General Yuzuru Chat

Sochi (where he won his first Olympic gold medal) holds beautiful memories for Yuzu. So should he compete in CoR, I sincerely wish he receives HUGE psychological boost and positive energy to face challenges in this Olympic season. This will be crucial for his mental health which has been battered with unfair scrutiny and scoring of his performances in the past seasons and currently, with negative media reporting. Praying for the best possible outcomes for Yuzu:smiley-angelic001:

Yuzu withdrew from COR.

Google translate:

The Japan Skating Federation announced on the 17th that #羽生結弦 will miss the GP Series Russia Cup (opening on the 26th, Sochi).

#羽生結弦 Comment (1) Thank you very much for your support. I am doing my best to respond to the voices and feelings of support. Some movements cause pain, but in daily life, the effects of pain have disappeared.

#羽生結弦 Comment (2) We haven't reached the starting line yet, but we're steadily moving forward. We are looking forward to hearing from you. I'll do my best. (End)

It sounds like he is healing, so that's good. I'm glad he is taking things slowly and allowing himself to fully heal. Also relieved that he won't be exposed to possible COVID cases in Russia.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
8 minutes ago, Melodie said:

A bit curious about his wording (starting line) but that is trivial. It's great to hear he is steadily doing better. 

All the best to Yuzu :8430721:

I guess he means he hasn't been able to start the season yet since he hasn't competed.

Here's a translation from a real person:

[NEWS]

ETA: Posted this at the same time as your translation from Lae. :happy:

Let me share my translation of Yuzu's comment as well:

Source (PDF of the announcement from JSF): https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/common/img/info/21Rostelecom_Yuzuru Hanyu.pdf

"Thank you so much for your support. 

I am trying my best to live up to the voices and thoughts of supports from you. 

Some movements still cause pain, but I am getting less affected by the pain during activities in daily life. 

I haven't reached the starting line yet, but I will continue moving forward step by step.

Thank you for your continuous support. I will do my best."

As to the "starting line," I think he probably means that he hasn't been able to resume training (that he is still rehabilitating.) Also, he doesn't say that he doesn't have pain in daily life any more. But good to hear that he is getting better to some degree. Praying for your full and speedy recovery, Yuzu!

[NEWS]

一小时前, SuzyQ说:

SF has stated that Yuzuru remains in the list for the spots even if he withdraws from the Nationals.

I read some of the comments to this article, there is much debate over it. I feel if Yuzu really wants to go to Olympics, he will attend JNats even he is not in full capacity just to shut people up. But if he chooses not to attend JNat, I really think he might skip Olympics as well. Shun is likely to be the next in line to Olymics, which may be a motivational factor for Yuzu not to participate if he is hesitant. Well...personally I really want to see him live in Olympics in BJ (my hometown), but I completely understand the tough situation he is in. I just wish he achieves all he wants while not sacrificing too much. Always trust and support his decision. 

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Let me share my translation of Yuzu's comment as well:

Source (PDF of the announcement from JSF): https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/common/img/info/21Rostelecom_Yuzuru Hanyu.pdf

As to the "starting line," I think he probably means that he hasn't been able to resume training (that he is still rehabilitating.) Also, he doesn't say that he doesn't have pain in daily life any more. But good to hear that he is getting better to some degree. Praying for your full and speedy recovery, Yuzu!

[NEWS]

Thank you so much for such a translation, including nuances about Yuzu's words.

55 minutes ago, jier said:

I read some of the comments to this article, there is much debate over it. I feel if Yuzu really wants to go to Olympics, he will attend JNats even he is not in full capacity just to shut people up. But if he chooses not to attend JNat, I really think he might skip Olympics as well. Shun is likely to be the next in line to Olymics, which may be a motivational factor for Yuzu not to participate if he is hesitant. Well...personally I really want to see him live in Olympics in BJ (my hometown), but I completely understand the tough situation he is in. I just wish he achieves all he wants while not sacrificing too much. Always trust and support his decision. 

I don't think skipping JNats means he is skipping the Olys, if JSF lets him go (they would be one of the stupidiest sports feds in the entire universe if they don't honestly, but what do I know).

Olys is a stop on his journey to get the 4A so IMO if he can go, he would probably go cos he stated earlier this season that he needed to attend as many comps as possible.