General Yuzuru Chat

Guest turquoiseblue
3 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

This person was standing close to Yuzu in the warm up area and wrote about Yuzu’s jumps having so much power (I hope anyone can properly translate)!

Here you are :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
On 1/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, Mary_kyo said:

The thing is if they admit that Yuzu’s main feature is him being an all-rounder skater, it will put a big question mark on the high GOEs and PCS of Nate. They have created a huge monster out of Nate to beat Yuzu and they have to continue this game till they achieve that OGM for Nate. It just gets very ridiculous when they want to hype Jason as an “artistic” skater but have to give similar PCS to him and Nate lmao. Meanwhile they want to advertise Yuzu as a mere “popular” skater, past his prime, who is inferior to Jason and Nate in artistic and technical aspects, respectively. They can’t accept that there is an “Asian” skater who is doing what both “American” skaters can’t do and that is blending both aspects of FS perfectly and with high quality. In general, it seems accepting the GOAT being Japanese is very hard for some of the officials and skaters, espeically the "white" ones.

Nathan fans have to point out that no one can do what he does (though a lot of youngsters are really starting to catch up with much higher quality quads, especially this season), and Jason fans tend to point out that no one can do what HE does (i mean sure, no one can skate the exact program in the exact way that he does, not that they try) but... they "point" these things out to make it seem like it's okay for Nate and Jason to both be missing a large part of what a complete skater should have, because no one can have it all...but look at these Americans, they have it (separately!). While ignoring that if you just look outside the US, there's a *gasp* skater who has both.

16 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Nathan fans have to point out that no one can do what he does (though a lot of youngsters are really starting to catch up with much higher quality quads, especially this season), and Jason fans tend to point out that no one can do what HE does (i mean sure, no one can skate the exact program in the exact way that he does, not that they try) but... they "point" these things out to make it seem like it's okay for Nate and Jason to both be missing a large part of what a complete skater should have, because no one can have it all...but look at these Americans, they have it (separately!). While ignoring that if you just look outside the US, there's a *gasp* skater who has both.

Of course US fans say no-one is as good at Nathan at jumps, and no one is as beautifully artistic as Jason - Yuzu himself says that other skaters are better than him at some things, but he has also acknowledged when asked what his strengths are that his strengths are everything! And that is true, he's excels at everything. And currently, no-one else does.

Guest turquoiseblue

A lucky Fanyu from Germany received the Citizen x Yuzu watch :clapping-smiley: It's always heartwarming to see Fanyus helping each other :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw: The love and support has been heartening and inspirational :10742289:

11 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

[NEWS]

In my opinion this is extremely important! If I understand this correctly, there are people inside ISU who are aware of how superior Yuzu is. I wouldn't be surprised if this was really true: Yuzu presents the judges the finest details of his skills and silently shakes his head when, again, they just haven't spotted them. Because this seems to be all he can do if they are not inclined to give him the scores he deserves and nobody launches an official protest. And if so, having observed the judges not seeing every detail, he has used this observation in his thesis as an argument for AI, explaining that it's just human that the judges don't see every detail. How smart and kind of him! OK, so there is an ISU representative who openly admits how brilliant Yuzu is! Shouldn't this be a wake-up call for the judges? Can (and will!) they go on underscoring him? 

3 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

In my opinion this is extremely important! If I understand this correctly, there are people inside ISU who are aware of how superior Yuzu is. I wouldn't be surprised if this was really true: Yuzu presents the judges the finest details of his skills and silently shakes his head when, again, they just haven't spotted them. Because this seems to be all he can do if they are not inclined to give him the scores he deserves and nobody launches an official protest. And if so, having observed the judges not seeing every detail, he has used this observation in his thesis as an argument for AI, explaining that it's just human that the judges don't see every detail. How smart and kind of him! OK, so there is an ISU representative who openly admits how brilliant Yuzu is! Shouldn't this be a wake-up call for the judges? Can (and will!) they go on underscoring him? 

JSF will need to move their a** for the judges to change their judging IMO. If you notice, these judges who raise their voice are not currently judging. But, it is nice to know his qualities are recognized from the ISU circle, absolutely.

4 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

JSF will need to move their a** for the judges to change their judging IMO. If you notice, these judges who raise their voice are not currently judging. But, it is nice to know his qualities are recognized from the ISU circle, absolutely.

