General Yuzuru Chat

31 minutes ago, hamaguri said:

I have read in Japanese blog, so please correct me if I am wrong. I have heard tickets will be sold to sponsor companies, public companies. The reason is, if any covid between audience occurs, you can easily chase and treat per organization. It is more difficult for individuals.

I know.. but as a fan it doesn’t make sense to me!!  I’m not in China, & i don’t know much of the situation there!! But i still hope they let fans attend!! I would feel bad if i missed this chance to attend if i were them!!

Also, FS is not an easy sport to understand!! Imagine clueless ppl watching the event without knowing what’s happening!! It’s like a present given to the corrupted isu & judges 😐 I know they will cheat anyway, but the only pressure they will feel is the live audience!? 

They might as well bring robots to clap!! 😶

4 hours ago, Kadova said:

Ah yes the small face. Does someone here remember the young skater who said that about him?

Was it Yuhana Yokoi??

or Yuna Shiraiwa??

32 minutes ago, Orsa2017 said:

Also, FS is not an easy sport to understand!! Imagine clueless ppl watching the event without knowing what’s happening!!

You just described me as a pre-fanyu.  Just there for the beauty, no favorites.  TBH I miss those days sometimes.  Imagine watching each skater knowing nothing about Federations, judges, tech panels, politics etc... nothing but enjoyment of each athlete's ability on the day of their competition.  :sigh:

Anyway, if non-fans are in the seats, they may well become fanyus by the time it's over. 

Considering the Covid situation in the world as well as in China, I wouldn't be surprised if there will be no audiences at the Beijing Olympics at all. It's such a pity that Chinese Fanyus can't enjoy a normal competition watching Yuzu, cheering wildly for him, and giving him the most epic Pooh rains. :YuzuPoohSad:

Either way, I believe Yuzu will handle every audience situation with grace and confidence. I'm sure he'd also prefer full ice rinks with cheering fans, but he has all the mental and emotional strength, the maturity, and the experience necessary to perform at his best under all kinds of circumstances.

I just hope he stays happy and healthy and takes good of himself. :smiley-angelic001:

..... can we perhaps not present speculations about Yuzu's mental health/state as a certain thing?

The thing is, no one, no body, none knows much about Yuzu's daily personal life, as it is fiercely protected, and fiercely protected on purpose.

Sure, he might have hinted on metal struggles and blocks after PC, but let's take him at his words and not put words in his mouth, shall we?

We can debate (read: curse and moan and what-have-you) about ISU shenanigans without dragging Yuzu around and putting our interpretations of his words (especially because we rely heavily on translators who themselves interpret his words - so, this is already interpretation upon interpretation) as a sure thing. Regardless of whether the skaters, including Zu, get mentally affected by the unfair scoring, unfair scoring is still wrong. We can be outraged of it for itself.

Guest turquoiseblue

Kyodo News article on Covid-19

Japan eyes COVID boosters for Olympic athletes ahead of Beijing Games

8 January 2022

The Japanese government is considering giving COVID-19 booster shots to the country's athletes and officials ahead of the Beijing Olympics and Paralympics amid a global surge in novel coronavirus infections as the Omicron variant becomes rampant, sources familiar with the plan said Friday.

As the number of infection cases with Omicron has risen rapidly in Japan, a growing chorus within the government is calling for booster shots for Japanese athletes and others who will travel to participate in the global sporting event, the sources said.

The opening of the Winter Games is coming in less than a month, a timeline ahead of the general population's eligibility for boosters according to Japan's vaccine rollout. In consideration of the timing, the government is believed to be discussing who should receive such shots and how to administer them, the sources said, adding that it is also eyeing how to deal with those currently staying overseas.

Japan started giving COVID-19 booster shots to medical workers in December, with elderly people at nursery facilities becoming eligible later in the month.

13 時間前, Orsa2017さんが言いました:

I know.. but as a fan it doesn’t make sense to me!!  I’m not in China, & i don’t know much of the situation there!! But i still hope they let fans attend!! I would feel bad if i missed this chance to attend if i were them!!

