General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

[NEWS]

Former ice dancer Mark Hanretty talks about Yuzu:

Most Memorable Olympic Ice Skating Moments with Mark Hanretty

Honestly I'm not so keen on what he said about Yuzu. The first part is nice, but I don't like that he adds that Yuzu landing the 4A will make him a legendary figure in figure skating history.  Yuzu is already one, he doesn't need to land the 4A, if he does though that's just the cherry on top.  But I'd like it if people credited Yuzu more for being the reason guys have to jump multiple quads (and more difficult quads) because his skating quality and performance is so high. 

2小时前, Yuzu_GOAT说:

I'm autistic and two of my main special interests are figure skating/yuzu and politics (I'm actually an international relations student)

So glad you find your passion in these two things. I am actually a PhD in international relations . My love for Yuzu leads me to figure skating world, which turns out to be an interesting area to watch in terms of international politics. I know there is politics in sports, but I guess following figure skating closely really shows me how it works. Just a recent example, (to my ignorance), I just knew the  Olympic fs schedule is tailored to American audience, even at the cost of the convenience of the athletes. But in my ideal mind, sports should be the purist place for human being to challenge its limit and we should all protect the athletes who represent us to challenge the human limit.  But of course, I was too naive.  

Guest Mary_kyo
4 hours ago, Pammi said:

I agree that he really should have also said about Yuzuru being a superior all round skater, especially with his own discipline being ice dance, but as you say it seems like everyone has been instructed never to mention that!

The thing is if they admit that Yuzu’s main feature is him being an all-rounder skater, it will put a big question mark on the high GOEs and PCS of Nate. They have created a huge monster out of Nate to beat Yuzu and they have to continue this game till they achieve that OGM for Nate. It just gets very ridiculous when they want to hype Jason as an “artistic” skater but have to give similar PCS to him and Nate lmao. Meanwhile they want to advertise Yuzu as a mere “popular” skater, past his prime, who is inferior to Jason and Nate in artistic and technical aspects, respectively. They can’t accept that there is an “Asian” skater who is doing what both “American” skaters can’t do and that is blending both aspects of FS perfectly and with high quality. In general, it seems accepting the GOAT being Japanese is very hard for some of the officials and skaters, espeically the "white" ones.

6 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

The thing is if they admit that Yuzu’s main feature is him being an all-rounder skater, it will put a big question mark on the high GOEs and PCS of Nate. They have created a huge monster out of Nate to beat Yuzu and they have to continue this game till they achieve that OGM for Nate. It just gets very ridiculous when they want to hype Jason as an “artistic” skater but have to give similar PCS to him and Nate lmao. Meanwhile they want to advertise Yuzu as a mere “popular” skater, past his prime, who is inferior to Jason and Nate in artistic and technical aspects, respectively. They can’t accept that there is an “Asian” skater who is doing what both “American” skaters can’t do and that is blending both aspects of FS perfectly and with high quality. In general, it seems accepting the GOAT being Japanese is very hard for some of the officials and skaters, espeically the "white" ones.

I loved Yuzuru pointing out the Eurocentric nature of FS in respect of music choices and also mentioning stereotypes about lack of expression in Japanese people/skaters - it shouldn't just be up to Yuzuru though to say these things - these are things the governing body should be addressing, They need to demonstrate and enable a level playing field for all, and  that is evidently NOT the case at all in figure skating....

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

It's so funny! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp :

Undoubtedly, Yuzu has great popularity and social media presence without even having a social media account. I sometimes wonder how many followers he would have if he had an account. I think probably tens or even hundreds of millions.

