General Yuzuru Chat

1 時間前, Yuzurellaさんが言いました:

I also think that judges will be under more scrutiny during an Olympic season, especially during the Olympic competition. In the Olympics, not only the ISU and national feds are involved, but also the IOC and the organizers of the games. In addition, the scope is much larger and international media also pay much more attention than they would otherwise.

Considering Yuzu's popularity in China and all over the world, his participation in the Olympics will be the biggest story and he will be the biggest star of the games. Many official bodies involved in the Olympics, including the organizers and media companies in China, have been promoting Yuzu. They are very well aware what a huge star he is and that a lot of international attention on the games is focused on him. I believe all these factors would make it less likely that Yuzu gets screwed over by the judges.

Also, as I've already mentioned before, Yuzu is now the top boss of the technical game again with his 4A. And Nathan's formulaic programs with a 5 quads FP are literally yesterday's news. It's just not that impressive anymore after a couple of seasons of the same old, same old. Moreover, Nathan hasn't exactly delivered convincingly this season.

Yeah true. This summer, watching Tokyo Olympics, I was surprised to see so many sports now have video judgement, challenge, appeals, etc in many scoring sports, martial arts, ball sports... It cannot be inevitable misjudgement occurs and of course, intensive judgements have happened. To heighten the transparency of the sports is the tie of the world. I have really thought, figure skating is totally against the world sports trend..Yeah, anyway, I also expect Olympics may be different.

14 hours ago, YuzuBoy said:

The reason is, in my opinion, they are more artistic, you have to do really good transitions, you cant just skate from one jump to another. You have to actually impress the judges with spins and choreo bcuz it is more highlighted in SP. And if he loses FS advantage than with Yuzu's clean performance, is all set and done unless they do some wizardry with the points. But that's my opinion.

That's exactly the reason, why I love the SP like 100x more than the FS, especially this season (minus Ten to Chi to, because that's an insane unmatched masterpiece).

In the SP it's all about who can fill the 3 minutes best with actual choreography. With only 3 jumping passes and most skaters having 2 quads and a 3A, the technical content/difficulty is almost the same for everyone. So it comes down to the highest quality of execution. That's why Yuzu is the god of SPs, having set the 6 highest SP scores in history across all judging systems. (And it should be the 10 highest at least tbh).

Quick update: I added Yuzu's two brand new +1 Million view videos to our list here on the Planet:

I also added the Fuji version of Rondo already. It has 963K views at the moment and I expect it to go above 1M today, as it is the only official video of Rondo that is not geo-restricted.

48 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Im not sure if the hype leading up to the olympic would entirely do him any good tho. the last two olympics he came in as the underdog and won. i was hoping he stays out of the limelight a bit. whenever there were doubts for him his resolve got stronger.

one thing i also know is Nathan often bombed under immense pressure. im afraid his two gp skates may be the only two "lowballed" events that came in the right time for him this season. we'll see how he does at us nats. if its also bad then we know the pressure is really getting to him. but who knows he could pull a worlds zagitova at beijing

I wouldn't call he came in as the underdog in 2018, he was the reigning champion and eventhough he was injured, it was still between him and nate. Similar to this year, it is still between those two. In 2018 his condition was unknown, in this year the condition is 4A will be unknown.

14 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

That's exactly the reason, why I love the SP like 100x more than the FS, especially this season (minus Ten to Chi to, because that's an insane unmatched masterpiece).

In the SP it's all about who can fill the 3 minutes best with actual choreography. With only 3 jumping passes and most skaters having 2 quads and a 3A, the technical content/difficulty is almost the same for everyone. So it comes down to the highest quality of execution. That's why Yuzu is the god of SPs, having set the 6 highest SP scores in history across all judging systems. (And it should be the 10 highest at least tbh).

Me too, when they asked skaters which they prefer sp or fp, all of them pick fp saying 'because i can express myself better'. Mostly because as what you said, they couldn't find the time between elements to do anything, unlike Yuzuru who fills every seconds. His SPs are masterpieces. 

1 hour ago, turquoiseblue said:

More translations of the interview with Mark Kondratiuk :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

[NEWS]

No wonder he reminds me of rj Yuzu (i hope im talking about the right guy here). His jumps are huge and he also has this wrecklessness and freedom in his skating. I like that he talks about the movements and small accents in Seimei rather than the jumps

Hey guys. I'm not sure if it is proper to send a message like this here. But if it is not appropriate I will delete it.

