General Yuzuru Chat

Oh I adore the really beautiful new watch!  Hope and Legacy at Worlds 2017 was the first of Yuzuru's performances that I saw live, it has such special meaning to me. I wish I could find a way to get this watch, but even if I knew someone in China there are limited numbers and I would imagine demand will outstrip supply, I'm assuming from the watch there will be 1994 watches in total. Thinking about it, my teen has a friend with family in Hong Kong......it's a big ask but should I?? :think: .... :think: ......

Just now, Pammi said:

Oh I adore the really beautiful new watch!  Hope and Legacy at Worlds 2017 was the first of Yuzuru's performances that I saw live, it has such special meaning to me. I wish I could find a way to get this watch, but even if I knew someone in China there are limited numbers and I would imagine demand will outstrip supply, I'm assuming from the watch there will be 1994 watches in total. Thinking about it, my teen has a friend with family in Hong Kong......it's a big ask but should I?? :think: .... :think: ......

OMG go for it!!!! 

11 minutes ago, Melodie said:

OMG go for it!!!! 

Just raised it with my teen - NO WAY will they be asking their friend to help with that lol!! Oh well I tried....

On 12/3/2021 at 7:41 PM, DancingFeather said:

I disagree on this one. Rondo Capriccioso doesn't fit Otoñal programm for me. You did a great job though!

Yuzuru skating to lyrical piano music is a perfect match and hence, the character of both pieces is similar (in your edit), his flow, soft mouvements and musical breathing (hope you know what I mean) fit both. But he underlines so many musical details that, for me, Otoñal doesn't work with another music than Otoñal. I 'm not speaking about the big accentuations we see in (almost) everyone's interpretations, but Yuzuru's ability to for example increase movements to musical highlights even though it's not a jump (White legend 2021), or to do casually some easy steps exactly to the rhythm (first four steps of Olympic PW), or his mastery of final pose absolutely on point.

Otoñal as a more quiet one is full of subtle, very musical movements. I love it, and maybe I just can't seperate the music from the performance. So for me: only new SP of Yuzuru to new Rondo Capriccioso cut.

EDIT

I would only partly agree here. It's true that both Otonal and Rondo have piano parts, but there are some big differences:

• Rondo is a pure piano arrangement in our case, while Otonal also has orchestra parts (timbre and set of instruments is different)
  • Otonal doesn't have that big tempo changes, while Rondo switches from a slow-paced intro to a very quick staccato sound
  • The melody, tonality and also the musical phrasing and structure are different for the two pieces

So overall I would say that the character of Rondo and Otonal is quite different. Rondo and Ballade are closer to each other in that regard, but an overlay wouldn't work either.

Remember the overlay challenge some months ago? I tried to point out exactly this. No matter what overlay music you choose - it's never a 100% match with his movements. Maybe 50-60%, but not more. It might fit the genre/ vibe... or the tempo... or rhythm... or volume/ intensity changes... but never everything at the same time, because Yuzu is SO VERY PRECISE with musical interpretation. He translates at least 6 of the 10 main musical aspects at the same time (#1-5 and #8). Always. Sometimes even more.

Most skaters' choreographies are interchangeable, because - even if they hit the notes - the musical phrasing and structure of the piece are completely ignored. Every musical piece - like a poem or novel - has a dramaturgical build and comes to a conclusion. It can be linear, circular ore more complex. This structure must be reflected in both - the choice of movements and the placement of the technical elements in the choreo to maximize their musical value and impact.

You can hit the notes like Yuzu did with his 4T+3T in 4CC Chopin.

Or you can hit the notes AND amplify the culmination of the piece by placing the biggest technical element right on the crescendo like Yuzu did with the 4T+3T in Olympic Chopin. That one really deserved credit for "highlight distribution" as it was THE choreographic highlight of the program, leading right into the closing step sequence. That was brilliantly done.

Same goes for the 3A in LMEY. It not just hits a note. It hits THE note. The most striking guitar note of the whole piece which leaves a very strong and long-lasting impact on the audience. The 3A in Masquerade has a perfect place in the choreo, too.