Isn't  :nod2:  it and if he had 1 , he would have exploded a long time ago  :girlsigh: and you know I don't have one too and I don't have his extreme popularity and I'm content with your tweets :peace2:

Too bad for the Yuzu  : YuzuPoohLove:  (Yuzuwinnie :wink2: ) and that for the moment it can be bought in Japan (I imagine the sales  :confused0066:) and surely? that in a while, it will be in Disney stores around the world = guaranteed sales :yes:  

And here is a MAD / video on an entire song, of which I have already heard excerpts sung by Yuzu singer and translated into English and I think? that this song corresponds to what Yuzu did to his JNats 

6 hours ago, Pammi said:

EDIT: I realise the 2 biggest interests I have in life are politics and FS, so my life is a constant feeling of injustice being done - it's a bit wearing! I shall have to develop an interest in gardening, or yoga maybe!!

...welp, at least your other interest is "current", I recently gained interest in reading about American Civil War (yeah, I know, another incendiary topic to be interested in :O:animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012:), and I have to try my hardest not to compare the USFSA to a certain obsolete political structure... :animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012:

(Well now that I write this I am not sure if the focus on current events is better than focusing on the past... Oh well, that's all I have on this. As for another hobby, I do knit, and yeah, that should help me give happy thoughts, I think...)

9 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Meh. I know Mark is ISU’s commentator and mouthpiece (with a past record of putting Yuzu down, e.g., COC14) so it’s his “job” to hype the rivalry between Nate and Yuzu in any given chance. But I really wonder how a former ice dancer pretends to not see the huge visible gap between what Yuzu does on ice and Nathan does. I’m so sick of this fake rivalry.

Also the most astounding feature about Yuzu is him being the ‘complete package’, not revolutionizing FS with respect to the number of quads or even his dream about 4A. But I don’t expect anyone from the western mouthpieces to ever admit it. Just like how they will never admit he is the GOAT because he is Japanese.

Mark Hanretty and other commentators, like Rod Black during 2019 Skate Canada International, consciously avoid calling Yuzu "The Greatest of All Time" even while praising him. The closest they get is "one of the greatest". They never fail to mention Nathan and that he has beaten Yuzu repeatedly since the SP at PyeongChang. Almost all of the English-speaking commentators, including Simon Reed, Chris Howarth and Kurt Browning, are pandering to the ISU and its agenda.

Tanith White is the only one that I heard referring to Yuzu as “The Greatest of All Time” during a PyeongChang Olympics NBC pre-figure skating segment regarding Yuzu’s stardom with Liam McHugh and Scott Hamilton. Liam McHugh posed the question, “If he (Yuzuru Hanyu) wins here, Greatest of All Time?” Scott Hamilton, of course, said that Dick Button is the greatest of all time. Tanith White replied, “Yeah, why not? Absolutely! If he wins here, Greatest of All Time!... No offense to Dick Button.”

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I’m hoping that whoever Belinda Noonan is commentating for is somehow available to me

Oh me too! I think it was previously OBS - Olympic Broadcasting Services - hopefully she will commentate again for them and we will have access to this Broadcaster!  I am sure it was Belinda that I heard commentating when I watched PC live from the UK (was it via Eurosport?? I'm not sure) - I'll never forget the "it's like liquid gold" comment she made at the end of Chopin, it was such an apt description! I can absolutely remember the feeling I had as Yuzu did his last spin, it was awe at his skill, to return from injury in that way and to present something so beautiful - liquid gold indeed. I can't wait to see Rondo again - 2 weeeeeeksss !!! (to the team short - do we know who in Team Japan are doing which programmes?? I imagine if Yuzu participates in the team event, it would be the short?)

5 hours ago, Pammi said:

I loved Yuzuru pointing out the Eurocentric nature of FS in respect of music choices and also mentioning stereotypes about lack of expression in Japanese people/skaters - it shouldn't just be up to Yuzuru though to say these things - these are things the governing body should be addressing, They need to demonstrate and enable a level playing field for all, and  that is evidently NOT the case at all in figure skating....

"Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil."

This proverb is used to refer to a lack of moral responsibility on the part of people who refuse to acknowledge impropriety, look the other way on or feign ignorance of evil deeds.