guess he's already landed the 4A cleanly. Perhaps he can even already land it on a regular basis.

I'm so grateful that Yuzu is getting so much support from other great athletes and experts. It feels like everything is coming together for him. Exciting times are ahead of us. :studsmatta:

I'm thrilled that Yuzu's narrative is getting a life of its own, creating buzz worldwide, from broadcasters to the sporting world to the man in the street. It is definitely a highlight of the 2022 Winter Olympics and will be remembered for generations to come.

As the 4A is in unchartered water (and considered humanly impossible in FS) , Yuzu needs to think out of the box for his training. It is imperative that other great athletes like Kohei Uchimura and Kenzō Shirai are stepping up at this juncture to share experiences with/offer tips to Yuzu in his quest for 4A, thereby displaying great characters and bringing sporting spirit to a new level.

With their input, I hope Yuzu achieves a major breakthrough in his training, in time for the debut of a ratified 4A at the Olys. Praying for the best possible outcome for Yuzu

:smiley-angelic001:.:smiley-angelic001:.:smiley-angelic001:.:smiley-angelic001:

So, at this rate, is it going to be the Beijing Olympics we watch, or the first International Multidisciplinary Academic Symposium on Extreme Human Achievement in Figure Skating through Creating and Landing the 4A with Yuzuru Hanyu, B.Sc*° as convenor? 

They're all going to be in Beijing anyway, might as well get the research done

*does anyone know what Yuzu's academic letters are? Is he Bachelors or Masters?

° thanks @Geo1

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So, at this rate, is it going to be the Beijing Olympics we watch, or the first International Multidisciplinary Academic Symposium on Extreme Human Achievement in Figure Skating through Creating and Landing the 4A with Yuzuru Hanyu, M.Sc* as convenor? 

They're all going to be in Beijing anyway, might as well get the research done

*does anyone know what Yuzu's academic letters are? Is he Bachelors or Masters?

I believe that it’s a Bachelors degree.