The Chinese Olympic Committee holds an activity called postcard of love. If the audience has a favorite athlete, they can write postcards and send them to Beijing, which will be sent to the athletes during the Olympic Games. If anyone wants to write to Yuzu, I can transcribe and send to Beijing on January 10 (I'm sorry that the contents can't be too long).I would send feedbacks after the Committee receive the postcards:) Here is my email address: [email protected]

https://m.weibo.cn/5980037952/4697055971509439

2 hours ago, Poohdanslarue said:

Hey guys. I'm not sure if it is proper to send a message like this here. But if it is not appropriate I will delete it.

The Chinese Olympic Committee holds an activity called postcard of love. If the audience has a favorite athlete, they can write postcards and send them to Beijing, which will be sent to the athletes during the Olympic Games. If anyone wants to write to Yuzu, I can transcribe and send to Beijing on January 10 (I'm sorry that the contents can't be too long).I would send feedbacks after the Committee receive the postcards:) Here is my email address: [email protected]

https://m.weibo.cn/5980037952/4697055971509439

Thank youuu:cheer:

11 hours ago, Pammi said:
  Hide contents

I think Yuzuru is so very very clever - he has engineered a situation where HE is the talking point just prior to the Olympics, not any so called rival - everyone is so excited by him anyway, and the new SP has been so well received everywhere, (unsurprisingly), then throw a now-seen landed 4A attempt in a competition into the boiling pot and the pendulum has strongly started swinging back in Yuzu's direction. The way he can land that (barely 4 rotations) thing so nicely on 2 feet, I wonder if it is a deliberate strategy to train this and play it safe knowing he cant do the 4.5 revolutions with a good landing (at least now....and maybe never??) - he was cautious on Sunday I thought hence why it was (judged) slightly less than 4 revolutions, but Yuzuru knew the value in everybody seeing an attempt that looked pretty clean - no-one seems to care much that it was downgraded - Yuzu made a 4A attempt, he was still standing afterwards, and the rest of his skate was wonderful. He's a hero! With 2 fab Oly worthy programmes at the ready that he has already skated cleanly.

One translation I saw said that Yuzu said the 4A was another "chess piece" - he's playing it already, it doesn't need to be the completed article! Even though it's not ready (and may not be ready when the Olys arrives), in everyone's mind Yuzu is now a courageous warrior, challenging this impossible wall.  It looks like he also has a 4F ready (MOI) or nearly ready, basically the full chessboard, all ready for the chess game playing out right now in everyone's head, before they even get to Beijing!

Yuzu is a person who I imagine takes his responsibility seriously to his team and his country; that individual gold, and a possible team gold, is going to be his absolute priority at Beijing imo. He will already have weighed up all the mathematical stuff and combinations of jumps etc. but what he has also done is got the advantage of getting under the skin of those thinking a US individual gold was a lock - THEY are on the back foot now.  His understanding of psychology is not only helpful to himself and his self reflection, but also in understanding others too and how to create this new narrative that's even got the judges at JNats scoring him appropriately!  I think he's been planning this at night in bed for years lol!! And it all seems to be turning out just as he planned.... (Of course this is just MY theory, I love scheming!Yuzu - maybe he WILL land the 4A at Beijing, maybe it IS his priority goal, but he's clever and thorough and he'll have a smart contingency plan, or plans, at the ready. 

Oh, another weapon or chess piece that we found out about yesterday - LMEY!! Everyone adores it! There is no way anyone is going to spoil the Olympics gala by not having that as the last skate on Beijing ice in a country with literally millions of Yuzuru fans!! He's a master strategist, I bet even the tight black zipped rockstar pants are listed in his skating notebook as a useful weapon in his goal of 3 x OGM! (Remember JNats 2020, end of free, pointing up at the Olympic rings in Nagano....I remember the look in his eyes and on his face very well....)

Just some more of my ramblings under the spoiler lol!:muahaha:

yep that's my thinking as well....knowing his galaxy brain self lol that he decided to take control of the narrative. Even if the 4A is not yet ready, it's a talking point. Like if he lands it, that is the highlight of the damn event more than anything else really. And it's funny because now ppl are saying if he ditches the 4A and replaces it with another jump ....he could very well do a three peat if he's clean. Genius really. I also think the judges do pay attention to nationals, but I know they looked at Jnats and saw someone who did not look like he was in decline. They saw someone who looked extremely sharp.

I agree with Shoma. It was really amazing that Yuzu put in the 4A, landed it on two feet and skated the rest of his program beautifully. That was so powerful of Yuzu! :ganba: 

Actually, I also think judge No 9 was right to only give him a -1 GOE for that 4A. It wasn't a fall and it barely disrupted his program. :grin:

[NEWS]