Also, FS is not an easy sport to understand!! Imagine clueless ppl watching the event without knowing what’s happening!! It’s like a present given to the corrupted isu & judges 😐 I know they will cheat anyway, but the only pressure they will feel is the live audience!? 

They might as well bring robots to clap!! 😶

Yeah, totally understandable... There are a lot of fans in China, and China has sent huge love calls for Beijing for 4 years.  And of course, the competitions in China in the past had really big supporters of yuzu. But unfortunately, the Olympics arena may not be such an atmosphere. Therefore, Chinese fans try to tell him about how it will be. How affectionate people they are. Considering that, having SP at team event to get the atmosphere is very good.

I’m inclined to share the same view as @mary_kyo re the prolonged discriminatory scoring post PC Oly on Yuzu cannot be underestimated. As @Kadova rightly pointed out, Yuzu was being underscored even before PyeongChang 2018. The situation was not as dire then because the key difference - Yuzu was still able to win if he fought hard in competitions. But post 2018 Winter Olympics, despite Yuzu's best efforts, Nathan miraculously remained unbeaten until Skate America 2021.

In sports, an athlete’s mental prowess is as important, if not more critical to sporting success if all else being equal. It speaks volume if Yuzu, not just another elite athlete but a 2-time OG champ revealed he was self-doubting and feeling depressed at some point.

Why would he be immune to such treatments? He is, after all, as human as anyone of us. Hence, I believe his supporters will not see/fault him as an athlete who is unable to cope with underscoring. In fact, I have always marvelled at him for not taking a break or succumbing to any major mental health issue that forces an early retirement.

Even a layman like me, can tell apart over time, this athlete’s performances were examined and judged microscopically. It was an unique situation for him and him alone, leading to accumulating heightened tension/stress competition after competition, season after season until the pandemic puts a pause to it.

There are two sides of the same coin. Who, on the other hand, gains the most from the above situation? From massive scores and psychological point of view, it’s obviously the appointed one. He can relax (much lower risk of making mistakes) and be rest assured that the gap between them will widen as long as he lands his jumps.

Nevertheless, I believe the forces of the Universe are gathering speed and stars are aligning well...the dark clouds are dissipating, the dark hours are ending and awaiting Yuzu is the rainbow he is chasing. Praying for the best possible outcome for Yuzu, the warrior. :smiley-angelic001: :smiley-angelic001: :smiley-angelic001: :smiley-angelic001:

Have

13 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

No, the fault lies with the ISU as an international organization. If local federations support cheating, it is the duty of the lead organization to monitor and stop it. Who can believe that in 2022, the ISU has not yet integrated AI for FS?

The point is, there is a lot of evidence that his depression was due to his self-doubt. He has said on several occasions that he thinks he is not improving when others are. He keeps talking about self-doubts and where do these self-doubts come from? Very easy. He continued to improve but his improvements were not reflected in his scores. An example of him speaking about his doubts at the 2020 Nationals press conference:

“For me, something happened at the Japanese national championships last year and also at the Grand Prix finals. I felt like I wasn't really growing, that I was slowly becoming unable to fight, these kinds of thoughts were in my head. For a while I thought I was fed up with competing, and I could probably give up anytime, although I think there are probably a lot of people supporting me who don't want this to happen. produce.

Anyway, yes, I will be at the Worlds because I live in the south of Belgium and very close to the borders with France. This will probably be my last chance to see Yuzu and my few other favorites.

:wave: with you (and Kadova) I see and read better and also understand, Yuzu's depression and that well YES alas, in the sentence you wrote: because we feel "black and negative thought" in us and this "something "that he says would be (in my opinion) a kind of harassment against him (Ghislain's passport)  :unsure2: and the non-support of the JSF and the ISU (as far as I understand) and without support, unfortunately, we dive  :( and I could not read and listen to this press conference, because I was not part of you at that time .... and by my writing, you will understand that I went through this "box" uahhhhh and not afraid to talk about it, because YES it is a real one (excuse me for the word I am going to use, because it is very strong) SALETE 