1 minute ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

This is a Yuzu Christmas that does not come close to his best works and the song is called "Chrismas Eve" by Tatsuro Yamashita "and a thought for his birthday, also  :cloth:   :puddingpooh:  without Mr. Winnie : impossible to forget : balloons-smiley:

OUPPPSSS and desolate : google translate mistranslated what I wrote and NEVER put "that is not close to his best works" NAN and quite the opposite and you will see with your own eyes :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

Guest turquoiseblue

Russian junior pair skater Diana Mukhametzianova shares a story about Yuzu in a recent MatchTV article:
"They told me lose weight and look for partner myself. Basically, they kicked me out." Sad story of the Russian pair skater from Mozer’s school (English translation by FS Gossips)

Which competitions of yours takes a special place your heart at the moment?

Diana Mukhametzianova: Junior Grand Prix Final in Turin in 2019. There we moved up from third place to second, and in general there were a lot of positive moments. I talked and took pictures with Yuzuru Hanyu – he is one of my idols. In person he’s so smiling and kind! I asked Yuzuru to share some of the toys that fans give him. He gave a couple, and I kept Winnie the Pooh as a keepsake. It’s cool – a fairy-tale character from Yuzuru himself!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I ordered the new CITIZEN X YUZU watch successfully at 12:07:24 (the sale starts at 12:07:00)!!!:clapping-smiley: I immediately re-checked the ordering page, it says "Out of Stock". What a competition! Basically, you need to fill up the ordering address beforehand, otherwise there is no way to buy it.

3 hours ago, jier said:

I ordered the new CITIZEN X YUZU watch successfully at 12:07:24 (the sale starts at 12:07:00)!!!:clapping-smiley: I immediately re-checked the ordering page, it says "Out of Stock". What a competition! Basically, you need to fill up the ordering address beforehand, otherwise there is no way to buy it.

Lucky you. So it was gone within a minute? 

18 hours ago, Pammi said:

Just raised it with my teen - NO WAY will they be asking their friend to help with that lol!! Oh well I tried....

Awww, that's too bad. I have a friend who has family in Hong Kong (or maybe China), and I'm tempted to ask for help to buy the watch too, but she's sometimes on questionable terms with those relatives though. :P Also, with the watch being a hot limited item, it's kinda hard to ask someone to click-battle for you to get it. :13877886:

I'm working from home and my office chair recently broke, so I'm looking to get a new one. The highly recommended office chairs seem to go for around $500 - $1000, and I'm like, "I don't want to pay that much for an office chair." :yznotimpressed:

On the other hand, the H&L Citizen watch costs 4580 yuan, which is about $720 USD, and I'm totally willing to drop the money for it even though I don't need another watch and I probably won't wear it much for fear of scratching it and stuff. Compare to the office chair, which I will use for many hours everyday. :embSwan:

3 hours ago, jier said:

Congratulations! You're so lucky!

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

Awww, that's too bad. I have a friend who has family in Hong Kong (or maybe China), and I'm tempted to ask for help to buy the watch too, but she's sometimes on questionable terms with those relatives though. :P Also, with the watch being a hot limited item, it's kinda hard to ask someone to click-battle for you to get it. :13877886:

I'm working from home and my office chair recently broke, so I'm looking to get a new one. The highly recommended office chairs seem to go for around $500 - $1000, and I'm like, "I don't want to pay that much for an office chair." :yznotimpressed:

On the other hand, the H&L Citizen watch costs 4580 yuan, which is about $720 USD, and I'm totally willing to drop the money for it even though I don't need another watch and I probably won't wear it much for fear of scratching it and stuff. Compare to the office chair, which I will use for many hours everyday. :embSwan:

Congratulations! You're so lucky!

My two previous blue mother of pearl watches are still stuck in China. I asked my Chinese friend to get them for me at Citizen shop in China. He got them but he was unable to ship it out to Brunei by air.Something to do with dangerous to ship by air as the watch has battery in it and the price was above 5000 yen.Its been one year plus now and i still havent seen my watches.I saw this H&L (universal) green face gold chain watch with yuzu's name in his handwritten chinese characters....make me wanted to get it! It is uncommon to own watches (with both English and Chinese signatures on separate watches) from a world famous male figure skater.Still have time to think about getting it ...who knows it might join its blue mother of pearl siblings in China:grin:

Guest Mary_kyo

Kao has talked about Yuzu in his instagram live. My understanding is that his SP custome was indeed inspired by Yuzu’s Otonal and that he got goosebumps after learning Yuzu’s SP is rondo (from the pamphlet of NHK). He is also worried for Yuzu’s injury.

Such a sweet kid, so much potential this kid has. The true gem in the next generation of Japanese skaters. Only if JSF stops (super unfair) politicking for just one kid and lowballing others.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].