General Yuzuru Chat

Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, Glory said:

Hi! I was wondering if someone could give me a link to the youtube video where Yuzuru talks of finding comfort in looking at the stars after the earthquake. I need something I can cite in my college paper, but a youtube video should be okay. An article might work too!  I hope it's okay to ask this here! Thank you so much! 

Here it is.

Guest turquoiseblue

Beijing 2022 spectator policy finalised
17 Jan 2022

The Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 spectator policy was announced today. Given the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to ensure the safety of all participants and spectators, it has been decided that tickets should not be sold anymore but be part of an adapted programme that will invite groups of spectators to be present on site during the Games. The organisers expect that these spectators will strictly abide by the COVID-19 countermeasures before, during and after each event so as to help create an absolutely safe environment for the athletes.

This announcement follows the release of pandemic prevention and control policy principles for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 on 29 September 2021. One of the principles was that no tickets would be sold to spectators from outside China’s mainland, and that tickets would be sold exclusively to spectators residing in China’s mainland who meet the requirements of COVID-19 countermeasures.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

"he did not take any lessons and is self-taught"

Yeah, that's pretty clear, Zu.

Alas.

Either yes Yuzu is self-taught as a classical dancer and I can understand it, but it can be seen that he took lessons to see his arm / hand / body and foot movements and he was analyzed quite a few times by a real dancer (here on the planet, there are you tubes) and the one who analyzes him is quite enthusiastic (despite the fact that we don't understand what he is saying) but he is always :665e343793b9: 

8 時間前, rockstaryuzuさんが言いました:

I'm very relieved for the Tohoku region and Sendai, I would imagine an event like this brings back bad memories for everyone. 

But while we're on the topic of the eruption, I want to share this:

I know it's not directly Yuzu-related. But Pita Taufatofua is also a Winter Olympian, annd I'm sure that Yuzu, having been through a similar situation himself, would be most compassionate with this. 

If you read the article and dig through the Twitter feed, you'll see that most communication with Tonga has been lost since the eruption. Pita's father is the governor of the island closest to the volcano, and nothing has been heard from that island at all since the blast. 

Also, the main island of Tonga is only 28m above sea level at it's highest point, so the tsunami would likely have had devastating effect there. 

Therefore, satellites, if you can spare some $$ to help Tonga, please support Pita's Go Fund Me.

Thank you.  

:snonegai:

I remember Tonga people donated so much for Japan at the time of earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

Tonga is a small country, but it was large amount when seeing its GDP. We are really thankful for that.

I believe this is the time for us to do something for Tonga :grouphug: 

Yoshihiro Murai, governor of Miyagi Prefecture, expressed his intention to provide support for Tonga.

"We have not forgotten the kindness we received from Tonga at the time of the Great East Japan Earthquake in 2011. Depending on the extent of the damage, the prefecture will consider providing support," he said.

https://www.sankei.com/article/20220117-VJIQMAUJMVMSDLYJTQUTUNXOG4/

Many Tongan rugby players are playing in Japan.

Rugby players and fans are considering support for Tonga.

https://the-ans.jp/news/212524/

5 hours ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

Noooooo they don't ship to NZ w h y is the world like this 😔 

Ahhh it's out of stock. A few days ago it did ship out internationally with only 2 or so in stock. My guess is they sold those and now it's local only 😭 I think Amazon jp was the only one shipping internationally but here you can see all the available stores

https://www.phiten.com/hanyu-project/wings/

6 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Excellent - we may not get honest answers of course but it's great the journalist is putting pressure on JapanOC/IOC to properly explain why reference to Yuzuru was removed but not Shohei. So dodgy!!! At best, the only reason I could think of was they might not want to promote Yuzu without mentioning Shoma and Yuma too ie wanting to be seen to be fair - but maybe I am being too generous there!! At worst .... well I don't really know, except for wanting to ignore anything positive an internationally admired sportsman might have to say about Yuzuru because they don't want him to be viewed more favourably than others, including the competition from the USA maybe?? I'm sure other satellites have interesting thoughts on this!!

Anyway, they were quoting Kohei and should have just been honest about what he said in full.