General Yuzuru Chat

It's so quiet here and I miss Yuzuru so much. While we are waiting for new crumbs, here is my deepL translation of his interview in the DOI 2021 booklet. I think this was not translated yet. 

It't a bit sad to read this after his injury, but I hope his recovery is going well and he will be able to work towards his dream again soon 🙏

Spoiler

DOI 2021 booklet

羽生結弦選手インタビュー

厳しいシーズンだったから得られた、心の成長。

Interview with Yuzuru Hanyu

It's been a tough season and I've grown as a person.

新型コロナウイルス感染拡大で変則開催になった昨シーズンのフィギュアスケート。12月末の全日本選手権がシーズン初戦になり、その後は世界選手権と世界国別対抗戦に出場した羽生結弦だが、どの大会も自分が出場していいのかという葛藤を抱えながらの大会だった。そんな中でも圧巻ともいえる存在感を見せてくれた羽生。

その戦いを振り返るとともに、2015年以来6年ぶりの出演となる、“ドリーム・オン・アイス"への思いを話してもらった。

Due to the spread of the new Corona virus, last season's figure skating was held irregularly. Yuzuru Hanyu competed in the National Championships at the end of December, then the World Championships and the World Team Trophy, but in each event, he struggled to decide whether or not he should compete. We asked him to reflect on his performances and to share his thoughts on his first appearance on Dream on Ice in six years, since 2015.

ー久しぶりのドリーム·オン・アイス(DOI)出演ですが、このアイスショーへの思いや、印象に残っている過去の思い出を聞かせてください。

羽生DOIは僕にとって、いろんなことを学ぶ場所というよりも、「皆さんに見てもらいたい!」という気持ちの方が大きい場所でした。「自分の気持ちを演技に全部詰め込んで、いい演技をしたい!」「見て見て!」といった感じでずっと滑っていたように思います。その気持ちが強すぎて、空回ってしまうことが多いのもDOIでした。特に『Hello,I Love You」(2012年)のステップで転けてしまった時の演技は一生忘れられないと思います(笑)。

- It's been a long time since you've performed at DOI, what are your thoughts on this ice show and what are your most memorable past memories?

- Hanyu: DOI was not so much a place for me to learn something, it was more a place where I wanted to be seen. "I want to put all my feelings into my performance and give a good performance! Look at me!" That's how I felt the whole time. I think I was always like that. I'll never forget the moment when I fell on the steps of "Hello, I Love You" (2012) (laughs).

ー今回は、どんな羽生結弦を見せたいと思っていますか。

羽生まずは、DOIに久しぶりに出演させていただくので、これまでのいろんなショーや試合、練習を積み重ねた日々によって、あの頃よりも成長しているところを見せたいです。ただ、変わっていないことの方が多くて…….…。一つひとつの演技に全てのエネルギーを注ぎ込んでいきたいと思っていますし、あとは、やはり「『羽生結弦」だな」と感じていただきたいです。

- What kind of Yuzuru Hanyu do you want to show this time?

- Hanyu: First of all, it' s been a long time since I've performed at DOI, so I want to show that I've improved since then, through all the shows, competitions and training I've done. However, there are many things that haven't changed: I want to put all my energy into each performance, and I also want the audience to feel that this is Yuzuru Hanyu.

一昨シーズンは大変なシーズンで苦労したと思いますが、初戦の全日本選手権は「絶対にノーミスをする」という覚悟を感じる演技だと思って見させてもらいました。全日本へ向けてはどういう風に自分の気持ちを盛り上げ、とどんな思いを持って臨んだのですか。

羽生昨シーズンは、全試合ノーミスすることしか考えてなかったので、全日本しかノーミスできなくて悔しい気持ちは強くあります。全日本は、11月の終わり頃に初めてフリーの通しでノーミスができて、そこから一気に仕上がっていきました。ショートはそこそこノーミスできていたのですが、やはりクワドアクセル(4A)の練習との両立が難しかったこともあり、フリーはなかなかうまくいきませんでした。左足への負荷もかなり強く、身体にも、他のジャンプの練習にも大きな影響が出ていたので、初めてフリーのノーミスができた1週間前ぐらいからは、4Aを諦めて全日本のための練習をしていきました。

