General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

20220112-002.png

Looks like ANA will release official Yuzu bears and other Yuzu products! Get your wallets ready! :ganba:

[NEWS]

He is a pop star :lol:

10 hours ago, Melodie said:

You gotta fly to get the bears :Poohgaveup:

I bet people will choose ANA just to get those bears

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The closest ANA route to me is New York - Haneda, with daily flights : Poohgaveup:

maybe I can get an ANA flight to France for the Worlds, if I take the scenic route: Ottawa> New York> Haneda> Paris. It would be worth it for an official Yuzu bear. : snbleh:

YES, in my opinion  :agree2:it will cost you HYPER EXPENSIVE and very long in time also  :yes: , your ANA trip to go to Paris CDG, since it is an international flight ..... let's admit and then you will have to go to the airport from Orly / Montpellier which makes the internal flights of France or you do it by TGV? and even for an ANA teddy bear : yuzupout:

I found and bought this on Amazon France and I would have them at the beginning of February and, surely, that you ALL know these Yuzu Seimei and Chopin dolls 

61TOOIUxn-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg   

19 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Hi everybody, I’m new on the Planet - finally managed to get myself registered! :wave:After almost 4 years of lurking I guess it’s time to share my little story with you and apply to be officially enfanyuated. 17thFebruary 2018 changed the life of my whole family. We were following the Olympics, watching ski jumping, biathlon etc. And if it wasn’t for my mother who told me about the German gold ambitions in the pairs’ competition, we would have missed figure skating completely. Like we had in 2014. Although I had really enjoyed watching Kati Witt on TV with my mother back in the 80s. 

German TV reported on the men’s event very early in the morning. (It was Daniel Weiß who also commented the popular Sportschau video of LMEY last year.) Luckily we had recorded it to watch it later that day. When they showed Yuzu’s face in the starting pose of Seimei, I was like: “Wow … who is that? He is strikingly handsome!” We saw him skate and nothing was like it had been 5 minutes ago. When he was fighting the tears in the Kiss & Cry, my teenage daughter and I had already fallen into the rabbit hole. When her dad got home we re-watched it all together and he shared our amazement. :heartpound:

My first emergency measure was to print a picture of Yuzu for my daughter’s room so she could look at him before going to sleep. Further, to her delight, I dumped our restriction of internet consumption. Instead of watching TV we switched to “YuzuTube”. (How crazy is it to watch a 50 minute press conference in Japanese if you don’t understand a word?) Why on earth hadn’t we discovered him during Sochi Olympics ?!?! Helsinki is not so far away - we could have gone to Worlds in 2017 !!! :banginghead:

Somebody must have heard me crying … When we read Yuzu was going to Helsinki Grand Prix I couldn’t believe it. The event even matched our school holidays! So I reorganized my financial priorities and started communicating online, getting invaluable support from other Yuzu fans and succeeded in buying tickets. (It wasn’t easy to get 3 decent seats side by side, though.) Anyway: It was the 1sttime ever I was looking forward to November - the greyest of all months. The 3 of us spent the best 4 days of our lives in Jäähalli. The atmosphere, the roaring applause like in a football stadium ... :cheer:

Having avoided social media, I had never imagined to find such a nice community on the world-wide web. :grouphug: It’s so much fun reading that most fanyus do as we did - celebrate the anniversaries of Yuzu’s 2nd Olympic gold to drown once again in the emotions that overcame us so unexpectedly (not being able to sleep or work etc.). And now I can hardly bear the anxiety before Beijing. Who would have thought he’d be in a position to try to defend his title again? Even if that’s not his priority. At Helsinki GP, I recall hearing fanyus whispering: “The best is yet to come!” :panic:

If there was no Yuzuru Hanyu, my family wouldn’t be planning holidays in line with figure skating competitions. The 3 of us wouldn’t share this joy and excitement. There would be a big hole in our lives.

Welcome to the Planet and thank you so much for sharing your experience.  What a wonderful family story!    I am glad to be sharing this very special (and anxious) month before the Olympics with all the satellites. :grouphug:  

It's comforting to know that Yuzu is in good health now, and we wish him a safe and fruitful preparation period. 

1 hour ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave:  I just ran into that ..... and I didn't understand everything (well you know that) and who says these sentences after the "sports lounge" at 3:08? a new rival then!?!? and that there are fanyus that can give explanations please :umm:

I will put my comments under Spoiler since I want to keep the forum discussions generally positive and enthusiastic. 

Spoiler

I don't want to be too critical of people who try to popularize figure skating - which is a laudable effort - however, this is one of the Japanese channels that tries to give English transcripts to gain international clicks and the English translations often sound strange / clumsy (presumably due to google translate).    The title is irritating as it tries to sensationalize on the fact that at US Nationals Dmitriev tried 4A (which he has been doing for several years now but but with absolutely no success since his basic technical skills are not solid and he is not even able to jump 3A cleanly).  I would say this is more of a "bravado gesture" to garner attention than a serious effort to push the technical frontier of skating.  I would rather have put Ilia Malinin as the future rival for Yuzu in the coming season(s) but surely not Dmietriev!

As for what comes after 3:08 - they are just a series of "comments" by various fans, no attribution made to the sources, about Dmietriev's 4A effort.  I would not spend any time on this... 

18 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

I will put my comments under Spoiler as I want the forum discussions to remain generally positive and enthusiastic. 

Hide content

I don't want to be too critical of the people who are trying to popularize figure skating - which is a laudable effort - however, this is one of the Japanese channels that tries to give English transcriptions to gain international clicks and English translations often seem strange / awkward (presumably due to google translate). The title is irritating because it tries to make sensationalism that in the US Nationals Dmitriev tried the 4A (which he has been doing for several years now but without any success because his basic technical skills are not strong and he is not even able to jump 3A cleanly).I would say it's more of a "bravado" to get attention than a serious effort to push the technical frontier of skating.

As for what comes after 3:08 - these are just a series of "comments" from various fans, no source attribution, about Dmietriev's 4A effort. I wouldn't spend time on it ... 

OK then and  :thankssign:to have answered me and explained well, indeed, it is this "title" which made me react and I read your text with attention and YES think positive and joy for Yuzu who deserves it so much 

1 hour ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave:  I just ran into that ..... and I didn't understand everything (well you know that) and who says these sentences after the "sports lounge" at 3:08? a new rival then!?!? and that there are fanyus that can give explanations please :umm:

14 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

I will put my comments under Spoiler since I want to keep the forum discussions generally positive and enthusiastic. 

Hide contents

I don't want to be too critical of people who try to popularize figure skating - which is a laudable effort - however, this is one of the Japanese channels that tries to give English transcripts to gain international clicks and the English translations often sound strange / clumsy (presumably due to google translate).    The title is irritating as it tries to sensationalize on the fact that at US Nationals Dmitriev tried 4A (which he has been doing for several years now but but with absolutely no success since his basic technical skills are not solid and he is not even able to jump 3A cleanly).  I would say this is more of a "bravado gesture" to garner attention than a serious effort to push the technical frontier of skating.  I would rather have put Ilia Malinin as the future rival for Yuzu in the coming season(s) but surely not Dmietriev!

As for what comes after 3:08 - they are just a series of "comments" by various fans, no attribution made to the sources, about Dmietriev's 4A effort.  I would not spend any time on this... 

Dmitriev a rival? Really? Don't make me laugh!

@Umebachi I applaud your tact and diplomacy.