Also, I live in France and 850 KM from Montpellier and, alas, I could not go down there for x reasons and this is my great regret and would have been my chance to see Yuzu live ..... and that ' is clear that you can talk to each other live and exchange your opinions and just chat and I think, really, that without Javi with him post OJ 2018 at TCC there is a moment of hesitation (that's my opinion too  :peace2: ) and good stay in the south of France 

Guest turquoiseblue
10 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Kyodo News article on Covid-19

Japan eyes COVID boosters for Olympic athletes ahead of Beijing Games

8 January 2022

Information about Beijing 2022 COVID vaccination policy:

Vaccines are proven to reduce infection with and transmission of COVID-19 and are a key tool in enabling activities to be carried out safely. It will be mandatory to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to departure for China, in order to be allowed in the closed loop system (see pages 9–10) without quarantine.

Participants are considered fully vaccinated according to the requirements of their country/region of residence or national health authority where the vaccine was administered. This may be with one, two or three vaccinations, depending on the requirements, type of vaccine and their personal medical history, or if not eligible for full vaccination according to the requirements of their country/region of residence, due to proven previous infection.

While we strongly encourage Games participants to receive a booster shot, any requirement to have one is according to the requirement of the participant’s country/region of residence or national health authority where the vaccine was administered. 

Source: Beijing 2022 Playbooks

12 hours ago, guiltypleasure said:

You just described me as a pre-fanyu.  Just there for the beauty, no favorites.  TBH I miss those days sometimes.  Imagine watching each skater knowing nothing about Federations, judges, tech panels, politics etc... nothing but enjoyment of each athlete's ability on the day of their competition.  :sigh:

Haha.. same!!  Although I became a fan immediately.. I enjoyed the first year.. I watched whole competitions.. mens, ladies and even tried to watch pairs!!  But because of my curious nature for things I like; it was ruined fast :grin: saw and heard about bias and corruption.. at first it didn't bother me.. especially fans who claimed JSF was biased against Hanyu.. I thought no way!!!  But gradually I learned rules from experienced fans and some Japanese programs, and I started to see the corruption and bias my self!! :eek:

Now I only watch Hanyu live!!  Too nervous to watch men before him and too excited to focus on men after him :grin: And stopped watching ladies.. cause it really makes me angry every damn time -____- after the event I go and watch my faves without even seeing the scores!

4 hours ago, hamaguri said:

Yeah, totally understandable... There are a lot of fans in China, and China has sent huge love calls for Beijing for 4 years.  And of course, the competitions in China in the past had really big supporters of yuzu. But unfortunately, the Olympics arena may not be such an atmosphere. Therefore, Chinese fans try to tell him about how it will be. How affectionate people they are. Considering that, having SP at team event to get the atmosphere is very good.

As for the judges... Yes. But I think like this as well. People don't know FS. If a skater with a costume like black trainer without any decoration skates on the ice, and even if he does (not so beautiful) 4F, 4ltz,... audience cannot tell which is quad, etc. and won't clap so much like other competitions. On the other hand, a skater with beautiful costumes performs in another dimension skate? (This time nationals, even for Japanese people who don't know figure skating well, many views are, 'at least we can understand he was at another level.'.) The audience will simply adore him. I like Chinese traditional performance, and his FS costume fits with their sense. Yuzu has such a chance.

I'm not really worried about Hanyu kun, he's experienced and a strategist :grin: he's going there as Uesugi Kenshin.. and as you pointed, Hanyu has this charisma and aura that makes ppl attracted to him!!  Brian Orser, his coach noticed this too.. he said when he enters the rink, all other coaches watch him!!  Even if they pretended they don't!!  He said he observes this and noticed some watch him more than their own skaters.. haha.. It's the same for the ppl in the rink and the media!!  I feel sorry for other skaters.. but it's his special gift he has!!  I'm sure alot will be attracted to his skating there!

But what I mean is if they will bring spectators, they should bring ppl who know the sport and love it, and put a little pressure on the judges!!  Otherwise if they want to take measures against Covid, they might as well do it like Tokyo Olympic!!  That's just my opinion..