全日本に出るべきなのかどうなのか、という気持ちはずっとあって、ギリギリまで決心ができませんでしたが、練習だけは積んでおこうと思い、しっかりと練習はこなしました。その練習の成果が初めてのフリーのノーミスという結果に繋がったので、それから自分の練習内容にすごく自信を持って、いい状態で臨めたと思います。コロナ禍ということで、葛藤もかなりありましたが、ある意味では、その悩みのおかげで自分が試合に出る意味、スケートをする意味をちゃんとわかった上で試合に臨めました。精神的にすごく落ち着いた、自分の最高の演技をするということだけに気持ちを使えたと思っています。

- The season before last was a tough one, and I think you struggled a lot, but I felt that you were very determined to make no mistakes in your performance in your first competition of last season, the National Championships. How did you prepare yourself for Nationals, and what kind of thoughts did you have?

- Hanyu: Last season, all I thought about was to make no mistakes in every competition, so I was very disappointed that I could only skate without mistakes at Nationals. In my preparation for Nationals, I was able to skate my first clean FS around the end of November, and from then on, I improved quickly. I had already managed to make no mistakes in the SP, but it was difficult to balance it with my 4A practice, so I couldn't do well in the FS. The impact on my left foot was so heavy that it affected my body, as well as my other jumps, so I gave up 4A about a week before I had my first clean FS, and started to train for Nationals. I was wondering whether or not I should compete at Nationals, and I couldn't make up my mind until the very last minute, but I decided to practice hard, and I did. The result of my practice was that I made no mistakes in my first FS, so I had a lot of confidence in my practice, and I think I was in good shape. I had a lot of inner conflicts, because of the Corona disaster, but in a way, it helped me to understand the meaning of competing, and the meaning of skating. Mentally, I was very calm, and I could use my mind just to give my best performance. 

-全日本のショートプログラム(SP)は、全部を見どころにしたいとも考えた、と話していた言葉をそのまま感じるような演技で、シットスピンが0点と判定されたのは残念でしたが、観る限りはノーミスと思える滑りだと思いました。その演技を自身はどのように評価していますか。また、シットスピンのミスの要因をどう分析しているか聞かせてください。気持ちが乗りすぎてしまったのではないかとも思いましたが、いかがでしょうか。

羽生本来はもう少し早めにツイズルからシットスピンに移行できるはずだったのですが、もっと速く回りたいという気持ちが強くて、助走を少し多くしてしまったことと、シットスピンのあとの音で手拍子を誘いたいという気持ちが勝手に出てきてしまって(笑)。楽しかったことは楽しかったのですが、楽しみすぎました。やはり試合なので、ちゃんと地に足をつけた上で、楽しむべきだと、すごく反省しました。ただ、自分にダメ出しするだけでなく、久しぶりの試合で、新プログラムという状況であってもノーミスできたことは評価してあげたいとも思いました。

- It was a pity that your sit spin was given 0 points, but as far as I saw, I thought you made no mistakes. How do you see your performance and how do you analyze the reason of your sit spin mistake? I thought you might have been too emotional, what do you think?

- Hanyu: Originally, I should have moved from the twizzle the to sit spin a little earlier, but I wanted to spin faster, so I had to do a little more run-up, and then I wanted to invite people to clap with the sound right after the sit spin (laughs). I had fun, but I had too much fun. I was reminded that it was a competition, and I should have fun while still keeping my feet on the ground. However, I don't want to only criticize myself, but I also want to give credit to myself for not making any mistakes, even though it was my first competition in a long time, with a new program.

