General Yuzuru Chat

hace 11 minutos , Muralla17 said:

Really beautiful flag. Wyell's design too? 

Of course :D !! The reverse side (we prepared banners and tote bags) was Ballade...everything rearranged in a hurry after Yuzu changed his programs for 4CC...ahhh to think about Montreal after cancelling everything for CoR three days ago...:weeping:

But in the end it doesn't matter, the only thing I really wish and pray for is that Yuzu can heal completely and achieve what his heart desires!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

The huge news in Japan is Shohei Ohtani's selection as MVP (Most Valuable Player) in the American League baseball.  He is the same age as Yuzu and also from Tohoku region, and they often appeared together on sports awards ceremonies.  Here Elle Japan is celebrating the two athletes in a special side-by-side photo collection.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
6 hours ago, Umebachi said:

The huge news in Japan is Shohei Ohtani's selection as MVP (Most Valuable Player) in the American League baseball.  He is the same age as Yuzu and also from Tohoku region, and they often appeared together on sports awards ceremonies.  Here Elle Japan is celebrating the two athletes in a special side-by-side photo collection.

Shohei Ohtani not only won the American League MVP award, he won it unanimously – receiving all 30 first-place votes. He is only the 11th ballplayer in history to win the AL MVP award unanimously.

What Shohei Ohtani did in the 2021 season is absolutely unprecedented. No one in the history of Major League Baseball has done what he did this year. I know that Shohei Ohtani is huge news in Japan because he is the winner of the American League MVP award, but I do not think that the Japanese fully realize how significant his accomplishments have been. First of all, I acknowledge that receiving the MVP award for the American League or the National League in itself is a tremendous accomplishment. In being selected for this award, you are being recognized as the best ballplayer in the American League or National League for that season; however, it is an annual award. Someone wins the MVP in each league every year. As I said, what Shohei Ohtani accomplished in the 2021 season is unprecedented. It has never been done before in the history of baseball and so being awarded the MVP for the AL is, in a sense, an understatement.

As I have stated under the spoiler below, Shohei Ohtani’s unique accomplishment this season was rewarded with the MLB Commissioner’s Historic Achievement Award which was presented to him before the start of the first World Series game. The description of his arrival to receive this award matched that of Yuzu arriving at the airport for the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics.

Shohei Ohtani is a Japanese playing an American game and proving that he is the best ballplayer in history and American experts and commentators are loving him for it. Look under the spoiler for the wonderful things being said about Shohei Ohtani.

Spoiler

I have placed under the spoiler a more detailed discussion of Shohei Ohtani's accomplishments and his other awards in the 2021 season.

Spoiler

A "two-way player" in baseball is someone who can pitch the baseball as well as hit the baseball as a batter. Until Shohei Ohtani, there had been only one two-way player in the history of Major League Baseball and that was the legendary Babe Ruth. When Shohei Ohtani first came to the MLB, he was compared to Babe Ruth and there were many doubters. Not only has Shohei Ohtani lived up to the comparison, but he has surpassed Babe Ruth in the 2021 season. He is an elite batter as well as an elite pitcher.

As a batter, he had 46 home runs, 26 doubles, 8 triples, 100 runs batted in and 26 stolen bases. There were only two other ballplayers who hit more home runs than Shohei and their totals were 48 each – 2 more, and they spent all their time devoting practice to hitting balls.

As a pitcher, he had a record of 9 wins to 2 losses with 156 strikeouts.

Since Babe Ruth in 1919, no one had ever pitched and batted at the same time in the MLB. Babe Ruth only spent two seasons while with the Boston Red Sox being a two-way player. When he was drafted by the New York Yankees, he became a legendary batter, but no longer pitched. In the beginning, Shohei was called a "generational" talent. Then it became a "once in a century" talent since he was the first two-way player since Babe Ruth. Now, since he has surpassed Babe Ruth, he is referred to as a "never before" talent and a "unicorn" and "space alien".

