General Yuzuru Chat

My stream and the planet access broke just when Yuzuru finished his FS. When it came back, I had to catch up with a dozen pages and but meanwhile had taken the opportunity to buy tickets for World Championships.

Yuzu, thank you very, very much!:heartpound: No Christmas feeling for me this year, but watching/reading of/listen to you the past days and among dear fellow satellites was a huge gift.

Thanks everyone! I guess we need some more hours or days to recover, right?

I am thrilled with his FS program. He managed to get 8.73 points from that 4A (which is more than 8 for a clean 3A in the first half). So happy for him. God keep him safe in the year to come and let us enjoy his skating as long as it's possible. Let 2022 bring him the achievement of all his goals.

Finally I am calm enough to leave a coherent comment. What a rollar coaster of the week.

1. Puzzled by the decision of including a jump he has never landed but believed in him

2. Witnessing the 4A (not clean but a million times improved) landed

3. Watching the best SP ever (never thought I would see anything better than Chopin, but here it is, apart from the custome... sorry Yuzu, black and red would be more fitting imo)

4. Watching him standing up after the 4A and nailing everything else in FP. Totally understanding why he put it in and overjoyed that stamina after 4A is not an issue.

5. Heartbroken and worried when reading his health problems in Nov, but relieved that he is happy and healthy now.

Ah, hello ‘Zuzu pulled what amount to a miracle, then proceeded to admit all the scary health-related details afterwards’, my old friend. I don’t miss thee, but thou art familiar.

my turn to pray for his protection now, I guess

my boy,,, the absolute mixbag of emotions of stanning you… wouldn’t have it any other way, but let me sigh, yeah?

Can someone clarify something for me?  Some of the news reports I've read seemed to imply that because of his landing his 4a on two feet it doesn't count as a 4a.  Are they correct?  I thought because of the points the judges removed that the basic 4a remained but with negative GOE.  Exactly what is the situation?  Did Yuzu skate the first 4a in competition?

17 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Can someone clarify something for me?  Some of the news reports I've read seemed to imply that because of his landing his 4a on two feet it doesn't count as a 4a.  Are they correct?  I thought because of the points the judges removed that the basic 4a remained but with negative GOE.  Exactly what is the situation?  Did Yuzu skate the first 4a in competition?

The 4A was downgraded and got the points of a 3A (with minus GOEs). So, it didn't count as a 4A.

But as far as I know, even if Yuzu would've landed a clean 4A, it wouldn't have been ratified as the first 4A ever landed because it would've been in a national competition. I think only landing it at an international comp would count.

4 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

The 4A was downgraded and got the points of a 3A (with minus GOEs). So, it didn't count as a 4A.

But as far as I know, even if Yuzu would've landed a clean 4A, it wouldn't have been ratified as the first 4A ever landed because it would've been in a national competition. I think only landing it at an international comp would count.

Thank you.  So now we have to wait until Beijing.  Oh, well, we've had plenty of practice in waiting so we should be able to cope.