ーフリースケーティング(FS)の『天と地と』も羽生選手らしい世界観を存分に味わわせてくれるプログラムで、初戦からあそこまで完成させていたのに驚きました。上杉謙信公への思いの強さ、また、それに決めるまでの経緯と考えたことを聞かせてください。

羽生かなりいろんな曲を聴いて、それでもなかなか決まらなく、とても時間のかかった選曲でした。小学生の頃から上杉謙信公のことが好きで、考え方や戦い方に憧れを抱く存在でした。この曲を聴いたときに、今の自分の気持ちと謙信公の考え方などに共通点があるような感じがして、この曲を滑りたいと思いました。

- I was surprised that you were able to complete your FS so well in your first competition. Please tell us about your feelings for Lord Uesugi Kenshin, and how you decided on this piece of music and what you were thinking about it.

- Hanyu: I listened to quite a lot of different songs and still couldn't decide on the right one, so it was a very time-consuming selection. I've been fascinated by Lord Uesugi Kenshin since I was in primary school, and I always admired the way he thought and fought. When I heard this music, I felt that there were similarities between my current feelings and Kenshin's mindset, so I wanted to perform to this music.

-自分で曲を編集した苦労はどのようなものでしたか。

羽生『SEIMEI」の時からこれまで、いろんな経験を積んできて、わりとイメージはすぐに浮かんでいきました。そのイメージを伝えたりすることが難しくて、苦戦したところはありましたが、イメージ通りのプログラムにしていただけました。表現したい物語や想いなどは固まっていたので、そこまで迷うことはありませんでした。

- What were the difficulties of editing the music by yourself?

- Hanyu: Since "SEIMEI", I've had a lot of experience, so I had an idea of what I wanted to do pretty soon. It was difficult to express that idea to the audience, so I had some difficulties, but finally it turned out to be the program that I had in my mind. I knew exactly what I wanted to express, so I didn't have any doubts.

-全日本の自身の演技や、結果をどう評価していますか。それを踏まえたうえで、その時点では開催が正式決定していなかった世界選手権へ向けては、どういう風に立ち向かおうと考えていましたか。

羽生全日本はかなり満足していました。戦いに勝つとか、ノーミスできたからとか、そういう理由ではなく、練習がしっかりと結果に結びついてくれたことが何よりも嬉しかったです。でも、その時の世界選手権に向けての気持ちは、すごくフワフワしたものでした。正直、まだその舞台で演技をするイメージが湧きませんでした。全日本で目標が完全に達成されてしまっていたので、少しだけ燃え尽きていたのかもしれません。ただ、身体を早く回復させて、4Aを成功させるんだという決意はありました。

- How did you evaluate your performance and results at Nationals, and how did you approach the World Championships, which wasn't officially confirmed at that time?

- Hanyu: I was pretty satisfied with Nationals. Not because I won the competition, or because I made no mistakes, but I was more than happy that my practice had led to a solid result. But at that time, my feelings toward the World Championships were very vague. To be honest, I didn't have an image of performing on that stage at that time. Maybe I was a little burned out since my goal had been completely achieved at Nationals. However, I was determined to recover my body as soon as possible, and to succeed in 4A.

-世界選手権は特殊な形式での大会になり、全日本と同じような葛藤もあったと思います。また最大の目標はオリンピック出場枠獲得に定めていたとも話していましたが、どう考え、どういう気持ちで臨みましたか。

羽生はっきり言ってしまうと、試合への準備が全然できていませんでした。何よりも4Aを降りたい、4Aとともに世界選手権

にいきたいという気持ちだけで練習していました。その練習での足へのダメージもかなり大きく、直前には地震などもあってかなり心も身体も消耗しきっていました。ただ、世界選手権はオリンピック出場枠がかかる大切な試合なので、4Aという一番のモチベーションは捨てて、オリンピック出場枠を最大で獲得するために滑るんだという意志で滑ってきました。

- The World Championships was held in a unique format, and I'm sure you had the same conflicts as at Nationals. You also said that your main goal was to win slots for the Olympics, what were your thoughts and feelings going into it?

