General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

And they need to have a broad knowledge about all types of music pieces, genres and dance styles. That should be their no. 1 job. The rest could be done my AI and other digital tools. Of course, they should have extended knowledge about skating, jumping and spinning as well to judge the skaters' limits, i.e. what can be realized on ice and what not.

And be independent from feds and have good salaries, no volunteers!! 

11 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

PS: I wouldn't be too worried about bias if the judges' only job was to evaluate the performance, musical phrasing and logical construction of the program. That makes up less than 15% of the total score and if there's a requirement of a very precise breakdown/ reasoning, they can't do very much.

Can't we sacrifice this 15% and omit it just to get rid of the judges.. :sigh:

13 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Keep in mind: in the current system, the judges decide about 80-90% of the final score. They can even manipulate the base value of the technical elements like the full invalidation of Yuzu's sit spin at Nationals last year.

This new system was developed to help corruption and bias!! :smiley-angry022: And no one can object on the judges decisions!!  The minute they said the new system will rewards skill and artistry, I knew they were lying!!  They cheated in the previous system, but it was not stretchable enough to beat Hanyu every time!!

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

Asahi Shimbun "Witnesses of the Legend"

No. 6  4回転半、始まりは…羽生結弦が兄貴と慕う無良崇人さんが明かす秘話

The beginning of 4A -  Takahito Mura, whom Yuzuru Hanyu adores like a brother, reveals the secret story

https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASPDP5QMGPDDUTQP022.html?iref=pc_spo_winspo_fskate_top_list_n

「ジャンプに関して、一番面倒を見てくれた先輩。頼れる兄貴分」

2018年平昌五輪で2連覇を飾った羽生結弦が五輪後の同年4月、ファンのために作り上げた感謝の凱旋(がいせん)報告イベント「Continues~with Wings~(コンティニューズ・ウィズ・ウィングス)」。

羽生自身が影響を受けたというトップスケーターや振付師、指導者たちが出演した。その1人が無良崇人さん(30)だった。冒頭の言葉は、羽生が無良さんを紹介した際のコメントだ。

「面倒みたっていうほどではないですけどね」と4学年上の無良さんは謙遜する。18年3月に現役引退するまで羽生とは様々な大会で競演し、親交を温めてきた。

無良さんが羽生のことを知ったのは自身が合宿や振り付けで仙台のリンクに行った時だという。

「何年だったか覚えてないくらいですけど、彼がノービスとかだったのかな。その当時から、もう転びながらでもずっとジャンプを跳んでいて、ガツガツと練習しているイメージがありました。転んでも転んでもずっとやっているイメージがすごくあります」

試合で初めて羽生を認識したのは07年11月に仙台市体育館で行われた全日本ジュニア選手権だったという。この大会、無良さんが優勝したが、当時12歳だった羽生は存在感を見せつけた。フリーは1位。ノービス選手として初めて全日本ジュニアの表彰台(3位)に上がった。

"He is my senpai who has taken care of me the most when it comes to jumps. He's a big brother I can rely on."

In April 2018, after Yuzuru Hanyu won the PyeongChang Olympics for the second consecutive time, he held a triumphant event called "Continues with Wings" for his fans.

The event featured top skaters, choreographers, and instructors that Hanyu himself had been influenced by. One of them was Takahito Mura (30). The words at the beginning of this article are Hanyu's comment when he introduced Mura.

"I didn't take care of him so much as he says," says Mura with humility, who is four years older than Hanyu.

He had competed with Hanyu in various competitions until he retired in March 2018, and the two have maintained a close friendship.

Mura first heard of Hanyu when he went to the rink in Sendai for training camp and choreography.

"I don't even remember exactly what year it was, but I think it was when he was in Novice category. and I had an image of him practicing so hard, jumping all the time, even falling again and again." 

The first time he recognized Hanyu in a competition was at the Japanese Junior Nationals held in Sendai City Gymnasium in November 2007. Although Mura won it, Hanyu, who was 12 years old at the time, showed his presence. He placed first in the free skating, and became the first Novice skater to reach the podium of the Japanese Junior Nationals (3rd place).

I will post the summary of my translation of the rest of the paid article tomorrow, as it is quite a volume.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Thank you so much for your hard work. May I translate/summarize it into Italian (with proper credits, of course) on my blog, for all Italian fans? 

