General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Due to the volcanic eruption in Tonga, tsunami warnings have been issued for the Pacific side of Japan.

Wish everyone is safe :grouphug:

It looks like tsunami warnings and advisories have been issued with respect to the islands of Tonga, the Pacific coast of Japan, the Pacific coast of the US from California to Alaska as well as the West Coast of Canada where I live.

I am hopeful that people in all of the affected and potentially affected areas will be safe, but this is a reminder that the earth and all life is fragile and can totally change in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, daisyjune said:

I was so late to report my experience but maybe better than nothing? :unsure:

I went to J-Nats, and saw Yuzu's SP, Free and EX!

The most impressive one is his short program, Roncapu!!(Sorry, I can't spell the formal name.) That night in the arena we didn't know almost anything about the program except the title of music.

I was anxious because everybody's expectation was extremely high. When he appeared in that new costume, I thought "Isn't it too feminine?  Isn't the color too similar to Otonal?? Isn't the style too similar to Swan???" To be honest, I didn't like the costume too much:happy: But, the moment he started to skate, I forgot everything. My seat was on the judge side. His 4S was perfect, 4T3T was slightly shaky, and 3A itself, he could have jumped even better one, but the move before 3A was so dramatic and unique. The spin right after 3A was very fast, and then the step sequence... It's unbelievably gorgeous. This is the most passionate step I've ever seen from him! All of us in Saitama Arena were stunned and overwhelmed by it. I felt like we were drawn into his skate, and also felt his soul shone, filling the arena with a dazzling blue light. We started to crap after the step sequence and just couldn't stop, so continued to crap though the last spin! We were on our feet even before the performance was over, waving the banners enthusiastically. I can't write well how happy I was at that moment. It was an honor to see such an amazing performance live!

The atmosphere in Keyaki Square in front of Saitama Super Arena after Yuzu won the competition two days later was great. I won't forget that night's festive mood forever. We were all happy and excited, walking toward the train station through the trees decorated beautifully with Christmas color lights, and in the station someone was playing Yuzu's program music on a street piano.

I read here that in Peking there will be assigned audience, or at worst, no audience. I hope Yuzu will remember we always support him even if he can't hear our applause and can't see our banners.

Well, I read on the twitter that some of the audience will be chosen from the universities nearby and one Yuzu fan was luckily chosen! :clapping-smiley:

Thank you for sharing your personal experience! Although I have watched Yuzu's JNats performances on YouTube many times now, this is something different and I can imagine now what the atmosphere was like. And what a wonderful idea that someone played his music in the station! Also good to know that at least ONE Yuzu fan will be in the arena in Beijing! :strong: 

8 hours ago, Anni said:

The Beijing Olympics official site on bilibili uploaded a short video of Yuzu:heartpound:

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1Zb4y1n7P6?t=62.2

[NEWS]

I wish all satellites a nice weekend :grouphug:

I have really loved the music, "Empire of Angels" by Thomas Bergersen, ever since I first saw this MAD by Abby Zhang when it came out in mid-2016.

I have always wanted to see Yuzu skating to "Empire of Angels".

Abby Zhang’s MAD has a number of memorable videos of Yuzu, like the sexy backward steps in the original Seimei, but there is one that may not be so well-known. It is of Yuzu practicing in front of Tracy at the Cricket Club. In the mirror behind Tracy, you can see the reflection of a number of juniors skating in a line all looking at Yuzu. It is a serendipitous occurrence, but it could not have been choreographed any better if it had been carefully planned by a Hollywood director.

Guest Mary_kyo

Based on several recent interviews, it seems 4A is replacing the pooh in the nightmares of the whole USA team and their stans, in general. Interesting. Yuzu definitely knew what he was doing in JNats. 

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I absolutely loved the music, "Empire of Angels" by Thomas Bergersen, ever since I first saw this MAD by Abby Zhang when it came out in mid-2016.

I've always wanted to see Yuzu skate to "Empire of Angels".

Abby Zhang's MAD has a number of memorable Yuzu videos, like the sexy step backs in the original Seimei, but there's one that might not be so well known. It's about Yuzu training in front of Tracy at the Cricket Club. In the mirror behind Tracy, you can see the reflection of a number of inline-skating juniors all staring at Yuzu. It's a fortuitous event, but it couldn't have been better choreographed had it been carefully planned by a Hollywood director.

Ahhhh GEO1 what pleasure you give me by posting this "mad" that I had found last year and before I was part of the planet and never found and there I did WOOO  :loveshower:and I found by this mad " this wonderful and powerful song by T Bergeren which is one of my best and this video is  :heartpound: where we see a concentrated Yuzu as always and the music fits well with what we see and for Tracy and the juniors online who are reflected in the mirror of the TCC, she is there 1:26 and I imagine the eyes like that OO of her young people seeing Yuzu training and having had this sublime chance to attend  :girlsigh: and I completely agree with you that Yuzu could have given us one of these TOP programs on this theme. 

I heard Yuzu trains at late night, can be 2am or 3 am in Sendai, because the rink is usually occupied during the day and evening. Is that true? I just can't imagine how hard it is to train in late night and in cold winter. But maybe a silver lining is he can have real time conversation with TCC.

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Someone posted an interesting query on twitter that seems meant for us - I thought I'd share it here. Their bound to get more response than they could hope for.  The survey is not intrusive and reasonably straightforward.

I have done it. As I have never been a fan of anyone let alone an athlete (apart from teenage years that I was really into bands, etc) with this much obsession (that's an appropriate term to describe my condition), it'll be interesting to find out the outcome of this survey. Do you think they will make it available for us fanyus to see it?

10 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Today's Figure Skate TV on BS Fuji (17:00 - 17:55) will be about the Japanese Nationals

I have nearly forgotten the broadcasting schedule.

https://www.bsfuji.tv/figuretv/pub/index.html

Here the clips [Yuzu cut] :happy:

Edit: 

The complete version on youtube:

[NEWS]

19 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I have really loved the music, "Empire of Angels" by Thomas Bergersen, ever since I first saw this MAD by Abby Zhang when it came out in mid-2016.

I have always wanted to see Yuzu skating to "Empire of Angels".

Abby Zhang’s MAD has a number of memorable videos of Yuzu, like the sexy backward steps in the original Seimei, but there is one that may not be so well-known. It is of Yuzu practicing in front of Tracy at the Cricket Club. In the mirror behind Tracy, you can see the reflection of a number of juniors skating in a line all looking at Yuzu. It is a serendipitous occurrence, but it could not have been choreographed any better if it had been carefully planned by a Hollywood director.

I see this for the first time.  Thank you @Geo1 for sharing the wonderful MAD. :heartpound: