General Yuzuru Chat

22 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

I think origin costume has a better top cut, right? its more proportionate to his body, it didnt cut short at the waist. Otonal 1.0 was my least favorite post pyeongchang costume or perhaps i should say the least favorite senior costume. Otonal 2.0 was a bit better. comes Rondocapu and its now my 2nd least favorite despite there may be a story to it. it would have been okay if not for the striking similarities with the previous costumes. The choker collar was refreshing but the swanyu neck, color scheme, and middle parts were unrefreshing. It just really didnt feel rondocapu at all. He doesnt have to believe in red but maybe a different style? I saw a pic of the olympic towers from eagle view and the color scheme is exactly like this costume as expected -- it was blue and gold. 

Yes, I think it's the right length for him. The top is always a tricky part for those kind of costumes I think, too long it drapes over the booty and doesn't look natural, too short then the torso looks off. I also like the darker colour on him but sadly it's not his preference. I would really like to see him in dark blue/navy blue though, one can dream... On a side note, he really likes his deep V collar lol. Doesn't matter if it's in front or at the back, he rocks it like the star he is :cheer:

On 12/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, gapil27 said:

Me too. I've resigned to the fact that Yuzu and me will never meet eye to eye regarding his costumes. Not that the flowy, ethereal, cabbage-y costumes didn't work, they are beautiful but often times they make it looked like he has a short torso and mile long legs. In my mind, it's not balanced so I'm not feeling it. But he likes it and feels confident skating in it, who am I to judge. However, my favourite at this end of the spectrum is the Origin costume (both version), he looks so regal & elegant (this contradicts all I said earlier lol but me thinks probably the colour influences my decision).

Now the Tenchi, Seimes costumes of the world (kimono-esque, slim cut suit-y stuff) I really like. They suit him (heh) proportionally better, and he still looks like a tall glass of water in them. He can still embellish the costume as much as he wants and it would not detract from the effortless elegance of the cut. I also really like his Chopin costume. I guess I like them simple? I'm boring like that :lol: 

On 12/30/2021 at 9:49 AM, makebelieveup said:

I think origin costume has a better top cut, right? its more proportionate to his body, it didnt cut short at the waist. Otonal 1.0 was my least favorite post pyeongchang costume or perhaps i should say the least favorite senior costume. Otonal 2.0 was a bit better. comes Rondocapu and its now my 2nd least favorite despite there may be a story to it. it would have been okay if not for the striking similarities with the previous costumes. The choker collar was refreshing but the swanyu neck, color scheme, and middle parts were unrefreshing. It just really didnt feel rondocapu at all. He doesnt have to believe in red but maybe a different style? I saw a pic of the olympic towers from eagle view and the color scheme is exactly like this costume as expected -- it was blue and gold. 

I’m with you @makebelieveup and @gapil27 re comments on some of his costumes and their effects on body proportions. I agree the Origin costumes provide a more balanced effect, easier to the eye compared to Otonal 1.0 (tho I love the back details). I feel a more imposing presence coming from Origin 1.0 costume while a softer vibe for Origin 2.0 (maybe due to the presence of flowers and butterflies details and more uncovered parts of its translucent top).

I have to admit it wasn’t love at first sight for me on the Rondo costume. Unfortunately, with due respect to its designer, it came across as a mismatach look with too much details  - V neckline, jagged edges at the waist and the collar. These various lines seem to be clashing and fighting  for attention. Maybe it will grow on me over time.. But of course, there are more important aspect of the SP he’s focusing and working to improve on, according to what he stated in interviews. I can visualise him skating Rondo in Crystal Memories costume (if it is not considered too glittery and the material not too heavy for use in a competition, or at least in Galas).

This topic inevitably leads to his ‘costumes’ at the open practice sessions. The simple black UA gears immediately draw the eyes to his beautifully well proportioned, well-toned and well-defined body and lines. I appreciate beauty. That’s why I find his training gear looks, especially those  with long-sleeves very appealing.

It’s Friday again, enjoy the upcoming weekends!

On 12/30/2021 at 9:49 AM, makebelieveup said:

off topic -- every year when a new russian lady became dominant, i keep seeing comments saying she is on par with Yuzu, starting from Zhenya's era. It just made me 
:wut: Like cant they see how short lived these ladies' careers are? And to say Kamila's PCS or jumps are as good as Yuzu or even better just because of some crazy scorings. do they really think a 15 yr old with that amount of experience  comparable to someone with double the skating experience? cant they see these ladies' pcs and goes get capped so early bc the fed knows their career wont be too long to grow anymore? wow the propaganda really brainwash them, doesnt it? at least i can safely assume we wont see those comments after another year or two about her when a new Kamila comes into senior in time for the next olympic. though its gonna be a new russian lady vs Yuzu (lol i can imagine even when every else retires Yuzu will still stand with his two calloused ankles) Russian satelites, please enlighten me is the general russian public really buying into it? is there any part of the audience still reasonable?

All countries, especially the traditional powerhouses, would love to shout out they, too, have produced a FS superstar like Yuzu. So, take it in good faith that they are recognising and acknowledging his greatness (indirectly) when they make such comparisions.