The American League MVP award is only the latest addition to his post-season trophy haul which included the Players Choice Award – as voted by his peers in the Major League Baseball Players Association – for Major League Baseball Player of the Year (of both the American and National Leagues) as well as Outstanding Player of the American League for 2021. One might argue that this was more significant than receiving the AL MVP award since the Players Choice Awards have been voted on by his fellow elite ballplayers. The MVP award is voted on by members of the Baseball Writers Association of America.

Prior to the AL MVP award, Shohei Ohtani had already been selected Player of the Year by Baseball Digest, Baseball America and Sporting News. He had already received the Silver Slugger Award as designated hitter.

Perhaps the most significant award that Shohei received was the (MLB) Commissioner's Historic Achievement Award for his unprecedented two-way performance this season. This is not an annual award. The last time it was awarded was in 2014. It is only awarded when, as the name suggests, a player achieves something historic and unprecedented.

The reason I mention Shohei Ohtani here is because he and Yuzuru Hanyu have many things in common including being born in the same year (1994) and being born in Tohoku – Yuzu in Miyagi and Shohei in Iwate. They are both survivors of the 3/11 earthquake and tsunami. They also share many personality traits as well as good looks, except Shohei is 193 cm (6'4") tall and weighs 95 kg (210 pounds) and Yuzu is 172 cm (5'8") tall and weighs 53 kg (117 pounds). They each have an amazing aura and charisma. They are both humble and respectful. Just as Yuzu picks up articles from the ice, Shohei is constantly picking up stray trash from the ground and throwing it into a trash bin or, if one is not available, putting it into his pocket.

Just as Yuzu has fought back from injuries that could have been career-ending, Shohei has come back from injuries that could have ended his career. After a promising start in 2018 winning the Rookie of the Year award, it was announced on September 3, 2018 that Shohei was to undergo Tommy John surgery after an MRI showed new damage to his UCL which would prevent him from pitching until 2020. The 2019 season was prematurely ended by the need for further surgery to repair a bipartite patella. The 2020 season did not start until July 24 due to the pandemic and during this shortened season, Shohei did not perform particularly well either as a pitcher or designated hitter as a result of his injuries and lack of practice.

Despite all of these drawbacks, Shohei worked hard, persevered and overcame obstacles to accomplish this historic season.

Like Yuzu, Shohei Ohtani has been referred to as a "unicorn" and "space alien". Commentators and sports fans alike say that we are lucky to be alive to witness this never seen before and will never see again athlete. Fans of other teams are cheering for him and saying that they tune in to watch games just to see Shohei Ohtani. People who have never watched baseball before are tuning in just to see him play. During a stoppage in play because of rain, the entire Toronto Blue Jays baseball team crowded together around a TV to watch Shohei Ohtani who was playing in a different game.

Shohei was picked to participate in the Home Run Derby and is the only player in the history of Major League Baseball to be chosen for the All-Star Game as both a pitcher and position player. He was the starting pitcher and starting hitter for the American League. Other All-Star players who were interviewed, expressed awe and amazement at Shohei's abilities and performance. Vladimir Guerrero Jr., who had an amazing season as a position player and hitter with 48 home runs and who would have been the MVP of the American League if not for Shohei Ohtani wanted to be introduced to Shohei Ohtani. When a picture was taken of the two of them together, Vlad made a point of asking the person who took the picture to send a copy to him.

Like Yuzu, Shohei had his own white wall when he was awarded the AL MVP award.

As a guy who's first love was baseball and who was scolded for scrunching up an Ice Rink Sendai pamphlet into a ball, rolling up a magazine and using it as a bat to play baseball with a couple of other boys, I'm sure that Yuzu has been following Shohei Ohtani's amazing 2021 season.

These are two videos showing the similarities between Yuzu and Shohei.

For those of you who may be interested in seeing the MLB official channel's video of the highlights of Shohei Ohtani's amazing 2021 season, this is it under the spoiler.