- Hanyu: To be honest, I wasn't prepared for the competition at all. More than anything, I wanted to land 4A, to go to the World Championships with 4A. I only wanted to go to the World Championships with 4A. I had suffered a lot of damage to my legs during the practice, and the earthquake just before the competition had drained me both mentally and physically. However, since the World Championships is an important competition where the Olympic slots are on stake, I threw away my main motivation of 4A and skated with the will to win the maximum number of Olympic slots.

-世界選手権での自身の演技や、結果についての評価を聞かせてください。また同じような環境で開催された世界国別対抗戦の評価もお願いします。

羽生世界選手権にはいいイメージがないです。当時は「頑張った」と思えましたが、今もまだ映像を見返すことができません。原因は完全に試合への準備不足で、全日本でできていた演技すらもできなかったことがとても悔しいです。国別対抗戦は、かなり体力もギリギリの試合でした。帰ってきて隔離生活の中でセルフケアをし、しっかりと休んで、試合に出るまででいっぱいいっぱいの時間でした。どちらの試合も後悔はしていませんし、それぞれの最善は尽くせたと思っていますが、演技内容は満足いくものではありませんでした。ただ、エキシビションでの『花は咲く』は両大会とも、心からの演技ができましたし、僕自身が幸せをいただきました。また、国別対抗戦での練習で、4Aにトライして、全然ダメだったからこそ、また改めていろんなことを考えさせられて、4Aの成功に繋がる道筋が見えてきたように感じています。

- Please tell us about your performance at the World Championships and your opinion about the result. Also, please give us your opinion about the World Team Trophy, which was held in a unique atmosphere.

- Hanyu: I don't have a good memory of the World Championships. At that time, I felt that I did my best, but even now, I still can't look back at the video footage. The reason is that I was completely unprepared for the competition, and I am very disappointed that I couldn't perform as well as I was able to at Nationals. 

WTT was a competition in which I was on the very edge of my physical strength. I had a very full schedule after coming back to Japan, caring for myself in isolation, resting properly, and then getting ready to compete. I don't regret either of the competitions, I think I did my best in each of them, but I wasn't satisfied with my performances. However, in both competitions, I was able to perform "Hana wa Saku" from the bottom of my heart, and it filled me with happiness. Also, I tried 4A in the WTT practice, and it didn't go well at all, which made me think about many things again, and I feel like I've found a way to succeed in 4A.

-出場したのは3試合のみのシーズンでしたが、シーズンを通しての戦いから得られたものを教えてください。

羽生それぞれの試合での目標は達成できていますし、それによって自分を肯定してあげられるようになったことが、このシーズンで一番成長したことだと思います。もちろん世界選手権はかなり悔しいですが、目標自体は達成でき、また演技内容もその時のベストではあったと思うので、ある意味では肯定できています。あと、練習の仕方や考え方が確立されてきたことは大きいです。そして、それがちゃんと結果として出てくれたのもかなり大きな収穫でした。まだまだ改良の余地はありますが、自習理論に頼り切れるようになりました。

- This has been a season in which you have only participated in three competitions, but please tell us what you have gained from fighting throughout the season.

- Hanyu: I've achieved some goals in each competition, and I've been able to confirm myself through them, which I think is what I've grown the most this season. Of course, I'm very disappointed about the World Championships, but I achieved my goal, and I think my performance was the best that I could do at that time, so in a sense, I can accept it. Also, the way I practice and the way I think have become more defined. And the fact that I was able to see the results of my efforts was also a big gain. There is still room for improvement, but I can now rely on my self-learning methods.

-来シーズンの大きな目標は、『天と地と』を4A入りで完壁な演技にすることだと思いますが、それに向けてどんな取り組みをしていこうと考えていますか。また、SPの予定を話せるようでしたら聞かせてください。

羽生まずは成功させてからじゃないと話にならないので、成功させたいです。まだ時間はかかるかもしれませんが、使える知識と知恵を全て使って、挑み続けたいです。まずは4Aではなく、アクセルジャンプと向き合いながら、4Aを目指そうと思っています。ショートは、『羽生結弦』ならではのプログラムにしたいと思っています。

- I think your main goal for next season is to make a perfect performance of "Heaven and Earth" with 4A, what do you plan to do for that? Also, if you can tell us about your plans for SP, please let us know.