@hananistellata

This is so cute!

1st

Child yuzu

"I shall get the jump! I shall! I shall!

I never give up! I keep doing until I get it!

I fall but I am all right! I never cry!

I never ever give up until I make a success! I have decided!"

2st

Child yuzu

"Still you cannot get the jump? You are already 27 yo, but you cannot make my dream come true?"

Adult yuzu

"Yeah, I will! Absolutely! Wait for a while! Don't worry! I have not given it up!"

21 分, hananistellataさんが言いました:

Adorable!!  :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:

I have a question though. Why does younger Yuzu always put もん at the end of his sentences? I've seen it in other fanart but I don't think I've heard Yuzu use that (at least in the older interviews I've seen of him). Does it mean something? Is it slang?

This is the difficulty of Japanese! It is showing childish strong will. Yeah, this is childish, and not at all formal. He should not use it at official scenes!

4 時間前, ElenaCさんが言いました:

Thank you so much for your hard work. May I translate/summarize it into Italian (with proper credits, of course) on my blog, for all Italian fans? 

No problem :agree:

But please understand I'm not a total bilingual and not good at English dialogues, as my work is with technical English on papers.

Please DM if you have any part you want to clarify, then I'll try to explain or paraphrase it :2thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

But please understand I'm not a total bilingual and not good at English dialogues, as my work is with technical English on papers.

Please DM if you have any part you want to clarify, then I'll try to explain or paraphrase it :2thumbsup:

Thank you! You did an amazing job! :2thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Orsa2017 said:

And be independent from feds and have good salaries, no volunteers!! 

Can't we sacrifice this 15% and omit it just to get rid of the judges.. :sigh:

Yes to the first one.

My personal opinion about these 15% is: The musical phrasing and construction of the program is an integral part of the choreography. If we don't judge that, we can skip the use of music altogether and just let the skaters jump and spin and do compulsory figures again.

The connection with the music is an integral part of figure skating in its current form that sets it apart from so many other sports and hence - for me - this is the most exciting part of this sport. The concept, choreography and performance is what turns figure skating into theatre, opera, musical or concert.

Yuzu's biggest strengths in this sport are:

1. very strong and universal technical foundation with high quality elements and skating skills

2. advanced program concepts and choreographies with excellent musical phrasing

3. outstanding performance skills, musical understanding and versatility in style

If we skipped the judging of these 15%, two of these three strengths would not be rewarded at all.

The goal must not be to remove unquantifiable aspects from the rulebook altogether, but develop a judging system where the judges are forced to score these aspects correctly. Unlike many people's opinion, these aspects CAN be judged by objective criteria. But it must be done with absolute precision and attention to detail, which requires high expertise and lots of preparation work. Hence, FS judging should be a well-paid job with proper training, seminars, public reports and round table discussions.

9 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Hope it is ok like this,
I put it on Jan 2nd, but I published it tonight.
thank you again! <3 
Testimoni della Leggenda (The Asahi Shinbun 2021) Yuzuru Hanyu (elecsworld.com)

Yeeey!  It is the best news for me from weibo.

I have been concerned that Olympics may be no spectator. It was the biggest worry.

Olympics without audience is painful. I really realized it at Tokyo Olympics this summer.

After 2 months since Tokyo Olympics, the World championship of artistic and rhythmic gymnastics was held in Japan, Kitakyusyu, with full audience.

Athletes really were pleased with the audience, and mentioned how the audience was important, and gave them powers after the experience of Tokyo.

For a skater like yuzu, who connects deeply with audience, audience is a must. I really have wished, please please with audience!

And I read, from Weibo (so it's not official, but it must be more certain) that the tickets won't be sold to public, but be allocated to public companies, sponsor companies in  Beijing! Accordingly, fans cannot watch live, but those companies' people are audience. I think, it's a good thing for yuzu. Unlike figure skating fans, they don't have bias, and simply will cheer up for wonderful performances. Not just classical music, ballet, but Chinese traditional opera (京劇)... The quality of art culture in Beijing is high, and they must have good eyes. Yuzu's programs must please their eyes. From my point of view, audience is more important than judges in Olympics.