The JSF needs to complain and put pressure on the ISU regarding the unfair scoring, but this will never happen because the powers that be within the JSF are willfully blind and will continue behaving like the Three Wise Monkeys.

50 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

The JSF needs to complain and put pressure on the ISU regarding the unfair scoring, but this will never happen because the powers that be within the JSF are willfully blind and will continue behaving like the Three Wise Monkeys.

Yeah, very sadly so.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

In my bitter opinion, JSF is more like Three Blind Mice:fire:

It's hard to believe that four years have passed since PyeongChang. It seems like yesterday that we saw Yuzu and Javi hugging each other emotionally with Shoma trapped awkwardly in the middle. Yet now, we find ourselves barely 12 days from the start of the 2022 Beijing Olympic Games and seeing Yuzu competing in the Team SP.

I know that most of you have seen the NHK program, "Spirit of the Athletes: Road to the Gold Medal"(with English subtitles), but I thought it was appropriate to post it here so that those of you who may be inclined can watch this inspirational documentary of Yuzu's fight to recover from a devastating injury, his intelligent analysis of the situation and formulation of strategy, his grit and determination, and the encouragement and wise advice provided by Ghislain, all leading to his second consecutive Olympic gold medal victory

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6h43hx

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

In my bitter opinion, JSF is more like Three Blind Mice:fire:

Yes, I agree that the image of "three blind mice" seems more fitting for the JSF, but the nursery rhyme dates from 1609 and refers to three Protestant loyalists who were accused of plotting against Queen Mary, a Catholic. The farmer's wife refers to the Queen who with her husband, King Philip of Spain, owned large estates. The three plotters were burned at the stake. In the nursery rhyme, the "blindness" of the mice was their fatal adherence to the Protestant faith.

I chose to compare the JSF with the Three Wise Monkeys because they represent the proverbial saying, "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil," which is now generally used sarcastically against those who, through selfishness, cowardice or lack of moral fiber, choose to turn a blind eye to wrongdoing and refuse to speak out against injustice.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Yes, I agree that the image of "three blind mice" seems more fitting for the JSF, but the nursery rhyme dates from 1609 and refers to three Protestant loyalists who were accused of plotting against Queen Mary, a Catholic. The farmer's wife refers to the Queen who with her husband, King Philip of Spain, owned large estates. The three plotters were burned at the stake. In the nursery rhyme, the "blindness" of the mice was their fatal adherence to the Protestant faith.

I chose to compare the JSF with the Three Wise Monkeys because they represent the proverbial saying, "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil," which is now generally used sarcastically against those who, through selfishness, cowardice or lack of moral fiber, choose to turn a blind eye to wrongdoing and refuse to speak out against injustice.

Indeed!  This is situation also describes the current political situation in many countries, including Japan. We are all suffering this terrible pandemic of wretched human condition everywhere.   In this darkness, Yuzu dares to expose their mendacity - not by brandishing pitchforks or throwing incendiary bottles - but by skating to truth and beauty.   As one of the journalists at the post-Olympic Foreign Correspondents Club interview said in his introduction, Yuzu's skating represents the Truth.  

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

It's hard to believe that four years have passed since PyeongChang. It seems like yesterday that we saw Yuzu and Javi hugging each other emotionally with Shoma trapped awkwardly in the middle. Yet now, we find ourselves barely 12 days from the start of the 2022 Beijing Olympic Games and seeing Yuzu competing in the Team SP.

I know that most of you have seen the NHK program, "Spirit of the Athletes: Road to the Gold Medal"(with English subtitles), but I thought it was appropriate to post it here so that those of you who may be inclined can watch this inspirational documentary of Yuzu's fight to recover from a devastating injury, his intelligent analysis of the situation and formulation of strategy, his grit and determination, and the encouragement and wise advice provided by Ghislain, all leading to his second consecutive Olympic gold medal victory

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6h43hx

Time flies, maybe it is also because he had many injuries and was away from the ice , these past seasons were never felt like a full season *at least for me*. But here we are on another olympic with Yuzu aiming 4A. 4 years ago i couldn't dare to say him competing on another olympic (i just wished for it in my heart) but he does. This man is incredible.