General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

This is why I’m hoping that whoever Belinda Noonan is commentating for is somehow available to me because I can’t bear the many many sycophants this occupation 

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

Oh me too! I think it was previously OBS - Olympic Broadcasting Services - hopefully she will commentate again for them and we will have access to this Broadcaster!  I am sure it was Belinda that I heard commentating when I watched PC live from the UK (was it via Eurosport?? I'm not sure) - I'll never forget the "it's like liquid gold" comment she made at the end of Chopin, it was such an apt description! I can absolutely remember the feeling I had as Yuzu did his last spin, it was awe at his skill, to return from injury in that way and to present something so beautiful - liquid gold indeed. I can't wait to see Rondo again - 2 weeeeeeksss !!! (to the team short - do we know who in Team Japan are doing which programmes?? I imagine if Yuzu participates in the team event, it would be the short?)

Belinda Noonan's commentary was right on point. What I found irritating was the inane banter from her fellow commentator, Jim Horne. Someone should tell him that it’s better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. Jim Horne reminded me of the character "Buck Laughlin" played by Fred Willard in the movie "Best in Show", a spoof of dog shows, who was the colour commentator who obviously knew nothing about dogs or dog shows.

When the scores came out, Belinda clearly thought that Yuzu was underscored and was questioning the judging when she said:

"What's it really going to take?"

"How do you improve on that?" I.e., How do you improve on perfection (and why do the scores not reflect that)?”

PS: I was born in Japan on February 4, so Yuzu will be skating the Team SP on my birthday! Hoping that he gives me a winning clean Rondo Capriccioso for my birthday present!

9 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

This is why I’m hoping that whoever Belinda Noonan is commentating for is somehow available to me because I can’t bear the many many sycophants this occupation 

I'm hoping Belinda for the figure skating commentary for Olys as well. If she's going to be a commentator, it's most likely to be doing it for channel 7 Australia. They have an online streaming on 7plus. You may be able to register using VPN.

12 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Mark Hanretty et d'autres commentateurs, comme Rod Black lors des Internationaux Patinage Canada 2019, évitent consciemment d'appeler Yuzu "le plus grand de tous les temps" même en le louant. Le plus proche qu'ils obtiennent est "l'un des plus grands". Ils ne manquent jamais de mentionner Nathan et qu'il a battu Yuzu à plusieurs reprises depuis le SP à PyeongChang. Presque tous les commentateurs anglophones, dont Simon Reed, Chris Howarth et Kurt Browning, se plient à l'ISU et à son programme.

Tanith White est le seul que j'ai entendu parler de Yuzu comme "Le plus grand de tous les temps" lors d'un segment de pré-patinage artistique NBC des Jeux olympiques de PyeongChang concernant la célébrité de Yuzu avec Liam McHugh et Scott Hamilton. Liam McHugh a posé la question: "S'il (Yuzuru Hanyu) gagne ici, le plus grand de tous les temps?" Scott Hamilton, bien sûr, a déclaré que Dick Button était le plus grand de tous les temps. Tanith White a répondu : « Ouais, pourquoi pas ? Absolument! S'il gagne ici, le plus grand de tous les temps !... N'en déplaise à Dick Button.

OH attend , ils en sont a ce mépris total les commentateurs US >:( :smiley-shocked032: et , bien sûr je ne les entend pas en Europe ( et de toutes façon je ne comprendrais pas grand chose :/ ) et donc l'ISU a une certaine " force " pour les commentateurs écrasent Yuzu : alors pourquoi cet acharnement " anti Yuzu " ?? et , donc , aux JO j'essaierais ( j'ai eue le calendrier JO avec les horaires France ) et la plupart sont en pleine nuit .... ) pour écouter N Monfort / P Candeloro que j'ai vu plusieurs fois a FOI et ami de Yuzu / A Dumond  et pour ce que tu as écrit sur le proverbe , c'est comme les " fameux 3 singes " qui sont d'origine Japonaise https://www.culture-generale.fr/divers/3257-les-trois-singes (sorry it's in French) and AH YES I hope Yuzu will give you a great birthday present on February 4th with a Rondo  :2thumbsup: and ALL of us :wink2:too

Dispostif-patinage-France-tv-sport-jeux-olympiques-hiver-2022-Pe%CC%81kin.png

4 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Oh wait, they have this total disregard for US commentators  > :( :smiley-shocked032: and, of course, I don't hear them in Europe (and anyway I wouldn't understand much  :/ ) and so the ISU has a certain "force" for commentators crush Yuzu: so why this "anti Yuzu" relentlessness?? and, therefore, at the Olympics I would try (I had the Olympics calendar with the French timetables) and most of them are in the middle of the night ....) to listen to N Monfort / P Candeloro whom I have seen several times on FOI and friend of Yuzu / A Dumond and for what you wrote on the proverb, it's like the "famous 3 monkeys" which are of Japanese origin  https://www.culture-generale.fr/divers/3257- the-three-monkeys (sorry it's in French) and AH YES I hope that Yuzu will give you a great birthday present on February 4th with a Rondo  :2thumbs up: and all of us  :wink2:too

Device-skating-France-tv-sport-olympic-games-winter-2022-Pe%CC%81kin.png

Sorry, I just realized that Google Translate, did not translate everything into English this writing and THANK YOU for your understanding 

7 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Some injuries have been reported so far.

I hope no more serious damage :smiley-angelic001:

Thank you for your concern.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/97734f758c1fab24f95bd16a4564efc901f0bff5

Thank you for the updated report - I hope the injured people recover well and there are no more injuries reported.