General Yuzuru Chat

17 時間前, Mary_kyoさんが言いました:

Eh, King Kohei giving advices to help Yuzu land 4A? So 4A will be the fruit of GOATs joining forces together? how epic omg. One of the goat-est moments in the sports probably wow. *shivers* Too much goatness happening there *shivers*

Suddenly I’m all UwU again.

You know King Kohei! Germany is the place where gymnastics was originated, I hear!

We expect the first talk between Yuzu and Kohei after Beijing!

10 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

:animated-smileys-hello-22: Fuji TV broadcasts "Demon Slayer" anime (23:15-23:45) just before S-Park (23:45 - ) on Sundays.

Sorry, if you have already known it.

Thank you SuzyQ 🙏🏽 He is a very convincing Slayer! I love he did this to introduce the anime before his turn on S-Park, so dramatic!!

I just see someone posted an (internal) "invitation letter" to watch Beijing 2022 Figure Skating competitions. The organising party is a local Chinese sponsor. In the "invitation letter" the spectators are required to stay in Beijing at least 14 days before the competition and 7 days after the competition and do 2 PCR tests before the competition and another 2 after. They are also required to report their health condition everyday before the competition for 14 days and not go anywhere except home and office for 7 days after the competition. Only the official (arranged) transportation may be used and spectators are required to stay in designated residence during the competition period.

I wonder whether anyone living outside Beijing could meet all these requirements. And consider the strict quarantine requirement in China, if anyone in the stadium is tested positive, everyone in the stadium may need to be quarantined for another 14-21 days in hotels. Even if there are fans who are willing to take the risk, they still need to get an "invitation" to begin with. Can't estimate how many fans will be able to go in the end... 

2 分, JanMaryさんが言いました:

I just see someone posted an (internal) "invitation letter" to watch Beijing 2022 Figure Skating competitions. The organising party is a local Chinese sponsor. In the "invitation letter" the spectators are required to stay in Beijing at least 14 days before the competition and 7 days after the competition and do 2 PCR tests before the competition and another 2 after. They are also required to report their health condition everyday before the competition for 14 days and not go anywhere except home and office for 7 days after the competition. Only the official (arranged) transportation may be used and spectators are required to stay in designated residence during the competition period.

I wonder whether anyone living outside Beijing could meet all these requirements. And consider the strict quarantine requirement in China, if anyone in the stadium is tested positive, everyone in the stadium may need to be quarantined for another 14-21 days in hotels. Even if there are fans who are willing to take the risk, they still need to get an "invitation" in the beginning to be able to join. Can't estimate how many fans will be able to go in the end... 

Thank you for the info! I was wondering how the audience will be.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:51 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

There's great footage out there of a baby Yuzu popping into a 3A from a standing start at some ice show or other, taken sometime before 2014, not sure when. It's pretty eye-opening to see. 

What a coincidence. A fan posted a clip on twitter and I remembered your post.:yes:

:heartpound:

Here you can find pictures from the JNats Gala :11135030:

More here
https://moment.nikkan-gendai.com/sports/46131#group-1

[NEWS]

9 minutes ago, Melodie said:

You know what, almost everyone envies his skin but here I am, wondering how the h*** does he maintain such luscious hair. 

this one is genetic. I have Japanese friends, and they don't do much for their hair to be like that. The most they can say is that they don't wash it often.

I just realized:

For reference: Nathan had 12 falls since the system change (11 on jumps and one in the ChSq), 5 of them in the last two seasons.

Yuzu had a total of four falls in this cycle and not a single one in 20/21 and 21/22, but it also needs to be noted that he only had four competitions in the last two seasons. It's a remarkable feat nonetheless. He can be very proud of that.

2 hours ago, lajoitko said:

S-PARK with eng subs

[NEWS]

Yuzu basically saying "if i twist my body then its a backxel. so no im not doing it" :hihi:

man im watching this interview for the first time and im getting such a professional vibe from Yuzu. Our boy has really grown up. We all joke that he looks timeless but his maturity really shone through here. He is basically an expert in his own craft at this point and so ready to move much beyond figure skating. Here he discusses about the technicality of a jump in depth (and in other interviews the trajectory of the sport) like no other skater ive seen. He is just so knowledgeable and invested. To go in such greath length in order to master a technique, this a true student of art and sport. He keeps soaking in the best in order to deliver the best.

30 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I just realized:

For reference: Nathan had 12 falls since the system change (11 on jumps and one in the ChSq), 5 of them in the last two seasons.

Yuzu had a total of four falls in this cycle and not a single one in 20/21 and 21/22, but it also needs to be noted that he only had four competitions in the last two seasons. It's a remarkable feat nonetheless. He can be very proud of that.

thanks for pulling this interesting stat! I realized that Yuzu also had a couple of pops which were even more costly, so we have to also take that into account.

10 hours ago, Maleko said:

:Poohgaveup: I don't have many faith . . .

Well, the IOC does have a hotline for reporting instances of "competition manipulation." If the scores are too outrageous, fanyus can always flood the hotline with complaints. i'm sure @Henni147 and some of our other statisticians could provide a convincing analysis of inconsistencies in the scoring. And Max would certainly get on the bandwagon. 

Just a thought. 

:yuzususpect:

2小时前, JanMary说:

I wonder whether anyone living outside Beijing could meet all these requirements. And consider the strict quarantine requirement in China, if anyone in the stadium is tested positive, everyone in the stadium may need to be quarantined for another 14-21 days in hotels. Even if there are fans who are willing to take the risk, they still need to get an "invitation" to begin with. Can't estimate how many fans will be able to go in the end... 

I have seen this as well. Based on the rule of quarantine for 7 days after a competition, I think a person can only watch one competition. There is so much effort/sacrifice to make for that one competition. And the Olympic overlaps with Chinese New Year, it means more sacrifice than usual. I am sure if it is open to the public, a lot of cfanyus would make such sacrifice. However, since it is arranged, this basically means an inconvenient assignment for non-fans.  And since Tianjin, the city neighboring to Beijing has Omicron cases, I really think the most likely case in the end is without any audience. I mean, really, what's the point to have thousands of arranged audience, which is logistically risky and costly for Covid prevention, requring huge efforts both from the organizers and the audience, while most of the audience are not even fans of the sports (not only figure skating, the same apply to speed skating, ice hockey..) .