- Hanyu: First of all, I want to make sure that I succeed in my SP, because I can't talk about it unless I have done so. It may still take some time, but I want to use all the knowledge and wisdom available to me, and keep challenging myself. I think I'm going to aim at 4A, facing Axel jumps basics first, and then 4A. For the short program, I want to make it a unique program as "Yuzuru Hanyu".

一来シーズンが通常のシーズンと同じような形で試合が行われるとしたら、どういう目標を持ってどういうスケジュールで戦っていこうと考えていますか。またシーズンを通して目指そうとするものを教えてください。

羽生何よりも4A成功を目指して頑張っていきます。身体を壊さないようにしながらも、体力と気力カは、しっかりと使い切る時は使い切って、全力で頑張ります!

- If the next season will be similar to a normal season, what goals do you have and what schedule do you plan to compete in? Also, what are you aiming for throughout the season?

- Hanyu: Most of all, I'll try my best to succeed in 4A. I will try to not break my body, but I will use all my strength and energy whenever I can, and I will do my best!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

@Yuzu_legend, @tsubasanoyume,

How about sharing a photo/photos of the specific missing banner/banners on Twitter asking people if they saw the banner/banners somewhere? Spreading the image of missing banner/banners would help people identify it and its owner, and it may also prevent the person who took them from using them anywhere. (Sorry if you have already done it. Hope the banners will be found.)

Article Translation (google):

Hanyu's fans prepared the brightest support at the Grand Prix stage in Sochi. Japanese starred due to injury

"Sport Day by Day" spoke with the organizers of the action

11/28/21 11:23 AM
The Olympic season began with a large number of injuries for leading skaters. This changed the list of participants for several stages of the Grand Prix, and the Rostelecom Cup was no exception. One of the main losses of the tournament is the two-time Olympic champion Japanese Yuzuru Hanyu, who was forced to withdraw due to an ankle injury.

But Hanyu's fans decided that his absence was not a reason to refuse the support of their beloved skater. They organized an amazing event, the main goal of which is to wish Yuzuru a speedy recovery and show him their love.

Administrators of the VKontakte group "Yuzuru Hanyu ≡ hope and legacy of figure skating"prepared 60 flags and 200 banners with Winnie the Pooh, which were handed out to everyone, and another 30 small banners with bears and five large banners were hung on the stands: three with the image of Hanyu himself and two with Winnie.

“Sport Day by Day” talked to the organizers of this action - Irina and Elizaveta, who told how this idea came about and, most importantly, what it is for.

- Because of the coronavirus, you cannot throw toys on the ice, there has been no Pooh rain for a long time. I really wanted to support Hanya. In addition, lately there are a lot of phrases in the style: "Even if he hadn't showed up, there would have been a full hall." However, tickets were sold out in three minutes. But he took off, and the stands were empty - now you can sit in any place. Even now, on the day of the competition, you can buy tickets, before it was canceled everything was bought. Therefore, these Poohs are also a sign that you can say whatever you want, but people from afar still come to it, - said Irina.

Many of Hanyu's fans turned in their tickets after news of his withdrawal from the tournament. They were upset, so another goal of the action was to support Yuzuru's fans and organize a real holiday for them, albeit without his main culprit. And we managed to do it. There are hundreds of photos and happy messages on social media.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

It's admirable how much thought and effort Yuzu puts into his programs and performances. That's why his programs and performances are so special. You can really see, hear and feel that Yuzu isn't just about completing his jumps, spins and other elements. He tells stories on the ice. He paints pictures. He evokes emotions in people. This is the reason why people watch a single performance of his and always remember him and fall in love with him and his skating. :heartpound:

[NEWS]