General Yuzuru Chat

This is my summary of the ongoing FS saga (sorry, this image stuck in my head for the longest time so I thought I'll share it here).

In the absence of a legitimate heir to the throne, due to his exceptional talent and skills, a teen Yuzu was ‘welcomed’ as the adopted son for the kingdom. Coupled with his sincere heart and noble character, the king became well-loved and respected by people over time. In return, his love for and appreciation of them is apparent. Meantime, the court (governing bodies) tolerated his presence and reign while praying fervently for a son.  Their prayers were finally answered after waiting for more than a decade. When their own son came of age, they decided to dethrone the current king through political machinations despite him doing an excellent job in his reign. They tried every means to forcefully take the crown away from him. The ‘adopted son’ was confused and deeply hurt by such treatment and fought back but alas, ended up injured multiple times. But he is a force to be reckoned with, not to be underestimated. This warrior king doesn’t give up and is fighting back strongly, stronger than ever, preparing to face the biggest battle of his life in Feb.. In the meantime, people are praying, waiting for the return and crowning of the true king.

Praying for justice to prevail, safety and good health for the warrior king. May you achieve historic feats at the Beijing Olympics. :smiley-angelic001: :smiley-angelic001: :smiley-angelic001: :smiley-angelic001:

I'm sure Yuzu would have a great interest in this technology.

Please note the sentence "...thus, achieving stable and visualized competition judging." The question is, would the ISU and various national feds even be willing to implement fair and unbiased judging and scoring? After all, this kind of technology would take away their power to manipulate competition results according to their will and preferences. :dry:

14 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

In my opinion this is extremely important! If I understand this correctly, there are people inside ISU who are aware of how superior Yuzu is. I wouldn't be surprised if this was really true: Yuzu presents the judges the finest details of his skills and silently shakes his head when, again, they just haven't spotted them. Because this seems to be all he can do if they are not inclined to give him the scores he deserves and nobody launches an official protest. And if so, having observed the judges not seeing every detail, he has used this observation in his thesis as an argument for AI, explaining that it's just human that the judges don't see every detail. How smart and kind of him! OK, so there is an ISU representative who openly admits how brilliant Yuzu is! Shouldn't this be a wake-up call for the judges? Can (and will!) they go on underscoring him? 

I believe most judges - and the ISU - know very well that Yuzu is superior in every way. After all, judges are trained to see these things. If even we as normal fans can see the obvious differences in quality, then trained experts must see them. But unfortunately, it's one thing to see and know that Yuzu's quality is higher and another thing to actually act on this knowledge and give him the rewards he deserves.

I think this is the reason why the ISU is so reluctant to introduce any kind of modern technology to aid in scoring and judging. The more technology is used, the more objectivity there is. This means that the ISU, certain feds, and judges would lose the power to shower their favorites with candies and give them preferential treatment.

I wonder how the ISU will react to the AI technology for scoring figure skating that was recently launched. How much longer can they hold on to their corruption and power games with the existence of such tech?

18 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Practice schedule! 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

The schedule reminds me of that the Olympics are getting closer ...:smiley_hairpull:

8 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I know that most of you have seen the NHK program, "Spirit of the Athletes: Road to the Gold Medal"(with English subtitles), but I thought it was appropriate to post it here so that those of you who may be inclined can watch this inspirational documentary of Yuzu's fight to recover from a devastating injury, his intelligent analysis of the situation and formulation of strategy, his grit and determination, and the encouragement and wise advice provided by Ghislain, all leading to his second consecutive Olympic gold medal victory

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6h43hx

Thank you for sharing. I'm feeling a bit sentimental now after seeing this. :softYuzu:

Yuzu's determination is really very impressive. :heartpound:

By the way

Anjo Cagmat Alimario (Senior Correspondent from CNN Philippines) has retweeted this post by Olympics

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

And Shizuka is right! Yuzu's accomplishments will never go away, just like we will always love and cherish him no matter what. :loveshower:

[NEWS]

Sounds like he feels quite a bit under pressure.....hope he can blend it out and just focus on his skating.

And don't be afraid Yuzu, please.

I know what he means. Sadly, it happens that one action or missed win will blend out all the previous accomplishments in the eye of the public. The typical "fall of the hero" phenomenon.

But Yuzu, please trust us fans, we wont let you fall! And noone can take what you have done so far from you.

1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

Sounds like he feels quite a bit under pressure.....hope he can blend it out and just focus on his skating.

And don't be afraid Yuzu, please.

I know what he means. Sadly, it happens that one action or missed win will blend out all the previous accomplishments in the eye of the public. The typical "fall of the hero" phenomenon.

But Yuzu, please trust us fans, we wont let you fall! And noone can take what you have done so far from you.

I can't even imagine the pressure Yuzu must be feeling. It's no wonder that he's anxious about it. But if there's anybody who can overcome his fear and be the best he can be, it's Yuzu. He has already experienced great disappointments and injustice and he has come back even stronger. I believe he's so focused and has such a strong mind that he can blend out all distractions when it matters. Stay healthy and happy, Yuzu! We are always with you no matter what. :smiley-angelic001:

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I'm sure Yuzu would have a great interest in this technology.

Please note the sentence "...thus, achieving stable and visualized competition judging." The question is, would the ISU and various national feds even be willing to implement fair and unbiased judging and scoring? After all, this kind of technology would take away their power to manipulate competition results according to their will and preferences. :dry:

Can you imagine how dominant Yuzu would have been in an era with AI scoring? The very thought must send the ISU into panic mode. The part of me that dreads his r*****ment hopes that the prospect of exposing the corruption in scoring with the help of the technology will induce him to compete for a few more seasons. Even if the tech is only deployed unofficially, the gap between the AI scores and the judges’ scores will make a mockery of the current system.