Spoiler

While Ohtani did amazing things both as a hitter and a pitcher, the one blip on his record is that his team didn't make the playoffs (which is obviously the team's fault, not his). If they had, i"m sure the accolades would've been even greater since he would have been considered the player that dragged an average team further than they should have gone, but very rarely does a single player carry an entire team, at least not in baseball. I know that he has expressed the desire to be on a winning team, and his contract is close to being over, so they have to make some moves in the off season to improve. Many better teams would pay big bucks for him.

5 時間前, Geo1さんが言いました:

Shohei Ohtani not only won the American League MVP award, he won it unanimously – receiving all 30 first-place votes. He is only the 11th ballplayer in history to win the AL MVP award unanimously.

What Shohei Ohtani did in the 2021 season is absolutely unprecedented. No one in the history of Major League Baseball has done what he did this year. I know that Shohei Ohtani is huge news in Japan because he is the winner of the American League MVP award, but I do not think that the Japanese fully realize how significant his accomplishments have been. First of all, I acknowledge that receiving the MVP award for the American League or the National League in itself is a tremendous accomplishment. In being selected for this award, you are being recognized as the best ballplayer in the American League or National League for that season; however, it is an annual award. Someone wins the MVP in each league every year. As I said, what Shohei Ohtani accomplished in the 2021 season is unprecedented. It has never been done before in the history of baseball and so being awarded the MVP for the AL is, in a sense, an understatement.

As I have stated under the spoiler below, Shohei Ohtani’s unique accomplishment this season was rewarded with the MLB Commissioner’s Historic Achievement Award which was presented to him before the start of the first World Series game. The description of his arrival to receive this award matched that of Yuzu arriving at the airport for the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics.

Shohei Ohtani is a Japanese playing an American game and proving that he is the best ballplayer in history and American experts and commentators are loving him for it. Look under the spoiler for the wonderful things being said about Shohei Ohtani.

Hide contents

I have placed under the spoiler a more detailed discussion of Shohei Ohtani's accomplishments and his other awards in the 2021 season.

Hide contents

A "two-way player" in baseball is someone who can pitch the baseball as well as hit the baseball as a batter. Until Shohei Ohtani, there had been only one two-way player in the history of Major League Baseball and that was the legendary Babe Ruth. When Shohei Ohtani first came to the MLB, he was compared to Babe Ruth and there were many doubters. Not only has Shohei Ohtani lived up to the comparison, but he has surpassed Babe Ruth in the 2021 season. He is an elite batter as well as an elite pitcher.

As a batter, he had 46 home runs, 26 doubles, 8 triples, 100 runs batted in and 26 stolen bases. There were only two other ballplayers who hit more home runs than Shohei and their totals were 48 each – 2 more, and they spent all their time devoting practice to hitting balls.

As a pitcher, he had a record of 9 wins to 2 losses with 156 strikeouts.

Since Babe Ruth in 1919, no one had ever pitched and batted at the same time in the MLB. Babe Ruth only spent two seasons while with the Boston Red Sox being a two-way player. When he was drafted by the New York Yankees, he became a legendary batter, but no longer pitched. In the beginning, Shohei was called a "generational" talent. Then it became a "once in a century" talent since he was the first two-way player since Babe Ruth. Now, since he has surpassed Babe Ruth, he is referred to as a "never before" talent and a "unicorn" and "space alien".

The American League MVP award is only the latest addition to his post-season trophy haul which included the Players Choice Award – as voted by his peers in the Major League Baseball Players Association – for Major League Baseball Player of the Year (of both the American and National Leagues) as well as Outstanding Player of the American League for 2021. One might argue that this was more significant than receiving the AL MVP award since the Players Choice Awards have been voted on by his fellow elite ballplayers. The MVP award is voted on by members of the Baseball Writers Association of America.

Prior to the AL MVP award, Shohei Ohtani had already been selected Player of the Year by Baseball Digest, Baseball America and Sporting News. He had already received the Silver Slugger Award as designated hitter.

