General Yuzuru Chat

2 часа назад, Nataliya05 сказал:
I'm new to the group and the first post-fiasco

More recently, I started watching figure skating and was simply delighted with Yuzuru Hanyu.To be objective, I reviewed all the rentals of him and his rivals since 2009.The fact is that it has never been better and will never be.He is the quintessence of figure skating

14 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Based on several recent interviews, it seems 4A is replacing the pooh in the nightmares of the whole USA team and their stans, in general. Interesting. Yuzu definitely knew what he was doing in JNats. 

I can see how it would.  If Yuzu successfullylands a 4A it would be virtually impossible for the judges to give someone else (guess who?) the gold.  The resultant scandal would involve not only Yuzu's fans (plus all of Japan) but would be worldwide.  I know there are those who say the judging is owned by American money, but money can only go so far.  We have to remember that except for the Americans pitching the line of a showdown between Nathan and Yuzu the overwhelming story from everybody else will be will he get his third gold and will he do a 4A.  I imagine that Nathan will be seen in a fairly negative light as the person wanting to deprive the king of his well-deserved gold.  Keep your hopes up, everyone.  America is not the whole world (though it likes to think so, and I have a right to say it as I'm American) and American money can only go so far.  If Yuzu misses the gold it will be because it's something he didn't do and not because of something Nathan did.

Guest Mary_kyo
1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I can see how it would.  If Yuzu successfullylands a 4A it would be virtually impossible for the judges to give someone else (guess who?) the gold.  The resultant scandal would involve not only Yuzu's fans (plus all of Japan) but would be worldwide.  I know there are those who say the judging is owned by American money, but money can only go so far.  We have to remember that except for the Americans pitching the line of a showdown between Nathan and Yuzu the overwhelming story from everybody else will be will he get his third gold and will he do a 4A.  I imagine that Nathan will be seen in a fairly negative light as the person wanting to deprive the king of his well-deserved gold.  Keep your hopes up, everyone.  America is not the whole world (though it likes to think so, and I have a right to say it as I'm American) and American money can only go so far.  If Yuzu misses the gold it will be because it's something he didn't do and not because of something Nathan did.

I’m in awe with the way Yuzu’s team changed the whole pre-Olympics narratives within one week during JNats. I can now understand everything better. So damn smart. Yuzu worked really hard for that, just recovering from his injury and illness. It’s so amusing to see how USA team went from “4A is a crazy impossible dream” to “oh! We can do that too! Even better!” in less than a month lmao. :rofl3:

Now, Beijing is Yuzu’s fight with himself, not with anyone else. He will go to Beijing as a double champion challenging human limitations not battling any other mortal cheaters.

Honestly, I’m sure the judging will be heavily biased toward Nathan but I decided to not care about the result that much because first, Yuzu doesn’t need another gold even for his ‘numerical’ legacy and tbh, the media might make a big deal out of Beijing but just like many other Olympics, a lot of these games and the medalists are actually forgotten after few years. Only few performances will actually stay memorable and those are not necessarily the winners but usually the ones with an inspiring story behind (major example is Yuzu’s PYC18). I just hope that Yuzu stays healthy to create another beautiful masterful art. Contrary to what Kozlovskii thinks, legendry icons such as Yuzu do not need gold medals for their crafts to be remembered. He is beyond his sport and Olympics now.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:12 AM, lajoitko said:

New Ajinomoto ad. If you go to the Ajinomoto's YouTube channel there is 4 short videos with different punch lines. 

Here the translation :happydance:

From Sendai TV "Sportan! NEO" (translation)

🙏🙏🙏

[NEWS]

I'm relieved to hear that the tsunami warnings has been lifted in Japan and hope, everyone is doing well. :smiley-angelic001:

8 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I have done it. As I have never been a fan of anyone let alone an athlete (apart from teenage years that I was really into bands, etc) with this much obsession (that's an appropriate term to describe my condition), it'll be interesting to find out the outcome of this survey. Do you think they will make it available for us fanyus to see it?

I hope so - but it's for her graduation thesis so I would suspect it won't be completed for months (since she is in the data collection part of her research).  If anyone is invited to do an interview via email, be sure to ask.  She (they?) must know about the Planet.  If not before, then certainly now.  So I hope so...

The OP says "the blossom on the "butt" has gone...."

I'm sad, I liked that little detail, it was so cute! (surprisingly though I didn't notice until I saw this tweet!)

Maybe it wasn't deemed appropriate for the Olympic season - time for costumes to get serious!!

Btw I keep seeing fans tweeting about Yuzuru having 2 blue costumes to match the Beijing22 colour theme, but I am SURE I read after JNats that Yuzuru said there would be new Olympic costumes, did anyone else read this?

Guest Mary_kyo
22 minutes ago, Pammi said:

but I am SURE I read after JNats that Yuzuru said there would be new Olympic costumes, did anyone else read this?

OMG. No, I don’t remember anything like that at all. Are u sure?

I love tenchi’s custome, so selfishly, I hope he won’t change it. but rondo’s custome can be changed to better. I love that it is ‘feminine’ and it somehow adds spice to the battle in Beijing against homophobia and fragile masculinity but it is lackluster in its current state. So, Satomi, please do sth about rondo.

39 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

OMG. No, I don’t remember anything like that at all. Are u sure?

I am sure I read it but I am not sure if it is true!

I'm like you - I love Tenchi a lot, Rondo is lovely but can be improved upon. I think the concept was to bring a number of programmes together that Yuzu loves into that costume as part of his "crystallising all I have learnt and done so far" vision. I love the neckline so much and hopes he keeps it as it annoys the masculinity brigade so much lol!! everything else, Satomi do your magic!!