General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, I love how Shinya plays the piano and how he arranged Haru yo, koi, so I believe he can do Saint-Saens justice, even if it's like a holy piece for me so I guess there would be absolutely no way of it not being absolutely amazing in the end! :love:

Yes, I've noticed it too! Otonal's beginning is so beautiful and underrated... few movements, but perfect. Honestly, the fact that they fit almost any music you put over is because they're just amazing to see, no matter the musical context. 

That's what's great about it ..Yuzu gives himself time to feel.  Sometimes it's right to leave room when the piece merits it.

31 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Talk about rare stuff in the Skating business... :dontdothistome:

Honestly this is true now! 

This morning I read a comment on the Figure Skating Reddit by someone who said they were watching a recent competition (not sure which one) with their boyfriend who asked them what the point of having skaters skate to music was?! Like, I know the musicality in skating was declining, but OMG it's really bad that people are even asking what the point of having music is. Is really so bad that people just want to watch people skate around and jump? 

This is why I love Yuzu's skating so much. He embodies the music and is an excellent performer. I don't think anyone can match him with this (especially in mens skating). Very excited to see his new SP!

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, I've noticed it too! Otonal's beginning is so beautiful and underrated... few movements, but perfect. Honestly, the fact that they fit almost any music you put over is because they're just amazing to see, no matter the musical context. 

I disagree on this one. Rondo Capriccioso doesn't fit Otoñal programm for me. You did a great job though!

Yuzuru skating to lyrical piano music is a perfect match and hence, the character of both pieces is similar (in your edit), his flow, soft mouvements and musical breathing (hope you know what I mean) fit both. But he underlines so many musical details that, for me, Otoñal doesn't work with another music than Otoñal. I 'm not speaking about the big accentuations we see in (almost) everyone's interpretations, but Yuzuru's ability to for example increase movements to musical highlights even though it's not a jump (White legend 2021), or to do casually some easy steps exactly to the rhythm (first four steps of Olympic PW), or his mastery of final pose absolutely on point.

Otoñal as a more quiet one is full of subtle, very musical movements. I love it, and maybe I just can't seperate the music from the performance. So for me: only new SP of Yuzuru to new Rondo Capriccioso cut.

6 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Same. With my eyesight I need a watch that has easy-to-see digits, so even tho it is so pretty, I still have to nope out :Poohgaveup:

I am quite happy with no digits, but I just can’t see a way of getting this. 

3 hours ago, cereus said:

New Yuzu Citizen watch:

Didn't they release 1207 of the previous ones? Looks like they upped the quantity to 1994 for this one.

It's so pretty! Such a beautiful design. It's my favorite of the Yuzu designs so far. And it has diamonds on 12 and on 7. :heartpound:

I was first thinking that a silver color might have been a better fit for the Hope&Legacy color scheme. But then I realized that this is a Yuzu design. Yuzu and silver? Naaah! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I want one! How to get one?!? :studsmatta:

16 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

I disagree on this one. Rondo Capriccioso doesn't fit Otoñal programm for me. You did a great job though!

Yuzuru skating to lyrical piano music is a perfect match and hence, the character of both pieces is similar (in your edit), his flow, soft mouvements and musical breathing (hope you know what I mean) fit both. But he underlines so many musical details that, for me, Otoñal doesn't work with another music than Otoñal. I 'm not speaking about the big accentuations we see in (almost) everyone's interpretations, but Yuzuru's ability to for example increase movements to musical highlights even though it's not a jump (White legend 2021), or to do casually some easy steps exactly to the rhythm (first four steps of Olympic PW), or his mastery of final pose absolutely on point.

Otoñal as a more quiet one is full of subtle, very musical movements. I love it, and maybe I just can't seperate the music from the performance. So for me: only new SP of Yuzuru to new Rondo Capriccioso cut.

Well of course of course we cannot separate music and performance - it was just a work of imagination, for me, to put the new music and old coreography together because I just cannot wait to see the new coreography, but I agree with you! 

6 hours ago, Melodie said:

Same. With my eyesight I need a watch that has easy to see numbers so even though it looks so pretty I still have to turn it off : Poohgaveup:

:wave:  , I read that EVERYONE admired the last Citizen Yuzu watch with its beautiful shades of blue / green, but it will stay in the dream box  :girlsigh: and I found the one from 2019

https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/187468043372  : we see them up close and would go well for Mélodie, since there are quite big numbers 

:agree:  the autographs of young Yuzu and those of 3/11 are symbolic and he has written "rabbit" on the one on the left : 67638860:  

Really love Yuzu's collaborations with Citizen. They're so beautiful, elegant and always look like a lot of thought was put into creating them. I always love the play on numbers and Chinese characters using kanji from Yuzu' name, and also their poetic posts.