Perhaps the most significant award that Shohei received was the (MLB) Commissioner's Historic Achievement Award for his unprecedented two-way performance this season. This is not an annual award. The last time it was awarded was in 2014. It is only awarded when, as the name suggests, a player achieves something historic and unprecedented.

The reason I mention Shohei Ohtani here is because he and Yuzuru Hanyu have many things in common including being born in the same year (1994) and being born in Tohoku – Yuzu in Miyagi and Shohei in Iwate. They are both survivors of the 3/11 earthquake and tsunami. They also share many personality traits as well as good looks, except Shohei is 193 cm (6'4") tall and weighs 95 kg (210 pounds) and Yuzu is 172 cm (5'8") tall and weighs 53 kg (117 pounds). They each have an amazing aura and charisma. They are both humble and respectful. Just as Yuzu picks up articles from the ice, Shohei is constantly picking up stray trash from the ground and throwing it into a trash bin or, if one is not available, putting it into his pocket.

Just as Yuzu has fought back from injuries that could have been career-ending, Shohei has come back from injuries that could have ended his career. After a promising start in 2018 winning the Rookie of the Year award, it was announced on September 3, 2018 that Shohei was to undergo Tommy John surgery after an MRI showed new damage to his UCL which would prevent him from pitching until 2020. The 2019 season was prematurely ended by the need for further surgery to repair a bipartite patella. The 2020 season did not start until July 24 due to the pandemic and during this shortened season, Shohei did not perform particularly well either as a pitcher or designated hitter as a result of his injuries and lack of practice.

Despite all of these drawbacks, Shohei worked hard, persevered and overcame obstacles to accomplish this historic season.

Like Yuzu, Shohei Ohtani has been referred to as a "unicorn" and "space alien". Commentators and sports fans alike say that we are lucky to be alive to witness this never seen before and will never see again athlete. Fans of other teams are cheering for him and saying that they tune in to watch games just to see Shohei Ohtani. People who have never watched baseball before are tuning in just to see him play. During a stoppage in play because of rain, the entire Toronto Blue Jays baseball team crowded together around a TV to watch Shohei Ohtani who was playing in a different game.

Shohei was picked to participate in the Home Run Derby and is the only player in the history of Major League Baseball to be chosen for the All-Star Game as both a pitcher and position player. He was the starting pitcher and starting hitter for the American League. Other All-Star players who were interviewed, expressed awe and amazement at Shohei's abilities and performance. Vladimir Guerrero Jr., who had an amazing season as a position player and hitter with 48 home runs and who would have been the MVP of the American League if not for Shohei Ohtani wanted to be introduced to Shohei Ohtani. When a picture was taken of the two of them together, Vlad made a point of asking the person who took the picture to send a copy to him.

Like Yuzu, Shohei had his own white wall when he was awarded the AL MVP award.

As a guy who's first love was baseball and who was scolded for scrunching up an Ice Rink Sendai pamphlet into a ball, rolling up a magazine and using it as a bat to play baseball with a couple of other boys, I'm sure that Yuzu has been following Shohei Ohtani's amazing 2021 season.

These are two videos showing the similarities between Yuzu and Shohei.

For those of you who may be interested in seeing the MLB official channel's video of the highlights of Shohei Ohtani's amazing 2021 season, this is it under the spoiler.

Hide contents

Thank you, @Geo1. I myself can't stop comparing Shohei to Yuzuru so I enjoyed your post. I didn't know Shohei ran so fast before I started watching his play this year, he clearly has "total package" like Yuzuru does and that is the most appealing to me as a sports fan. Yesterday Shohei had phone interview and he said he didn't have any plan (to cerebrate MVP) after this but would see his mother and sister since they were in town, and he would sleep early because he had something to do on next day :laughing: Needless to say, the most important thing is "the health" for both Yuzuru and Shohei, because we know they will be fantastic if they are healthy. Fingers crossed for them in next year and the seasons to come :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: