General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo
29 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

In a way, I hope that he won't have anything to do with the Olympics at all. On the one hand, they try to force him to compete. On the other hand, they wish him to hell. This is an impossible environment to compete fairly. It's like being a puppet, where your strings are pulled by different people in different directions ripping your arms off.

Big yes to this. Please

1 hour ago, Kizuna said:

Of course, everyone is working hard and deserves a chance too, but seeing how much Yuzu is truly respected by the other Japanese men, I feel that they train with the thought that Yuzu will be the choice over them.

Also, we have to note: Since 2019 Yuzu's lowest competition score was a 279.05 at the 2019 Autumn Classic with a total of 4 UR calls in SP and FS.

Even his weaker performances at Nationals 2019 and Worlds 2021 both scored above 280 in total. If we count out Shoma and Yuma, this is more than 20 points heigher than any of the other active Japanese men's personal best at the moment:

• Keiji Tanaka  258.84  (2019)
  • Shun Sato  255.11  (2019)
  • Kazuki Tomono  251.05  (2020)
  • Sota Yamamoto  240.11  (2019)
  • Kao Miura  232.89  (2021)
  • Koshiro Shimada  220.45  (2018)
  • [Other skaters have lower PB than 220]

Also, look at the results from last year's nationals:  第89回全日本フィギュアスケート選手権大会 (jsfresults.com)

There is a 40 point gap between the podium and the rest.

Even with a total meltdown Yuzu would probably achieve a better result at the Olympics than any of the other men listed above with a perfect skate. And they know that. It would be absolute madness not to send Yuzu, if he's fit and willing to go.

I don't think there's any way Yuzuru wouldn't get chosen if he was able to go and wanted it - I honestly think for various reasons he should stay out of it, at least if he can't recover in time, but anyway, will support any decision... don't have a choice really :meditationf:I will see the end of this crazy ride.

Seriously I wonder why he still is on Rostelecom roster...

Off topic:

Yuzu's hashtag (#羽生結弦) is being spammed over and over again with some laundry stuff on Twitter. For the past 2-3 hours it's the only thing popping up when you order the feed by 'Latest' . My finger is tired of scrolling down by now. :dbana:

ETA: I wonder whether the product is non-bio. My skin is very picky :68468287:

ETA II: I only thought about translating it now. Turns out it's a competition to win an autograph (?) Free marketing at it's finest, ladies and gents.

Guest Mary_kyo
19 minutes ago, airi said:

Seriously I wonder why he still is on Rostelecom roster...

I strongly doubt he can make it but if he oddly goes, maybe to try out the SP in front of public? Just a guess. Because generally, performing more is beneficial in polishing a program. 

JSF can select Yuzu as they did in 2017 if they decide that Yuzu will be back in competitive form by the Olympics. This is a full translation of the selection criteria I posted on the TJ thread this summer.

I won't comment on the articles and the TV program mentioned above because I don't want to access the said articles, and I could not find a clip of the TV program. Even if I could, I would probably skip it unless it contains info released directly from Yuzu or his team.

在2021/11/6 at PM5点58分, Kizuna说:

Just a thought in my head about JNats and Olympic Team. Other than Yuzu, Shoma, Yuma, the next in line seems to be Shun, who has a very amicable relationship with Yuzu, and also from Sendai. Yuzu once said he started to notice Shun when he was very small, stilling fighting with double axel. And Shun is just a great fanboy of Yuzu, wearing the necklace given by Yuzu and asking for his autographies every time they are in the same show. If Yuzu is not interested in another Olympic, he might also think that it can be a good opportunity for Shun to get Olympic experience this time. I think it all depends on Yuzu's will to participate in this Olympic in the end. From JSF's perspective, I think they have higher motivation to push Yuzu to participate instead of the other way around, just thinking about the sponsors, Olymipic committee, public pressure.  Olympics is a bigger game with politics outside JSF.

33 minutes ago, Pammi said:

aww Shun still can't talk to Yuzuru :67638860:

Just a very minor comment on the translation, which should be:  "...we were both practicing during the open public hours."   In other words, Shun saw Yuzu at Ice Rink Sendai (where Shun used to skate as a young boy) during the regular hours the rink was open to the public.  I don't think Yuzu can skate casually in public anymore, even in Sendai.  

To be honest I have a feeling Yuzu may REALLY want to go to Sochi because he does need to test his new short program somewhere (we all know he typically pancakes the debut of his programs). As much as I don't want him to go to Russia, not only because of his injury, but because of high COVID cases, I think it would be good if he can do a competition before nationals (given he goes to nationals). For all we know his injury may not have been as severe as last time and may have just needed a few weeks of rest. 

The best case if he does go to Sochi is that he performs his programs with watered down content so he doesn't risk injury. Sure he may not even medal (though I'd expect he'd land somewhere on the podium) but at least he can test the SP, run through his FS, and figure out his physical condition. He can still withdraw if he really doesn't feel up for it, we shall see.