General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzu lives to make a splash, A BIG SPLASH, so he's not going to compete unless he is confident of skating clean and making a statement. Especially since it is in Japan and after such a long absence. Therefore, I am sure that he will debut Rondo and am optimistic of squeaky clean skates. It will be a repeat of last year's Japanese Nationals, except with higher scores. It will be THE RETURN OF THE KING.

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu lives to make a splash, A BIG SPLASH, so he's not going to compete unless he is confident of skating clean and making a statement. Especially since it is in Japan and after such a long absence. Therefore, I am sure that he will debut Rondo and am optimistic of squeaky clean skates. It will be a repeat of last year's Japanese Nationals, except with higher scores. It will be THE RETURN OF THE KING.

I love your enthusiasm!!! Make it so, Yuzu!

Yuzu's bio on the Fuji website has been updated. It says his SP is "Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso," choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle and Shae-Lynn Bourne, and his FP is "Ten to Chi to," choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne.

https://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/figure/skater/YuzuruHANYU.html

[NEWS]

ETA: @lajoitko beat me to it! :biggrin:

Guest Mary_kyo

Maybe not directly Yuzu related but Rika’s situation is just so heart-breaking and this is a major example that “unfair scoring” has a lot more consequences rather than just a medal. If she was given her rightful medal in Saitama, she didn’t need to skate with a severe injury now. But well, Rika is not Yuma. Just like how Kazuki wasn’t Yuma. So so sad for Rika. :crybaby:

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Yuzu's bio on the Fuji website has been updated. It says his SP is "Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso," choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle and Shae-Lynn Bourne, and his FP is "Ten to Chi to," choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne.

https://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/figure/skater/YuzuruHANYU.html

[NEWS]

ETA: @lajoitko beat me to it! :biggrin:

I decided to be fast as light today and already updated Yuzu's Wiki pages  :9:

On Nats and specically Fuji's coverage of the competition.  I think the folks there must be grinning with great anticipation.  Why?  We all know Yuzu is big in Japan, but big far beyond being a figure skater.  He's a national figure and the Japanese public know of the injury that kept him out of NHK and they know it's been quite some time since he last competed and they know he's (hopefully) heading to Beijing for potentially a third consecutive gold medal.  With all that Fuji's ratings for Nats are going to be HUGE.  They'll want to know - Is he healed?  Is he ready?  Is he going to give us Japanese the first sighting of Nessie in full glory?  If not for the rest of the competition (women, pairs, dance) the men's competitions are going to be very, very widely watched and probably the international streams are going to have gigantic audiences also.  I'm just hoping they'll allow gifts to be thrown on the ice.  If so, well, the Pooh supply has been damned up for far too long.  The return of Pooh will be a grand sight to behold.

12 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Unfortunately, it is forbidden to throw gifts. You can't even bring them there. You cannot shout or clap loudly. You can only applaud.

Indeed, I saw what was written (and I also think you ALL) and all this is in prevention of COVID which is, unfortunately, always present  :(  and I saw that there is no flower girls who usually pick up gifts on the ice and the multitude of  : dpooh:  after Yuzu's performances and, for my part, the main thing will be to admire her SP "rondo capriccio or capriccioso" and in FS her "heaven ans hearth " :heartpound: